NBA Basketball

hamham3001

this is embarrassing for LA. I go to school in Mass. and I am still rooting for the lakers, not based on an kobe-ish but for their second team. Their second team is amazing, especially Vujacic who to me looks like jason schwartzman. fuck paul pierce.

People seemed peeved about my anti-paul pierce sentiments, but like really beyond his basketball playing (debate as you may) what is his facial hair... It bewilders me. Regardless of that though Powe did come off the bench like a champion. Did anyone hear that stuff about him living in a car when he was a kid...

Great game by the Celtics for 40 minutes. They definitely got complacent and were playing the score at the end. They're lucky to have escaped with the W.

Hopefully they can learn from that and make adjustments. The Lakers are a dangerous team if they're making the 3 ball.

The officiating in that game was pretty awful - on both sides. I think the Celtics were getting to the line early because they were actually driving to the hole. But there were a lot of non-calls that could have gone against the Celtics in the first half. Then in the second half, the refs were trying to correct the FT disparity by not calling Laker fouls and making questionable calls against the Celtics down the stretch. Odom clearly went over the back of PJ Brown, and Radmanovic took at least 4 steps on that lay-up.

That was just a poorly officiated game all around. If the league has taken care of the Tim Donaghy problem, you certainly wouldn't have known it by watching last night's game.

The officiating in that game was pretty awful - on both sides. I think the Celtics were getting to the line early because they were actually driving to the hole. But there were a lot of non-calls that could have gone against the Celtics in the first half. Then in the second half, the refs were trying to correct the FT disparity by not calling Laker fouls and making questionable calls against the Celtics down the stretch. Odom clearly went over the back of PJ Brown, and Radmanovic took at least 4 steps on that lay-up.

That was just a poorly officiated game all around. If the league has taken care of the Tim Donaghy problem, you certainly wouldn't have known it by watching last night's game.

agreed, what a mess all-around. but especially the first half (specifically the ticky-tack calls on kobe) fucked the whole game up. extremely frustrating game to watch as a lakers fan. but those european three-steps in the second half put a smile on my face.

agreed, what a mess all-around. but especially the first half (specifically the ticky-tack calls on kobe) fucked the whole game up. extremely frustrating game to watch as a lakers fan. but those european three-steps in the second half put a smile on my face.

I'm not sure which ticky-tack calls on Kobe you're referring to, but I thought all but one were legitimate fouls.

He threw an elbow at Ray Allen, not hard, but an elbow is an elbow and that's a foul. Especially when you do it right in front of a ref. He also charged in Pierce (a clear foul) when chasing Ray Allen through screens. There was one foul called on him that I thought was a bit weak, but that seems to be how they call them these days.

I think you have beef with the lack of fouls called against the C's with regards to Pau Gasol and to a lesser extent Lamar Odom. I felt like there were several times when the C's could have been called on a foul against Gasol, but didn't.

I'm not sure which ticky-tack calls on Kobe you're referring to, but I thought all but one were legitimate fouls.

of course you did :D

but i think game 2 was another good display of how officiating could really throw games around for the better or worse. and why the donaghy thing was such a big deal.

Did anyone else notice they painted the midcourt line through the trophy for game 2.

Probably because there was that backcourt violation called on Gasol (which was a bad call) and KG's save to prevent a violation.

funny nobody even thought of that BEFORE the finals started.

Leon Powe killed it. Kobe still missed a handful of "bunnies" that he normally makes (just like in game 1). Pau had a solid game.

While the officiating wasn't that great, it does not constitute the Lakers not playing defense. You don't get a 20+ lead w/ strictly bad officitating.

I think Boston became too comfortable in the 4th and are extremely lucky they came out with a win. Hopefully that will be a learning experience for them.

I'm excited for game 4. That game is going to be HUGE. I have a feeling game 3 will be a blow out with the lakers on top.

yo i aint bitchin and i dont have sand in my dickhole

but fck pierce take that fcking knee brace off

"it doesnt hurt bc of the adrenaline" fck you shady azz trick

ahhah he got carried off the court first half in game one, the came back and played the second half like nothing happened. The celtics have trouble winning away from home, so these next few games should be interesting.... and what was that technical on kobe by the way