NBA Basketball

hamham3001

The spurs are good, people need to quit hating. The east has been down lately, yes. But the west has been extra difficult to get out of the past 10 years. It's not fair to just look at the eastern winner to evaluate them.

Why are marbury and bdiddy better floor generals? Assists? Please don't tell me you're one of those guys who look at the assist stat and get all wet. Marbury and bdiddy are shoot first point guards who take some shit a lot of times because those 2 guys(along with stevie franchise) don't really play within any systems and just do their own thing 24/7. While that mentality is really cool stats and nice plays, it doesn't translate into wins, which is what those 3 also have in common. Those 3 guys can only have their teams win if they're absolutely on fire, and that's not even a given because even when they are, they manipulate the ball so much to the point that it's hard for their teammates to get into a rythmn and help them out. It's the same reason the cavs offense is absolutely terrible. Only the cavs have a top 5-7 defense and a top 3 rebounding team to back up their terrible offense.

Marbury doesnt rack up huge assists, he changed his whole style of play recently for the better. He plays under control lets, the game come to him and plays hard nose defense on opposing sg's and pg's. He primarily brings the ball up, manage the tempo, and only scores when he has to.

Baron, yeah he doesnt follow any plays, well that was the warriors system. They just bring the ball up and shoot 3's praying that they go in. But he can control tempo of the game and force teams who normally play a slower pace to try to catch up to his teams tempo.

The knicks and the warriors cant survive without these guys, but the spurs they could still beat the cavs without Parker.

so what teams in the past would you consider to be a dynasty? (besides the celtics in the 60's and the bulls in the 90's) spurs have won what 4 or 5 since 99?...sounds like domination to me..

its not their fault the east is a fraud.

playoff time comes, they know how to handle..regular season doesnt mean shit. (who's talken about the mavs now or kobe's 50 point games?) its all about who gets that gold at the end...

they got thru denver, phoenix, and the jazz...imo any three of those teams could take on any one in the east except maybe detriot..

some of your points are valid though but dont hate, congradulate.....

The Spurs are a great team but dynasty?

I don't think so.

- Have they won back to back with this team?

- You can't include the '99 team. Why? How many players are from the '99 team still playing?

- Look at their fuckin opponents when they win... the only legit win was against Detroit and that went to 7 and could have gone either way.

- Dynasty teams DOMINATE in the regular season. When did they finish at the top of the regular season?

Yeah they play successful playoff ball.

Fuck Timmy - you're boring. I don't care if you're effective. You ARE boring.

Fuck Parker - I'm just jealous. Still your floater looks maaaaaad homo.

Fuck Bowen - you're a dirty cheat.

Fuck Manu - you're a wannabe actor. Grow up.

Fuck Oberto - ya goofy sissy.

Fuck Ellson - another dirty cheat - yeah I saw those hits under the ring.

Fuck Robert - does nothing all season and then decides to 'turn up' and play dirty - that Nash flagrant deserved far far more than what he got. How many games did 'mello get? Yeah I thought so.

Fuck Pop - yeah weird incestous freak. good coaching tho. hahaha.

That was one of the most lopsided, boring Finals in memory. As much as I dislike the Spurs, I can't really hate on them, they play some solid, if unspectacular ball. TD actually played somewhat shitty in the games/parts I actually watched; still kind of amazed how Parker and Manu are able to just glide to the hole effortlessly, though.

And LBJ...ouch.

Probably one of the worst superstar Finals performances, ever. Good news is you're still young, and will get better in time. Bad news is you better hurry before guys like Oden and maybe Durant...start taking over the league and close your window of opp.

Marbury doesnt rack up huge assists, he changed his whole style of play recently for the better. He plays under control lets, the game come to him and plays hard nose defense on opposing sg's and pg's. He primarily brings the ball up, manage the tempo, and only scores when he has to.

Baron, yeah he doesnt follow any plays, well that was the warriors system. They just bring the ball up and shoot 3's praying that they go in. But he can control tempo of the game and force teams who normally play a slower pace to try to catch up to his teams tempo.

The knicks and the warriors cant survive without these guys, but the spurs they could still beat the cavs without Parker.

WOW another person who can see what Steph has been doing. I'm amazed. +rep. Everyone just jumps on the hate starbury bandwagon so quickly. This start of the last season had him playing all kinds of styles and ways. There was one game he had a gazillion assists but no points.... he was feeding to everyone and yeah they won... then another game later he puts up 30+ on the scoreboard. And now he's got that chat show and the $15 sneaks. Dude gets my vote and I'm proud to wear his Knicks jersey on the blacktop. BUT do I think he's on the trading table? Yes. Cuz we (knicks) need to go in a different direction to make use of the youngin's - Curry, Lee & co.

Bird - What teams are Dynasty calibre? Last one was the Lakers. If Shaq n' Kobe coulda kept they're whining off the court they could have EASILY won a couple more. Then the Bulls in the 90s. duh. I don't count the Rockets even tho they did a back2back, nor the Bad Boy Pistons. Yes to the Bird Celtics and yes to the MJ et all Lakers... should I keep going?

Last I checked the word Dynasty implies successive reigns. And the Spurs have yet to do that. They need a back2back. If they win next year then yes I'd give it to them.

Remember this teams has won THREE not FOUR rings.

And yeah I'm biased and have just ALWAYS despised the Spurs.

haha..i know you hate the spurs...kinda how i feel about the yankees, so i feel you on that tip..but i dont think you have to win back to back to be considered a dynasty..just winning a couple titles in a handfull of years...thats just my take on the shit.

but yea, you pretty much mentioned below most of the teams i would have considered.

Bird - What teams are Dynasty calibre? Last one was the Lakers. If Shaq n' Kobe coulda kept they're whining off the court they could have EASILY won a couple more. Then the Bulls in the 90s. duh. I don't count the Rockets even tho they did a back2back, nor the Bad Boy Pistons. Yes to the Bird Celtics and yes to the MJ et all Lakers... should I keep going?

Last I checked the word Dynasty implies successive reigns. And the Spurs have yet to do that. They need a back2back. If they win next year then yes I'd give it to them.

Remember this teams has won THREE not FOUR rings.

And yeah I'm biased and have just ALWAYS despised the Spurs.

I just want to see KG play somewhere and him not look like he's going to blow his brains out after every game. I feel so sorry for the guy. He's going to snap soon if he stays on the wolves. He just keeps bottling up all his anger and frustration and acting like shit's cool. He scares me.

take it with a grain of salt but there is a rumor that KG might be heading to the suns... im guessing something like marion+diaw/barbosa+filler or something like that. could you imagine nash+kg+amare lineup...damn.

the scenario i heard (from espn's simmons, among others) was amare for kg straight up and then bascially everyone else but nash plus picks plus cash for kobe

those three would win the title with me as the sixth man

• 2 weeks later...

we all know its over, so maybe this can be just the basketball thread now..

portland and seattle with the top two picks...odin or durant? who would you take first if you were portland? im still in limbo.

you know the NBA hates how those teams got the top 2...im sure they wanted eastcoast teams with a little better market to grap em...like the knicks, 76's, or boston.

Why don't the celtics just trade pierce for stuff. See if they can have an entire team of under 24 year olds. Should be fun. It's not like they're going to win the title with pierce, garnett and scrubs anyway.

you know the NBA hates how those teams got the top 2...im sure they wanted eastcoast teams with a little better market to grap em...like the knicks, 76's, or boston.

Firstly. New York wasn't in the running for a top pick holmes. Nor Philly.

Secondly it's ODEN. Not Thor's father Odin.

Thirdly, Seattle was a favourite of the NBA in the early-mid 90's with The Glove and the REIGNman. Bring that shit back. We need more hard working teams. And no I don't count the Spurs as hard working - they're well coached and disciplined. I mean hard working teams with HEART. Watch a playoff series from the 90's and see how far the NBA has fallen.

Anyway...

Blazers get Oden.

Sonics get Durant.

Those are pretty much givens.

Now the 3rd spot is where it all gets interesting. Why? Because whoever goes at 3 determines/changes/fucks-with all the rest of the draft.

Watch the Hawks to get some good picks in the 1st round.

• 2 months later...
and he'll become a big pot head (if he isn't already) and get charged for some misdemeanor soon if it's par for the course.

Jail Blazers!!!!

Portland Jail Blazers Redux

Just when you thought the Trail Blazers roster had broken every letter of the law, 3rd-year G/F Qyntel Woods goes and gets suspended for alleged dog fighting in his Lake Oswego home. Dogfighting is a felony in Oregon (good) and is punishable by up to $100k and 5 years.

This is just the latest in a laundry list of offenses that've earned Portland's team the horribly funny nickname: the Jail Blazers. And thanks to JailBlazers.info, here is that list:

Marijuana

Damon Stoudamire

Rasheed Wallace

Qyntel Woods

Erick Barkley

Isaiah Rider

Drunk Driving

Gary Grant

Zach Randolph

Rod Strickland

Driving w/out a License or w/ a Suspended License

Woods

Rider

Wallace

Assault

Gary Trent

Ruben Patterson

Wallace

Grant

Failing to Leave a Fight

Bonzi Wells

Barkley

Cursing at an Officer

Jermaine O'Neal

Trespassing

Wells

Providing Alcohol to Minor Girls

Marcus Brown

Witness to Brother Shooting 3 People

Randolph

Cocaine

Shawn Kemp

Bad Parenting

Kemp (7 children w/ 6 different women)

That terribly sucks. But at least this puts Portland in the position to potentially draft D.Rose, Beasley, or Mayo next year.

Shit, then if Oden comes back and even is only 80% of what he could have been, that squad is still some serious, serious shit.

B.Roy, Rose/Beasley/Mayo, Aldridge, Oden, plus "are you kidding who the f* else do you need" 5th starter. Gawd-damn.