Ideas for the next SuFu Denim Contest?!

I'd like to be in on the contest this time too. Samurai would be great. So would natural indigo. A good excuse to buy a pair of jeans really.

I don't think it should be too slim a fit because it may put some people off and afterall if you want it sufu tight then you can always size down. Super heavy denim will put some people off so I say that's a non-starter too.

If I manage to get my arse in gear by then and actually get my chain stitching service up and running I'll even offer free chain stitching for UK entrants.

indigo

straight

14-17 oz

samurai or SDA limited edition

word life.

and please include this nOOb.

i enjoyed internet-stalking the last contest, it's time i join in

AND build my collection

I can understand the lighter denim for the warmer climate but It's also nice to have something thicker for the cold climates. Personally while yes my legs do get warm in my Sammies I think they are the ideal weight for year round wear. Here are my suggestions.

15oz denim

Indigo fades better

New cut from last contest. I want something new :D

If Samurai will do it I would like something from them that is unique, I like the sounds of green arcuates or something else superfuture related

I like the straight fit. I wear skinnies sometimes but these are more versatile, and more comfortable. Size down if you want.

All the same denim. The F1 example is flawed as everyone is on the same track. The jeans are the control, lifestyle is the variable.

I will definitely be entering again if the jeans are Samurai. I absolutely love everything about these jeans.

Ive said it before but ill say it again - Why dont somet do the slims in black??? They would be stupidly cool.

back onto topic, i cant help but agree with beatle that there ought to be a gimmick to these jeans, something unique to the contest, whatever it is. If its just going to be a bunch of SDA103's whats the point? I may as well get my own but in my own time, I bet others would think like this, for the sake of getting the numbers up something cool like the last lot needs to be done. E.g. - overdyed sammies? Green Arcurates? More chainstitching? Green tab? New weave or fabric character? New cut?

Obviously some of these are more costly than others.

it is my humble opinion that if Sufu decides to go for Samurai another year, that Samurai should go out of their way to make something special for us!

Don't forget that a contest like this is also a great way to promote jeans to the hardcore denim geek. We get to see everything from presoak fit to a year old faded jeans. Basicly just a year long free ad campaign for them on here.

I wish samurai would so something streaky like the eternal 10th anniversary, but thats cheap (like the eternal 10th), not like their natural indigo pair that was streaky but like $400

I think is samurai could make something like the PBJ XX-006 denim that fades beautifully in their own denim, but like 15oz or something that would be amazing... a looser weave

i personally would prefer the 'special' quality of the jeans to be something about the type of cotton or the cut, rather than some obvious branding / colored stitching / overdye. these latter just make it that much more obvious that you're wearing the same jeans every damn day. or make the coloring on the inside, like patterned pocketbags or unique color selvage.

it is my humble opinion that if Sufu decides to go for Samurai another year, that Samurai should go out of their way to make something special for us!

Don't forget that a contest like this is also a great way to promote jeans to the hardcore denim geek. We get to see everything from presoak fit to a year old faded jeans. Basicly just a year long free ad campaign for them on here.

I don't remember Samurai asking Sufu to organize any kind of contest to promote their brand/denim....correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't either...

I like the idea with the pocket colour on the inside..and selvage pockets...

Rest assured - I carry your wishes to Samurai..

But - as I've said before ...if you guys want to go for another brand - that's fine..

I'm willing to organize Samurai second edition - and mostly because I am absolutely convinced of their product.

I have yet to see a better jeans...

I don't remember Samurai asking Sufu to organize any kind of contest to promote their brand/denim....correct me if I'm wrong.

You are right, Samurai was just chosen as the brand to be used for this denim contest. And they already made the contest jeans "exclusive" in a way.

But fact is that if it's going to be another Sam's contest, that means another 30 pairs sold for Samurai (wich might or might not be alot, this I don't know).

But these jeans will get a lot more attention from what I see as essentially their target group, than 30 pairs of jeans sold to some shop.

Whether or not they asked Sufu to do anything like this is not really important, if it'll be another Samurai contest then it'll be another year of their brand/denim in the picture on Superfuture. That must be worth something to them?

Don't get me wrong, Samurai already seems really open to all suggestion being thrown their way (thanks to Beatle), wich I think is great.

This is all just my opinion ofcourse and when I made that last post I was just thinking out loud.

I don't understand why SuFu is limiting their choices to samurai.

This isn't a samurai contest, it's a denim contest. There are still A lOT of other options available.

Since SuFu is buying 30 pairs (more or less), SuFu should get a reduced price. Let's not forget that a whole store is unlikely to buy 30 pairs of the same jeans, so we are essentially buying at a number that should command close to whole sale price.

If they do not discount the price, SuFu can choose another jean. Remenber who is doing who a favor. We are BUYING jeans and PROMOTING them. They are making money of us and getting free advertisement. We could just as easily do a contest with SDA and have a contest as good or better.

So let's not limit ourselfs.

When it comes to a SuFu x Samurai collab, THEN samurai is doing us a favor. But just because they did the contest last year doesn't mean they have to do it now.

I suggest we contact other small denim companies and see if they are interested in sponsoring the contest.

patches that say LOT# SUFU-07 would be wicked

S5000 (with a bit more rise...? please, just half an inch...)

17oz broken twill (or the 17oz LHT they do the lee models with)

black arcs

different pocket bags

different tab

A pressed patch (they do one for the XJ's... but do it in a different print)

S0130XJ_detail.jpg

but one like the old Oni patch... but with a helmed samurai *could* be ear-bleedingly wicked (or terribly cheesy, I can't decide)

oni.jpg

or branded would be cool too