NBA Basketball

hamham3001

The lakers already won the championship by beating the spurs...

They have beaten much better teams in a much easier fashion throughout the playoffs. I am surprised the Celtics are getting so much credit, they barely beat the fucking Hawks in 7 games, then they just beat 1 player in 7 games, then they beat an old injured group of has beens in 6...Garnett isn't even what he used to be, and Allen has been laughable for 95% of the playoffs.

And Kobe is not in the best player ever. Watch ESPN classic you fucking tool, Michael was twice the player Kobe ever is or is going to be. Oscar Robertson, Chamberlain, Magic, Bird...come on...Kobe played second fiddle to Shaq, and since shaq left he has done shit until they put this team together. What did he do last year when his team was bad??? He sure didn't make it to the finals like Lebron did, with a worse team btw. Kobe was probably the best player this year in the NBA, but I can't see someone playing his position averaging 25 points, 5 boards and under 5 assists a game being the best player ever. He is great in the clutch, he hits ridiculous shots and he has played well this year, I will give him that.

ECR27, should we place a $1.50 gentlemen's bet (to be paid via PayPal) on the outcome of this series? Our boys are back in the finals.

Well, I think a gentleman's bet involves no money, but I'm down.

Is this an outright, winner takes all scenario - no spreads or anything else, right?

Let me check my bank account...

OK - I'll take the C's outright for $1.50!

Well, I think a gentleman's bet involves no money, but I'm down.

Is this an outright, winner takes all scenario - no spreads or anything else, right?

Let me check my bank account...

OK - I'll take the C's outright for $1.50!

Winner takes all, no spreads.

After PayPal finishes its lousy transaction fees, the winner should be left with $1.16 of pure, disgusting profit.

Go Lakers and Mamba!

What's up with the late start times?

I know people out west gotta watch too, but 8:00 seems more reasonable than 9:00.

People gotta work, Stern!

These games are going to be getting over at midnight or later.

Feel bad for you east-coasters. Gotta keep in mind the NBA is all about the money, and if they project the majority of viewers to be from LA more so than Boston, they may want to cater to them.

Thats my guess though, either way, worth staying up at night.

Paul Pierce was on some hero type shit. Lucky for the Celtics Pierce came back because K.G. was struggling in the 4th quarter. Ray Allen had a respectable game with 19 pts.

Kobe did miss a few shots that he usually makes, but I think the Celtics defense had something to do with that. While no one in the league can stop Bryant, Allen did a decent job at contesting his shots and the entire Celtics team did a good job in not letting him get into the paint.

When Pierce went to the locker room I thought, "That's it. This series is over."

When he came back I thought, "We got this."

The Lakers won't beat the Celtics for three reasons:

-They can't out-rebound the Celtics

-They have no answer for KG

-They can't handle the Celts D

The Celtics can live with Kobe scoring 30 on jumpers, but if if it takes him 30 shots to do so (like last night), this series is a wrap.

I'm glad there are 2 off days between games 1 and 2. Hopefully Pierce's knee gets a little better.

I can't believe Boston is the underdog in this series.

I hope the Boston Dr.'s didn't pump Pierce full adrenaline just to finish the game, because Pierce will be screwed the rest of the series.

If the Lakers take the series, it will be because Paul's knee wasn't 100%.

P.S. - I fuckin hate the stupid laker flags on cars!! die flags!

finally got to watch the replay.

Great game.

Ups n downs... you could feel LA taking it for a while and then the Celtics just not taking that shit and really stepping up and just outplaying the Lakers in all aspects. Where were the 3s from LA? I thought they'd be killing the C's with that shit and opening up the inside for Pau/Turiaf and at times Odom.

I too worry about PeePee's kneeknee.

KG's put back was monstrous.

Radmanovic got pwned on that 4pt play by peepee early in the game.

PJ came through with a big game. And hell even Cassell played some decent minutes (first time in 2ys?).

Shaping up to be a real competitive finals.