NBA Basketball

hamham3001

Bulls fan, So your trying to knock him because he's a Knick fan right. By the way congrats on the number one pick. Hope you guys don't screw it up again.

Rose> Beasley

Kevin Love>Deandre Jordan>Darell Arthur>Thabeet>Chase Budinger>Joe Alexander>Eric Gordan>>>>>>>>>>>>Rose>Beasley

You can't really argue the fact that the Spurs are more playoff tested than the Lakers. Only Kobe and DFish have won it all for LA, while the Spurs are basically the same team from it's championship seasons. They know how to win from starters to bench. LA has not been in this playoff situation in the since the Shaq years. I'm really excited about this series.

You're arguing that LA has enough playoff experience to beat SA. But in reality, only 3 players on the Lakers have made it this far in the playoffs, where as the entire SA squad has been here and farther. If you want to count first round exits, then fine. That's still a lack of experience to me.

That's what I intended to disprove. k?

I didn't say the individual players lacked experience. I said LA did. As in the TEAM. THE CURRENT TEAM. AS A UNIT. I'm sorry but when the starting 5 aren't on the floor LA looks terrible... Farmer is USELESS and I think he actually HURTS LA. Walton has his ups n' downs (more downs though)... DJ is pffffffft...

Whoever picks LOVE is gonna regret it in a few years.

It's SA's to lose in the West. And DET's to win in the East.

But does that mean the other teams can't win? Not at all... It's the conference finals...

where ANYTHING happens

JOSH SMITH TO NY!

AS A UNIT. I'm sorry but when the starting 5 aren't on the floor LA looks terrible... Farmer is USELESS and I think he actually HURTS LA. Walton has his ups n' downs (more downs though)... DJ is pffffffft...

78, have you even watched the Lakers play this year?

Lakers actually have the best bench in the league. (Spurs arguably did before Manu was inserted into the starting lineup to provide much-needed firepower.)

Barkley himself said that this was probably the best Lakers team he had ever seen. (He was rightfully lambasted by the rest of the TNT crew and then he backtracked.) What he meant was, he later clarified, that one through twelve this Lakers team is the best he's seen, that this is the deepest Lakers team he's ever seen.

The Lakers have the second-highest scoring bench in the league. (Again, the Spurs had the highest-scoring bench, but that's because they had Manu dropping 20 a night from the pine.) Farmar, Vujacic, Walton, Turiaf, and now Ariza are all very, very good. What's especially impressive is that when the second unit comes out, they play in an entirely different style from that the starting 5 play. They push the ball more and play a more wide-open, frenetic style. Walton, Vujacic, and Farmar are all good ball-handlers and shooters from the outside, and Turiaf is very tough, smart, and a good defender. (Did anyone notice that he averaged 1.4 blocks a night despite playing less than 19 minutes a night?) And Ariza is long, athletic, and quick--just the type of player to cover Ginobili and to let Kobe conserve his energy for the offensive end. (Radmanovic actually belongs on the bench, but God knows what's going on with Bynum.)

This is just an objective observation of the Lakers' second unit.

For all you Spurs fans, you may want to stock up on this:

Pepto.jpg

^ yeah I've watched them. Yes they're talented... but the post season is a different beast to the regular season. I just can't stand Farmar... the Utah series for me showed LA's weaknesses (and strengths) and SA's gonna go for the jugular.

Having said all that I have... what about the COACHES???

That's a HUGE factor in the playoffs. The tactics, match ups, etc... and the Zen Master is pretty fuckin good at his job... as is Pops... and even Flip or is he past his prime? But what about Doc? Last season most ppl were expecting him to get shipped... then the Big Ticket and RayRay fall into your lap... does he really coach??

ha.

In my world it'd be the Hawks vs 'zards with Agent Zero in the East and NOH vs Jr Smith.

ha.

za masheeeeeeeeen!!!!!!!

Machine doesn't fuck around, but it helps to have an ice-cold engine in place of a bleeding heart in your chest when you're shooting free throws with less than a minute left to go against the defending world champions.

i stopped watching the game after first half. i couldnt take tim duncans frontcourt domination anymore. but a few hours later my friend calls me and BAM LAKERS WIN

Man, Kobe took only five shots in the first half....You should've known that the jig was up!

78, the Lakers' bench is looking pretty good now, isn't it?

No. hahahaha Apart from Sasha and Turiaf the rest can die. hahahaha Farmar was on for 18minutes... that just blows my mind...

The star of tonight was Vaugh 05:22 0-0 0-0 0-0 -3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

And I'll be the first to eat my words if LA AND BOS make it to the finals. After the 1st round I really didn't care no more...

2511610838_2b47ca23e2_o.jpg

The tragedy just continues...

2510801233_53c7b4771e_o.jpg

I'm sure now D'antoni wished he went to Chicago to coach Rose running the point dishing to ultra athletic guys as Noah and Thomas and great slashers such as Deng and Gordon instead of that trying to clean that huge New York Mess !!! wish they picked Mark Jackson anyway..L

That's right motherfuckers... My team is going to take it all the way... It's about time we have another one.

Sadly I passed up on buying tickets to lastnights game... What a mistake that was, I bet the energy was fucking intense.

I'm sure now D'antoni wished he went to Chicago to coach Rose running the point dishing to ultra athletic guys as Noah and Thomas and great slashers such as Deng and Gordon instead of that trying to clean that huge New York Mess !!! wish they picked Mark Jackson anyway..L

hmm if you were dantoni would you goto chicago where you get paid less, have less control of your staff, drafting, player trades?

Or go to NY, where you have freedom to choose your assistants, players, try to rebuild a shitty franchise to greatness, get paid more. And possibly get fired after a year and still get remaining 3 years salary and still possibly go coach in chicago and still get paid by NY?

Working in Chicago would be terrible for D'Antoni. Even though the personel is better there, Paxson is basically a Kerr clone (both as a player and a GM), so it would seem that D'Antoni would butt heads with him, too.

Who knows? Maybe D'Antoni can make Zach Randolph into another Amare...!

Working in Chicago would be terrible for D'Antoni. Even though the personel is better there, Paxson is basically a Kerr clone (both as a player and a GM), so it would seem that D'Antoni would butt heads with him, too.

Who knows? Maybe D'Antoni can make Zach Randolph into another Amare...!

Watching Zach play for a season, he's Amare with better range, post game, better handles, better rebounding, much better passing when he feels like it, no hops, slow and a black hole on offense.

Okay he's nothing like Amare