NBA Basketball

hamham3001

That was a hard foul and he should have been ejected, but I don't think the intent was to hurt Rondo. It appeared as though Williams was trying to hold him up so he wouldn't hit the floor (as hard), but that made the foul look worse.

Why do you guys hate the Celtics? Is it because Massachusetts has the best pro teams?

That was a hard foul and he should have been ejected, but I don't think the intent was to hurt Rondo. It appeared as though Williams was trying to hold him up so he wouldn't hit the floor (as hard), but that made the foul look worse.

Why do you guys hate the Celtics? Is it because Massachusetts has the best pro teams?

The Patriots - Bunch of Cheats who lost when they stopped cheating

Celtics - Classless showboaters, who the nba will rig to make it to the finals

Sox - Will always live the yankees shadow despite winning

The Patriots - Bunch of Cheats who lost when they stopped cheating

Celtics - Classless showboaters, who the nba will rig to make it to the finals

Sox - Will always live the yankees shadow despite winning

That sounds like jealousy to me.

Patriots - Yes they cheated (and by they I mean their coach), and they were caught and punished for it. Then they went on to win every regular season game, made it to the Super Bowl and lost in the final minute. The actions of Belichick didn't help them go undefeated during the regular season. And if you think the Patriots are the only time that has cheated, you'd be mistaken.

Celtics - How exactly are they classless, or showboaters? Any examples?

Red Sox - The Yankees haven't won a WS since 2000 despite consistently having the largest payroll in all of pro sports. The Red Sox might have lived in the shadow of the Yankees in the past, but the tides have turned. the Yankees live in the shadow of few teams nowadays.

That sounds like jealousy to me.

Patriots - Yes they cheated (and by they I mean their coach), and they were caught and punished for it. Then they went on to win every regular season game, made it to the Super Bowl and lost in the final minute. The actions of Belichick didn't help them go undefeated during the regular season. And if you think the Patriots are the only time that has cheated, you'd be mistaken.

Celtics - How exactly are they classless, or showboaters? Any examples?

Red Sox - The Yankees haven't won a WS since 2000 despite consistently having the largest payroll in all of pro sports. The Red Sox might have lived in the shadow of the Yankees in the past, but the tides have turned. the Yankees live in the shadow of few teams nowadays.

Patriots -didnt get much a punishment, the nfl should have taken away draft picks for 2 years as it would have happened in other sports.

Celtics - running up scores in a blowouts, play starters in 4th quarter blow outs, gang signs, hard fouls when losing, James Posey aka poor man's bruce bowen, showboating after ever point scored, never getting called for pushes or goaltends

Yanks still make the most money for the mlb despite being a avg team with a bloated payroll.

I know David STern is letting out a sigh of relief that Celtics mad it past the 1st. After all of those marketing dollars with Celtics players all over it and with the dream matchup of Lakers v. Celtics looming. But at this point im not to sure Celtics will get past Pistons...we'll see.

Patriots -didnt get much a punishment, the nfl should have taken away draft picks for 2 years as it would have happened in other sports.

Celtics - running up scores in a blowouts, play starters in 4th quarter blow outs, gang signs, hard fouls when losing, James Posey aka poor man's bruce bowen, showboating after ever point scored, never getting called for pushes or goaltends

Yanks still make the most money for the mlb despite being a avg team with a bloated payroll.

The Patriots got the harshest punishment ever meted out by the NFL. And something tells me that even if they did take away draft picks for 2 years (which, by the way, is absurd) you'd still be complaining.

Doc Rivers consistently sat the starters in the fourth quarters of games throughout the course of the season. The 'Big Three' averages less minutes per game this season than their career MPG. And, aside from his rookie season, KG played the least amount of minutes this season. He averaged 5 MPG less than his career average. Even still, this isn't recreational basketball. It's not about feelings being hurt. It's not up to the better team to keep games close to protect the feelings of the players or fans. The Celtics have been a bad team for some time now. If they want to blow everyone else out of the water, it's their prerogative.

Gang signs? Hard fouls? showboating? Please. You're just looking for excuses to hate on the Celtics and you're grasping at straws.

Now on to the Yankees. Are we talking about a baseball team winning or being profitable? Either way the Yankees are failing at both. In addition to not winning a World Series since 2000, the Yankees lost $26 million in 2006 and $50 million in 2005.

I used to like (or at least respect) the Celtics because they were badass in the 80s and they brought it every game. This coming from a hardcore Lakers fan.

I hate the Celtics now because

• Doc Rivers is a shitty coach who got bailed out by having three great veteran players who are all smart and basically coach themselves on his team;
  • Danny Ainge is a shitty GM who doesn't believe in statistical analysis (not even in baseball!) and who got bailed out because Kevin McHale is his buddy; and
  • the Celtics were basically handed a team; their draft picks for years were godawful, and all of a sudden they are contenders because of a bunch of mercenaries; their bench was super weak but then Cassell and P. J. Brown just decided to join their team to make a championship run.

I hate the Cavs because their coach is godawful and Danny Ferry is likewise a moron. Both of their asses are saved simply because LeBron is great. But has anyone taken a look at the Cavs' roster? Are you kidding me? I wouldn't want any of those junky non-LeBron players (except maybe Ilgauskas if my team were bottom feeders).

And I hate the Bulls because Skiles clearly is a bad coach and can't develop players and also because Paxson, for all his wheeling and dealing, overvalued his own players and ended up with a roster full of good but not great guys. Way to fucking go.

I wish people would realize once and for all what a bad coach Skiles is. Sure, he's intense, but that doesn't make one a good coach--there are many coaches who are soft-spoken and calm (like Tony Dungy and of course Phil Jackson). But what should be more damning than anything else is Skiles's inability to develop players.

Hinrich is not much better than he was as a rookie. Deng and Gordon, who both foolishly turned down outrageous extensions, have not developed much, either. (Compare, for example, Deng's development against that of a similar player, Andre Iguodala.) Tyrus Thomas after two years in the league is already considered an afterthought, whereas LaMarcus Aldridge, whom the Bulls traded for Thomas, was second in most-improved-player voting. And who the hells knows what will happen with Noah; Skiles certainly rubbed him the wrong way.

Skiles did a tremendous amount of damage to the development of Eddy Curry and Tyson Chandler. I feel especially bad for Curry, as he went from the seventh level of hell straight to the ninth; in New York, his game, psyche, and reputation were perhaps done irreparable harm. Byron Scott, who has had an ill-deserved reputation as a "dumb" coach, has done a tremendous job developing players. People may attribute Scott's success to having Chris Paul on his team, but I think Scott has been instrumental to Paul's stratospheric development over the last two years. Also, the emergence of David West and Tyson Chandler is simply more evidence.

I used to like (or at least respect) the Celtics because they were badass in the 80s and they brought it every game. This coming from a hardcore Lakers fan.

I hate the Celtics now because

• Doc Rivers is a shitty coach who got bailed out by having three great veteran players who are all smart and basically coach themselves on his team;
  • Danny Ainge is a shitty GM who doesn't believe in statistical analysis (not even in baseball!) and who got bailed out because Kevin McHale is his buddy; and
  • the Celtics were basically handed a team; their draft picks for years were godawful, and all of a sudden they are contenders because of a bunch of mercenaries; their bench was super weak but then Cassell and P. J. Brown just decided to join their team to make a championship run.

I'll agree with you on all three points. At least someone can backup their hatred with valid arguments.

Doc does suck. He can't manage the flow of the game. Anyone could have gotten this Celts team to the playoffs. The way he handled the Atlanta series is enough to fire him even if the Celts do win it all.

That said, I'm still rooting for the Celts. I've paid my dues watching them when they sucked, so now I'm ready for a (nother) championship.

Now on to the Yankees. Are we talking about a baseball team winning or being profitable? Either way the Yankees are failing at both. In addition to not winning a World Series since 2000, the Yankees lost $26 million in 2006 and $50 million in 2005.

the yankees depress me so bad. 97-00 were good years, though.

on to fun news, 23 cent pizzas @ Cleveland Papa Johns' b/c they made those "crybaby" shirts that they wore in Washington...wait is like an hour and a half though.

Reports say that there is a good chance that Bynum won't come back at all this year.

But the Lakers are rolling without him.

Do the Celtics have enough gas to make it to the finals? I hope so: I would to see the gold and green in the finals again, and I would love to see the Lakers walk away with it all.

That said, I'm still rooting for the Celts. I've paid my dues watching them when they sucked, so now I'm ready for a (nother) championship.

ditto... jesus (the white one) has always been my all time favorite player since i was a yout. i always said fuck jordan, and even more so since he robbed nique.

Reports say that there is a good chance that Bynum won't come back at all this year.

But the Lakers are rolling without him.

Do the Celtics have enough gas to make it to the finals? I hope so: I would to see the gold and green in the finals again, and I would love to see the Lakers walk away with it all.

Yeah Bynum is done for the year..I am sure the Lakers have a great chance at winning the whole thing, they match up against the Hornets much better than the Spurs and I have not been impressed with the Celtics at all. They won a bunch of games but Pierce and Allen are both so overrated...