NBA Basketball

hamham3001

Flip Saunders a top 3 coach in the league? Did you forget Pat Riley (ret), D'Antoni, Jerry Sloan, and Larry Brown? but, Flip is still a better coach than Doc
Does anyone feel bad for Doc Rivers? The three remaining teams have three of the best coaches in the league. I wonder how far pure talent can take you....

I think Phil and Pop are the best two; as far as Saunders, I think he's close to top five (but definitely top ten). I'd have to think off the top of my head, but other people for consideration have to include Sloan, D'Antoni, Larry Brown, Stan Van Gundy, Avery Johnson (fired), Adelman, and maybe George Karl. But Rivers belongs in the bottom third of the league, if not lower....Watching him and Mike Brown try to "outcoach" each other was like watching two kids with cerebral palsy in knife fight. Ridiculous.

I hate the Spurs, so in a way it will be gratifying to watch the Lakers eat them alive.

word...lakers are going to blow their doors off

next to mj, kobe's the best late-game killer EVAR

you know he's getting every call now that he's got the mvp; bruce bowen's bullshit won't fly this time around

fuck him anyway

it's funny - i remember dancing in the streets after the 03 west semis

times change i guess

i can't put my finger on it, but i kind of like this laker team

so the four teams that should of did.

4 teams that I realy am not emotional about.

I got a feeling it's gonna be DET v SA in the finals... and then once again SA to take it. Why? Cuz LA's lack of experience and inability to contain the big 'three' is gonna wear 'em out... and BOS has looked so bad in the last two rounds (14games!!!)... they're scattered and unhinged. Maxiell's gonna eat their babies.

GO KNICKS!

Cuz LA's lack of experience and inability to contain the big 'three' is gonna wear 'em out...

say whuuuuuuuuuuut

la has 5 healthy dudes 6'10" and up, and only gasol needs to worry about staying in the game to contribute on offense

the other four are free to make td's life miserable and rack up fouls in the process

kobe locks down manu

and parker is the most overrated player in the league and maybe the worst finals mvp of all time

plus, like i said, kobe's getting every call; bowen won't get away with his bullshit this series

the fans and the league are done with the spurs

experience?

i'll take the hungry '08 kobe (who has 3 rings, btw) over just about anyone ever

say whuuuuuuuuuuut

la has 5 healthy dudes 6'10" and up, and only gasol needs to worry about staying in the game to contribute on offense

the other four are free to make td's life miserable and rack up fouls in the process

kobe locks down manu

and parker is the most overrated player in the league and maybe the worst finals mvp of all time

plus, like i said, kobe's getting every call; bowen won't get away with his bullshit this series

the fans and the league are done with the spurs

experience?

i'll take the hungry '08 kobe (who has 3 rings, btw) over just about anyone ever

You missed my point. You didn't even address my point remotely.

Who on the LA team is EXPERIENCED in playoff basketball?

Who on the SA team is EXPERIENCED in playoff basketball?

How many players can D on LA in the starting 5? You've seen what SA has done time n' time again. You close down Timmy then Manu/TP go nuts. Close down the guards then Timmy goes nuts. Close down all three (doesn't actually happen, it's usually that two are having an off night on the same night) and then the DEEP bench acts as the 4th scoring threat. It's disgusting.

Utah in my books had the BEST team to D up against SA (in the West).

D is what will beat SA. D. If it was the offense then the Suns woulda creamed them last year...

SO barring injury I do think the EAST will win it this year.

And SA is the team I DESPISE the MOST in the L. THE MOST.

Guest ManOfSteel555

i'm a laker's fan, but the spurs will probably win this series, as the lakers (like new orleans) lack playoff experience.

only ppl that have been there off the top of my head are kobe and d fish. it all comes down to the lakers bench, that's their advantage in this series and they need to step it up. but you live by the three, you die by the three...

as for the east, i think detroit will take it. the celtics have not looked good, cleveland series shouldn't have been that close.

the thought of a detroit/SA final makes me sick...after such an entertaining season too.

Who on the LA team is EXPERIENCED in playoff basketball?

as the lakers (like new orleans) lack playoff experience.

i don't dispute that sa has more experience and plays better d

i just don't agree that that will be the difference here

sometimes it is, but sometimes it's the time that has the best guy who has the edge, and kobe is killing dudes right now

also, like i said, i think the fans and the league are done with the spurs, and the officiating will reflect that

a lot of their success depends on how the game is called

the refs basically decided the last two finals (cause phx/sa was the real finals last year)

just a theory

Pistons will win game two in Boston and take the series. The celts can't win a championship without winning on the road...they are eventually going to lose a home game to one now they are playing much better teams. The fact that they were taken to 7 games by the Hawks and the Cavs (both pretty terrible teams) just shows they aren't close to Championship calibur

Pistons will win game two in Boston and take the series. The celts can't win a championship without winning on the road...they are eventually going to lose a home game to one now they are playing much better teams. The fact that they were taken to 7 games by the Hawks and the Cavs (both pretty terrible teams) just shows they aren't close to Championship calibur

Uhh... Did you see last night's game?

Even though the score was pretty close, the Celtics dominated the Pistons.

I wouldn't expect a sweep, but Celtics will win this series.

so the four teams that should of did.

4 teams that I realy am not emotional about.

I got a feeling it's gonna be DET v SA in the finals... and then once again SA to take it. Why? Cuz LA's lack of experience and inability to contain the big 'three' is gonna wear 'em out... and BOS has looked so bad in the last two rounds (14games!!!)... they're scattered and unhinged. Maxiell's gonna eat their babies.

GO KNICKS!

Inability to contain the big three? Didn't they spilt their 4 game regular season series this year?

Lack of experience? Kobe with 3 titles? Fisher with 3 titles and multiple playoff appearances with Utah? Odom's been in the playoffs the last couple years with the Lakers. Gasol practically took the Grizzlies to the playoffs in '04 -'05 and '05-'06. Mbenga played with the Mavericks when they reached the Western Conference Finals in '05-'06. Plus, he was there when they reached the Western semis in '04-'05. Radmanovic went to the playoffs with the Supersonics, the Clippers, and the Lakers.

So, I think they have enough experience, at least among their leaders.

Boston looked bad? Did you see the Pistons game? :P.

This thread is overrun with guys from the LA vicinity. Or at least a bunch of guys who are jumping on the bandwagon.

What? I'm a Bulls fan, but when someone's wrong, I'll correct 'im on it. Regardless if it's my team or not.

Bulls fan, So your trying to knock him because he's a Knick fan right. By the way congrats on the number one pick. Hope you guys don't screw it up again.

Rose> Beasley

I'm not trying to "knock" anybody.

I've seen Rose play in person, so, I'm biased in his favor. To be honest, I would be happy with either player on the Bulls roster.