NBA Basketball

hamham3001

Im sorry to say but I just don't think the celtics are that good. I still think Detroit beats the celtics. Ray Allen has been MIA all playoffs and without him the celtics will not beat the pistons.

I mean they're a 1 season team, name a team that goes this far after 1 season playing with eachother.. they are relying on their good players but are getting better in the process . yes i agree also that jesus shuttlesworth isnt doing shit .. one of the best shooters in the game and hes choking real bad.. but who knows .. probably injured and doesnt want to say anything because come on .. like whole playoff series he has been slacking .. and during the season he was hitting 3 pts out the ass

my take, should've been a two-shot foul. (but i could buy the argument that barry didn't sell it.)

but right before that, why didn't the shot clock reset for the lakers on the other end?

^^

cuz they got screwed

shot clock guy was a homer and didn't reset when the ball hit the rim, which apparently none of the refs saw

Its called karma

for all those times ref calls decided spurs victories

troof

Guest ManOfSteel555

yeah let's get this straight. two points:

1. no continuation. how in the world was that continuation? it isn't, it would've been a 2 shot foul.

2. the lakers got screwed over on the previous possession because fisher's shot hit the rim and the shotclock was not reset. if it was reset, then ball goes to kobe, spurs have to foul immediately and game is most likely over.

sloppy play by both teams...poor job by the refs all game...kudos to kobe for guarding manu so well.

We can all agree that there was no foul on a shot attempt because there was none.

From looking at the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKi5Gjxlfjo

Barry pump fakes then fisher jumps for the fake and lands on Barry while Barry dribbles into Fisher.

I dont think its common to call a foul when the offense initiates the contact unless they're Wade, or Lebron.

if you think about it, the no-call at the end negates the sequence where duncan walked from the top of the key to the basket during the second quarter -- and that's assuming barry would have hit the two free throws. in observing the two no-calls, the one involving duncan's late-night stroll should be viewed as the greater offense.

Props to Pop, Barry, and Duncan, all of whom admitted that in a playoff game of that importance, you're not gonna get that call. Was it a foul: yes. did the lakers get ganked on calls all night: yes. did the team who played an all around better game win last night: yes.

Looking at the play over and over again, Fish definitely fouled Barry. I don't think anyone can really question that, BUT the fact that this was a game ending shot plays a key factor in the ref's no call. Barry should have sold the foul to the ref's.

If this was a play that happend in the first quarter, the ref's would have probably called a foul.

P.S. - Manu Ginobli is the most hated player in the NBA.

if you think about it, the no-call at the end negates the sequence where duncan walked from the top of the key to the basket during the second quarter -- and that's assuming barry would have hit the two free throws. in observing the two no-calls, the one involving duncan's late-night stroll should be viewed as the greater offense.

i think the bigger no-call was the shot clock not resetting on the possession before barry's heave

isn't the shot clock dude usually literally on the home team's staff?

anyway, clearly should have been a new clock, which would have put the lakers in control

Lets talk about Celtics and Pistons who you guys think will win the series

in today's game...

boston is going to need some production from their bench if they hope to win. 0 points from their bench at halftime. also, too many turnovers

for detroit, i like their balanced scoring.

i'll give the edge to Detroit in this series because they have a stronger bench

Hey wow Ray Allen is actually playing in this game and doing something productive wwith 24 pts at the start of the 4th quater.. to win the whole thing they NEED him to step up .. great wing man when KG is doubled in the paint or when pierce is doubled when he is driving to the hole kick out to Ray Allen.. easy 3 pts

Yeah Rip got hurt like several times in the game but that last one really got him he didnt even make it across the court. and they showed the replay lol he caused it to himself he was choking ray allen and stuff lol