NBA Basketball

hamham3001

By the way I watch a wack load of NBA games and just cause Kobe decides every once in a while to pass the ball does not make his whole team better that much better. Especially considering how Chris Paul orchestrates the whole New Orleans offence. I actually would like to see the Hornets vs the Lakers. It would definately be close

Two totally different types of offenses. Byron Scott runs his offense through his pgs(NJ and NO). The triangle is a lot more complicated, so complicated that it takes players time to learn it. It's not like the lakers run Isos all day like the mavs, knicks.

Guest what job
The Lakers would have still made the playoff if they did not have Kobe. The Hornets would have had 30 wins if they did not have Chris Paul. Kobe is a great player (As much as I hate saying this) but he does not make everyone around him better. Also, you know the Spurs could take the Lakers in a best of seven (even though it would be boring as fuck and I do not want to see San Antonio in the finals).

man Chris Paul is good but his teammates are what make him look so great

he's got All-Stars

dude has Peja, David West and Tyson Chandler and Bonzi

if you wanna talk about a dude who CARRIES his team..

Lebron James

besides Illgauskas soft ass, he has virtually no one

and lol @ a Utah and Hornets finals

you would really rather see that than Lakers vs Celtics?

a Utah vs NO matchup sounds intriguing. CP3 and DW are two of the most outstanding young PGs in the league, however imho, it's not their time. the road to the western conf finals goes through SA until Duncan retires.

SA plays team ball. they're not the most athletic or exciting team to watch offensively, but they get the job done because of their high basketball IQ, commitment to team play/defense, and patience on the offensive end to get a high percentage shot. the team as a whole is getting up there in age so it's only a matter of time before the young squads take over being the team to beat in the west.

SA plays team ball. they're not the most athletic or exciting team to watch offensively, but they get the job done because of their high basketball IQ, commitment to team play/defense, and patience on the offensive end to get a high percentage shot. the team as a whole is getting up there in age so it's only a matter of time before the young squads take over being the team to beat in the west.

Dont forget they play 90's style thug ball and almost always get away with it. It would be awesome if every team in the nba was allowed to play this way again.

Horry just took out West's back.

bring back hand checking! i didn't get to watch the game so i didn't see what happened. sounds similar to what he did to Steve Nash last year.

most nba players are soft nowdays. look at them cry to the refs. jvg said it best in that he prefers basketball players who have also played football. they have another level of toughness.

bring back hand checking! i didn't get to watch the game so i didn't see what happened. sounds similar to what he did to Steve Nash last year.

most nba players are soft nowdays. look at them cry to the refs. jvg said it best in that he prefers basketball players who have also played football. they have another level of toughness.

West was playing with back spasms, and Horry decides to make the injury worse. Dude was on the floor crying for a while.

interesting points about the whole david west/robert horry situation:

First Steve Nash, now David West. Even when he's not scoring, or rebounding, or defending or doing much of anything else, Robert Horry has a way of impacting a playoff series, doesn't he? The similarity of the motion that sent Nash sprawling a year ago and the one that sent West to the floor Thursday is hard to ignore.

But as shaky a move as it was, New Orleans should call the league and beg it not to suspend Horry. The Spurs have been playing him mainly out of loyalty, and he's been absolutely killing them at both ends; in fact, about the only thing he's done well is intentionally foul Tyson Chandler at the end of quarters. Taking Horry off the court for Game 7 is the best favor the league could ever do for the Spurs.

And while the Hornets seethe over Horry's shot on West, here's a question: Why on earth was West out there, down 21 in the fourth with a bad back that the Hornets desperately need to get better by Monday? Byron Scott was killed for pulling his starters early in Game 4 of the 2002 Finals; ironically, it now seems he might have erred by waiting too long.

The Lakers successfully turned down the volume on the vociferous Utah crowd, using a steady flow of fast-break points, 3-pointers and free throws to pound the Jazz.

By the end of the first half the fans were reduced to chanting derisively at the referees, as if it were the official's fault the Jazz shot 33 percent, or that the refs played defense that let the Lakers get whatever shots they wanted. Hey, maybe the refs chartered the plane for Andrei Kirilenko's ill-timed trip to San Francisco Thursday to take care of visa issues at the French embassy.

Actually, one fan did blame Kirilenko, commandeering a public address microphone during halftime and using the arena loudspeakers to urge Jazz owner Larry Miller to trade Kirilenko.

And by the third quarter, one Jazz fan was directing the same nasty verb used for the referees at Carlos Boozer.

man, i hate utah fans. they boo at everything, the worst ones against fisher. but it made this win even better.

now kobe can spend more time rehabing his back.

Such a frustrating ending from the Cavs perspective...lebron should have just taken that three instead of going to the hoop. Mike brown is clueless though, he kept big ben in on offense so the Celts could double the ball/lebron whenever they wanted to. Wallace had a wide open shot with no one around him with about 2 minutes left and just passed it out to Lebron who was already in a double team