NBA Basketball

hamham3001

I dont think its common to call a foul when the offense initiates the contact unless they're Wade, or Lebron.

Do you even watch basketball? As soon as anyone gets in the air it is basically an automatic foul whether they were shooting or not. He would have gotten two shots...still a foul and a pretty easy call to make.

Moral of the story, NBA refs are bad. They make a ton of mistakes during the year, many go unnoticed because they are occurring in games no one watches (other than me and a few others). I don't find the spurs all that boring, boring for the west maybe, but watch the eastern conference. Detroit, Boston, Cleveland...those are three of the worst teams to watch ever. Celtics vs. anyone is a snooze-fest, I really hate the fact that they are going to make it to the finals.

Lakers will take it in 5 I say, Kobe is better than Garnett, Pierce and Allen combined...plus the lakers have players who are used to winning in the post season.

I must say this year seems to show that a good point guard is not a necessity to win in the playoffs or regular season...

Do you even watch basketball? As soon as anyone gets in the air it is basically an automatic foul whether they were shooting or not. He would have gotten two shots...still a foul and a pretty easy call to make.

Moral of the story, NBA refs are bad. They make a ton of mistakes during the year, many go unnoticed because they are occurring in games no one watches (other than me and a few others). I don't find the spurs all that boring, boring for the west maybe, but watch the eastern conference. Detroit, Boston, Cleveland...those are three of the worst teams to watch ever. Celtics vs. anyone is a snooze-fest, I really hate the fact that they are going to make it to the finals.

Lakers will take it in 5 I say, Kobe is better than Garnett, Pierce and Allen combined...plus the lakers have players who are used to winning in the post season.

I must say this year seems to show that a good point guard is not a necessity to win in the playoffs or regular season...

Yeah hte NBA Refs aren't perfect but where I disagree with you is on Lakers and Celtics matchup .. we all know Kobe is the best player in the league but that doesn't take away from that fact that in order to win the chip you have to have a "good" team surrounding you.. i think Garnett will shit on Gasol .. If Kobe Ds Pierce .. whoever guards Ray Allen will get shitted on .. whos their best wing defender after kobe? Trevor Ariza? idk man i dont think it will be 4-1 the Games up in the air to me ... atleast to the 1st game

i disagree. a pg is one of the most difficult positions to fill besides center. it's a leadership role and you can't just plug anyone in. look at how the lakers did with smush parker. they sucked. look how frustrated it made kobe. the man wanted to be traded. insert derek fisher who is the consumate professional (i think he's also the head of the players union). he brings leadership, toughness, and a knack of being able to make the big shot (something smuch couldn't do).

the most obvious example is phoenix with nash. i also offer teams like NO. take out chris paul and they wouldn't be shit. look at SA. they wouldn't be where they are without parker's ability to score on the break and his impoved jumpshot. detroit-billups. utah-williams. atlanta-bibby. philly-miller. toronto-ford/calderon. washington-arenas.

out of the teams that didn't make the playoffs, only chicago-hinrich, meh i'll throw in gs-davis have players that i consider solid point guards.

lastly, look at the teams who didn't make the playoffs. miami-awful to watch. no pg. my beloved knicks and their pg situations last season. portland, minnesota, memphis, charlotte, nj all have young, developing pgs that need seasoning and thus i consider them to not have a true pg (yet).

i don't think there has ever been a time when a pg was not needed to win in the regular season and especially the playoffs.

I don't know if any of you guys read FREEDARKO... but... in a drunken state I had a theory that LA is pretty FD... There's no real classic position players... do they have a real centre? a real PG? Does Odom have a real position? Does da machine play team ball or just camp? KB8 redefined the role/ability of the swing man...

In many ways this is a Frankenstein D'Antoni wet dream!

And I'm eating my "humble pie" here and saying if they keep playing like this it's LA's to winwinwinwinwin. I just hope it ain't against the 'big three' (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz).

I have to respectefully disagree and stand by my point guard statement. This playoffs has shown that a good pg is not needed, just look at the how the playoffs have played out. We are left with Billups (decent, but his team seemed just as good with stuckey), Parker (only one close to the top 5 pg's), Fisher (old and not good when he was younger), and Rondo (pretty terrible). Last round Paul was beaten out, and Cleveland took the Celts to 7 games with no point guard at all really.

If you look at past championship matchups, it just seems like there are often good guards at the helm. I agree it's an important position, I just would have thought that parker and billups would have dominated their matchups in these series and they aren't...

who would you say are some of the best floppers of all time? i'd put vlade divac pretty high. the above mentioned ginobili. reggie miller. john stockton.

but, here's my vote for worst flop:

fqPBJ_6y_5A

good list. and a great video. but don't forget these two:

h8uRa8k746g

I have to respectefully disagree and stand by my point guard statement. This playoffs has shown that a good pg is not needed, just look at the how the playoffs have played out. We are left with Billups (decent, but his team seemed just as good with stuckey), Parker (only one close to the top 5 pg's), Fisher (old and not good when he was younger), and Rondo (pretty terrible). Last round Paul was beaten out, and Cleveland took the Celts to 7 games with no point guard at all really.

If you look at past championship matchups, it just seems like there are often good guards at the helm. I agree it's an important position, I just would have thought that parker and billups would have dominated their matchups in these series and they aren't...

you dont really need a good pg if you have point forwards like lebron, odom, pippen, webber

I'm hoping to see a Lakers and Celtics final. And I'm really hoping/praying that Ray Allen can step up in the finals (much like he did in game 5 vs. detroit) because if he doesn't, Lakers will run away with the championship.

you dont really need a good pg if you have point forwards like lebron, odom, pippen, webber

that is what I am saying...

Rondo is alright, he has been inconsistent during the year, especially during the playoffs. I know he is young and has a ton of talent, he is just too young I suppose.

On the floppers, I would say Fisher is bad, Varejo is also pretty terrible and my boy Mo pete is pretty bad also. Ginobili is a pretty obvious one, Nash can also flop quite a bit...pierce was flopping around last game also...seemed a bit out of character for him

especially if you're playing the triangle.

(still, it's good to have a solid physical pg like d-fish who could harass people with pesky D and make big shots.)

I'm hoping to see a Lakers and Celtics final. And I'm really hoping/praying that Ray Allen can step up in the finals (much like he did in game 5 vs. detroit) because if he doesn't, Lakers will run away with the championship.

Agreed, Lakers vs. Celtics would be a great series but I'm hoping Ray Allen can't pull it together.

Soap is a fucking idiot. Tony Parker is a fucking product of Tim Duncan. Not that Tim Duncan is a great post talent, but that fucker keeps pulling up for thos bank shots, and he keeps making them. Without him, Parker isn't shit. And Rondo is ass? Fuck yourself buddy. I'm solidly praying for the lakers to run through the Spurs, because faggot duncan and parker can't beat the damn celtics. The only way to beat a team that plays defence that well is to be forced into making tough jumpers, and hitting those shits anyway.Kobe seems to be one of perhaps 4 guys in the league who can do that against the Celtics. Granted, the Celtics are still an excellent team and would liekly be favored to win, but for the Lakers to win, Kobe needs to have 4 excellent games. For the Spurs to win, KG needs to be shot in his sleep.

Soap is a fucking idiot. Tony Parker is a fucking product of Tim Duncan. Not that Tim Duncan is a great post talent, but that fucker keeps pulling up for thos bank shots, and he keeps making them. Without him, Parker isn't shit. And Rondo is ass? Fuck yourself buddy. I'm solidly praying for the lakers to run through the Spurs, because faggot duncan and parker can't beat the damn celtics. The only way to beat a team that plays defence that well is to be forced into making tough jumpers, and hitting those shits anyway.Kobe seems to be one of perhaps 4 guys in the league who can do that against the Celtics. Granted, the Celtics are still an excellent team and would liekly be favored to win, but for the Lakers to win, Kobe needs to have 4 excellent games. For the Spurs to win, KG needs to be shot in his sleep.

I am an idiot? Your post makes no sense at all. Take a poll of every coach in the league and ask who they would take if they had a choice. I don't even think Parker is that great either...but he is certainly better than Rondo right now.

Who the fuck do you even want to win? I don't get what you are getting at with this mess of a post. It sounds with the way you are defending Rondo and Garnett that you are a celtics fan...but then you say you want the spurs to lose...because they CAN'T beat the celtics? How many "tough" jumpers did the hawks hit when they took the celtics to 7 games? And Parker is a product of Duncan...even though in your opinion Duncan isn't a great post talent...so how the fuck did they win 3 championships in the last 5 years...

Parker creates his own shots. The majority of Parker's shots are one on one drives to the basket. Parkers doesn't NEED Duncan for that. He doesn't need Tim Duncan to personally excel, but of course, Duncan is a vital asset to the Spurs.

Rondo kinda reminds me of Parker when he first came into the league. Great playmaker w/ assists and drives to the basket, but lacks an outside shot. Parker is by no means a threat as an outside shooter, but his mid range game is definitely better than when he first came into the NBA.

how good of a player do you guys consider odom to be?

i consider odom one of the most versatile players in the league. he has the skillset to start on any team. great ball handler for a 6'10" big. excellent rebounder. above average passer. good defender. not afraid of contact. needs to work on a consistent jumper and finish at the rim better. he's not a superstar, but he's definately someone you'd want on your team.

Ahhh Lakers win... good shit to them and Kobe and to think how the Media tried to crush him with that rape shit and ruin him... now they're hanging from his nuts.. thats the media for you cant trust them..

You're arguing that LA has enough playoff experience to beat SA. But in reality, only 3 players on the Lakers have made it this far in the playoffs, where as the entire SA squad has been here and farther. If you want to count first round exits, then fine. That's still a lack of experience to me.

What? Read it again. I didn't mention SA in that paragraph at all. I only argued that the Lakers have experience. Geez. Some great analytical skills there.

and, lol, Lakers win the series anyway.

What? Read it again. I didn't mention SA in that paragraph at all. I only argued that the Lakers have experience. Geez. Some great analytical skills there.

and, lol, Lakers win the series anyway.

my bad, i misunderstood big 3. you sure took your time to respond. guess it helps when you can gloat at the same time.

haha, loved vujacic's 3 at the buzzer

a classless team deserves that shot in their face on the way out

Lol one of the commentators said that Michael Finley looked at Vjacic like "was that shot needed?!" lol really wasnt though

Alright guys which series would you look to see more ?

Lakers vs Celtics or

Lakers vs Pistons

and explain why

For me its Celtics vs Lakers in the finals more enjoyable to watch on T.V although the Lakers has lost to the celtics two times this season, this is the playoffs and its a different atmosphere than the regular season. Also I'd love to see Pierce Vs Kobe even though we know Kobe will light him up .. hes still very able to do damage especially with having Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen (if he shows up) on your team. I think Gasol vs Garnett wont be too hard for KG .. Gasol wasn't really pinning out Duncan offensively ... but he was bothering him on the boards with his long arms and stuff.. Im really interested on whos going to guard Ray Allen if he does show up well.. shooting 3s driving,penetrating it's going to be a 7 game series if they do play the Celtics thats all i have to say