NBA Basketball

hamham3001

muhfuckas the dirty nig be PIERCE

HIS LEG IS FINE. HE BEEN SPINNIN AND DANCIN AND DRIVIN ANDPIVOTIN AND SHT. when asked he say "o dat testosterone help me now, itll hurt latur". NIGFCK AT LEAST TAKE OFF THE ANKLE THANG. i dont gib a fck whut you think bout kobe and rest of lakers. i dont hate celts at all either.

BUT PIERCE IS ONE PIRU THROWIN 4TH QUARTER BLOWOUTIN ANTIC AZZ NIGuh

ahhah he got carried off the court first half in game one, the came back and played the second half like nothing happened. The celtics have trouble winning away from home, so these next few games should be interesting.... and what was that technical on kobe by the way

The celtics road issues are hype. They had the best road record in the NBA and they just won 2 games in Detriot

I guess when your team can't win you gotta resort to personal attacks on the opposing team's players.

Lakers fans talking a mean game, but your team can't cut it on the court.

Pierce + KG > Kobe + Gasol 8 days a week.

yo man. i harbor no il will towards the celtics. in fact i'm a fan of kg and r.allen. sht im even a fan of power (saw him play in college)

That was just a poorly officiated game all around. If the league has taken care of the Tim Donaghy problem, you certainly wouldn't have known it by watching last night's game.

and speaking of it again:

Donaghy letter to court alleges refs altered games

Jeff Van Gundy ultimately backed off comments that a referee told him that officials had targeted Yao Ming in the Houston Rockets 2005 first-round playoff series against the Dallas Mavericks. Maybe he was right.

A letter sent to the sentencing court on behalf of convicted former referee Tim Donaghy outlines just such a plan. Donaghy's legal team is trying demonstrate his cooperation with a government investigation before he is sentenced on July 14 on felony charges alleging he took cash payoffs from gamblers and bet on games himself.

In other documents filed with the Brooklyn court, Donaghy's lawyers responded to the NBA's claim that he must pay $1 million in restitution to cover the cost of the league's private investigation.

The letter alleging referees altered games mentions only the year 2005, but the circumstances make it apparent that it is referring to the Rockets-Mavs series.

"Team 3 lost the first two games in the series and Team 3's Owner complained to NBA officials," the letter says. "Team 3's Owner alleged that referees were letting a Team 4 player get away with illegal screens. NBA Executive Y told Referee Supervisor Z that the referees for that game were to enforce the screening rules strictly against that Team 4 player. Referee Supervisor Z informed the referees about his instructions. As an alternate referee for that game, Tim also received these instructions."

Mavs owner Mark Cuban did in fact complain after his team lost the first two games of the series, and Dallas went on to beat Houston in seven games. Van Gundy said that a working referee had told him about the league's plan. Donaghy's letter claims that Supervisor Z contacted the coach. Van Gundy was ultimately fined $100,000.

Looking at box scores from the series, however, the only game in which Yao fouled out was in fact Game 1. He did average 4.4 fouls per game in the series.

The letter also details an incident in the 2002 playoffs in which Donaghy alleges that two referees, who were known as NBA "company men," wanted to extend a series to seven games. "Team 5" could have wrapped up the series in Game 6 but lost two players to ejection, lost that game and ultimately the series.

It is not clear which series this account refers to.

Donaghy also alleges that team executives conspired with the league to prevent star players from being called for too many fouls or being ejected. He claimed that league officials told referees that doing so would "hurt ticket sales and television ratings."

According to the letter, when an official did eject a star player in the first quarter of a game in 2000, he was privately reprimanded.

In addition to game-altering allegations, Donaghy's letter claims that many officialy carry on relationships with team exectutives, coaches and players that violate their NBA contracts.

"Tim described one referee's use of a team's practice facility to exercise and another's frequent tennis matches with a team's coach," the letter states.

The NBA has not commented on Donaghy's allegations. Donaghy's attorney and prosecutors also declined to comment to The Associated Press on Tuesday. Donaghy faces up to 33 months in prison.

maybe?

where were pierce and garnett? ):
lakers defense actually showed up this game.

rondo didnt play enough to make an impact imo

some bad substitution decisions by doc rivers

tell me about it... pierce and garnett had a combined what... 19 pts?

36 by kobe... jeez... i hate that rapist... :mad:

and rondo o man talk about disapointment... but im just glad he wasnt hurt from that spill

and def doc rivers seemed a lil like jackson at boston, kinda just chillin

the game was much closer than i expected tho, i figured the celtics let the lakers get to comfy in game 2 when they almost came back from that 23 point defecit

i just really hope the celtics can win one game in L.A., for sure theyll clinch back at boston

honestly i hate the celtics but i hate the lakers more... plus i gotta support the east know what im sayin

Man, just when I thought Doc had started to figure out his roster management he goes and blows it last night.

What was he thinking?!

Powe had an unbelievable game on Sunday. And while I wasn't expecting him to repeat that performance, Doc should have had him in the game earlier. Powe should have been in there instead of Brown (and I like PJ) early. And then to keep Cassell in the game when he's chucking up ill-advised shots is ridiculous. I don't mind when Cassell is shooting when he gets a good look, but he should be pulled as soon as he starts chucking these contested long-range jumpers early in the shot clock. Why get away from what the Celtics have done well all season long: Ball movement, pick n' rolls, post up KG on the block?

To steal a line from Mark Jackson, "Come on, Doc. You're better than that!" (although perhaps he isn't??)

Hats off to the Lakers though. They played well enough to win. Kobe is a monster. Some of those shots he was hitting were amazing. He was far better last night than he was in games 1 and 2.

Even though the Celts lost last night I still think you can find some good.

The Celts were able to shut down Gasol and Odom again. Basically, last night was a two man show - Kobe and Vujacic. I can live with Kobe scoring 30+. That's going to happen. It's an ineveitability. They played pretty good D on Kobe, with the exception of not helping on some drives and spins. If he's making the shots with the kind of D they played then they're just going to have to live with that.

KG and Pierce were pretty much absent from last night's game. The Lakers might be able to shut them down for a half or maybe even a game, but they are not going to shut them out of the series. They're just too good and the Lakers D isn't that impressive. I expect them to rebound from last night's poor performance and come out strong in Game 4.

As long as the Celtics win 1 of these 3 games in LA I'll be happy. That gives them 2 chance to win it all in Boston.

Man, just when I thought Doc had started to figure out his roster management he goes and blows it last night.

What was he thinking?!

Powe had an unbelievable game on Sunday. And while I wasn't expecting him to repeat that performance, Doc should have had him in the game earlier. Powe should have been in there instead of Brown (and I like PJ) early. And then to keep Cassell in the game when he's chucking up ill-advised shots is ridiculous. I don't mind when Cassell is shooting when he gets a good look, but he should be pulled as soon as he starts chucking these contested long-range jumpers early in the shot clock. Why get away from what the Celtics have done well all season long: Ball movement, pick n' rolls, post up KG on the block?

To steal a line from Mark Jackson, "Come on, Doc. You're better than that!" (although perhaps he isn't??)

Hats off to the Lakers though. They played well enough to win. Kobe is a monster. Some of those shots he was hitting were amazing. He was far better last night than he was in games 1 and 2.

Even though the Celts lost last night I still think you can find some good.

The Celts were able to shut down Gasol and Odom again. Basically, last night was a two man show - Kobe and Vujacic. I can live with Kobe scoring 30+. That's going to happen. It's an ineveitability. They played pretty good D on Kobe, with the exception of not helping on some drives and spins. If he's making the shots with the kind of D they played then they're just going to have to live with that.

KG and Pierce were pretty much absent from last night's game. The Lakers might be able to shut them down for a half or maybe even a game, but they are not going to shut them out of the series. They're just too good and the Lakers D isn't that impressive. I expect them to rebound from last night's poor performance and come out strong in Game 4.

As long as the Celtics win 1 of these 3 games in LA I'll be happy. That gives them 2 chance to win it all in Boston.

true true

i was going crazy watching powe the second game, monster preformance especially in such a big game

i loved that one play he strolled up the court and jammed it, like no one wanted to guard him haha

but def if the celtics can land just one game i think theyre good to go

Guest ManOfSteel555

da machine stepped it up!

black mamba and machine saved the lakers...but lamar and pau are going to have to start playing like men for the lakers to win this.

Pau is scared of KG... I think he's also scared of the fact that "Wow, I'm actually in the finals". The dude is too damn nervous and playing soft.

Exactly... and dude above wants to say that pierce and kg are too "mentally soft" and are gonna be shut out in LA. Are you serious!? Gasol is the one playing soft, and Odom is the very definition of "mentally soft." Pierce and Garnett are both monsters and there's no way they're gonna go out like they did last night--but time will tell who's right on this. Kobe and Booyachick (who looks like he should be hanging in Willaimsburg wearing skinny jeans and Vans) carried the Lakers last night--impressive performances turned in.

But as a Celtics fan, someone please answer this question for me: with the C's rallying late in the 4th quarter and the game on the line, WHY WOULD YOU POSSIBLY NOT DOUBLE TEAM KOBE?! (the answer has something to do with the aptitude of Doc Rivers, no doubt) Great, clutch shot by Kobe and pretty good defense by Ray Allen.

Also, I'm generally not a fan of the Van Gundy--Jackson banter, but it was funny last night when he turned to the camera and was like "What!? I'm Bald!"

Gonna be a good game four, for sure.

My blood is purple & gold, but I've gotta give propers to boston for their defense - yes, Kobe is gonna score his 30+, and last night we were lucky enough to have sasha get unconscious, but the reality is (as manofsteel has stated) if Pau & Lamar don't start to get serious, chances become slim. Thing is, when you factor in the fact the KG & PP both had a shitty game, and the lakes went cold from the stripe, the W last night was a little too close for comfort. Also, can someone tell Doc Rivers to towell off his greazy, oily, shiny ass dome-piece once in a while?

My blood is purple & gold, but I've gotta give propers to boston for their defense - yes, Kobe is gonna score his 30+, and last night we were lucky enough to have sasha get unconscious, but the reality is (as manofsteel has stated) if Pau & Lamar don't start to get serious, chances become slim. Thing is, when you factor in the fact the KG & PP both had a shitty game, and the lakes went cold from the stripe, the W last night was a little too close for comfort. Also, can someone tell Doc Rivers to towell off his greazy, oily, shiny ass dome-piece once in a while?

I'm not tripping. Odom is due for a good game, he will bounce back. Pau is scared and being a pussy, dude is charmin soft and not playing like he was prior to this series. But, he has been sucking it throughout the Finals and we still are getting by. Kobe won't miss freethrows like last night again and we got the next couple at home. We got this.

And fasho, Doc Rivers head has been pissing me off everytime the camera shows him. Enough oil on his head to deep fry chicken.

Odom is due for a good game, he will bounce back.

people bust on him too much, but at the same time there's no guarantee this will happen

agree that pau is being a bitch, but he could still step it up

while we're talking about maybes, you could get by on solid d and occasional timely shots from the bench guys

also, look at it this way: that was an ugly, grind-it-out, d-up kind of game which should have favored boston, and you won

so...

people bust on him too much, but at the same time there's no guarantee this will happen

agree that pau is being a bitch, but he could still step it up

while we're talking about maybes, you could get by on solid d and occasional timely shots from the bench guys

also, look at it this way: that was an ugly, grind-it-out, d-up kind of game which should have favored boston, and you won

so...

Playing solid d and hitting timely shots is asking too much from our bench, I mean they can be great but they're too inconsistent. I'm just counting on Odom to show up next game and the machine is actually pretty reliable in my book. Plus, we got Kobe and he's the best in the game so I'll be optimistic and say we win the next 4. hopefully

I'm not tripping. Odom is due for a good game, he will bounce back. Pau is scared and being a pussy, dude is charmin soft and not playing like he was prior to this series. But, he has been sucking it throughout the Finals and we still are getting by. Kobe won't miss freethrows like last night again and we got the next couple at home. We got this.

And fasho, Doc Rivers head has been pissing me off everytime the camera shows him. Enough oil on his head to deep fry chicken.

v052924A.jpg

Playing solid d and hitting timely shots is asking too much from our bench, I mean they can be great but they're too inconsistent. I'm just counting on Odom to show up next game and the machine is actually pretty reliable in my book. Plus, we got Kobe and he's the best in the game so I'll be optimistic and say we win the next 4. hopefully

Even if LA had Duncan at Center, KG at PF, Chris Paul at point, and Lebron at Small Forward to compliment Kobe, they wouldn't win the next 4. :)

Even if LA had Duncan at Center, KG at PF, Chris Paul at point, and Lebron at Small Forward to compliment Kobe, they wouldn't win the next 4. :)

If we had KG at PF, that means Boston would be starting P.J Brown. :D I'm just trying to keep my hopes up.

I highly doubt that PP and KG are both going to be kept quiet on the offense for the next two games.

SO looking at how last night went down and how actually close the game was - even though it LOOKED like LA was way ahead (something Detroit tends to do) they weren't in control. The whole game it felt like the Celtics to lose and not LA's to win.

You notice once Boston went to the bigs and slowed the game down that they were able to creep back? Shit shoulda started in the 2nd Q.

Doc's his own worst enemy at this point.