TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

i got like 3rd row tickets to the 10:30 david cross show that night im kinda bummed about not seeing fever ray, but fuck, david cross

someone told me that she plays knife songs though. would be cool.

nuit blanche is overrated. too many dinks everywhere. arts cool and all but like... ugh

sean, does your brother hang around burlington? I was on the go the other day and noticed someone well-dressed in the sea of disgusting assholes (i think there was some tacky concert going on in toronto that night, because everyone was loud and drunk and trashier than usual). anyway after staring at him trying to figure out who the hell it was, i realized he looked like your brother

1. fever ray is a she not a them, because you were wondering :)

I hope she plays knife songs but the reviews ive read so far say that she doesnt (but she does play every song from the album)

i feel like i should be weaving feathers and shit into my hair for this show. wearing some sort of floor-length silk cowl and a crown.

BUY YOUR TICKETS YOU DINKS, i bought mine in may D:<

sean, does your brother hang around burlington? I was on the go the other day and noticed someone well-dressed in the sea of disgusting assholes (i think there was some tacky concert going on in toronto that night, because everyone was loud and drunk and trashier than usual). anyway after staring at him trying to figure out who the hell it was, i realized he looked like your brother

fuuuuuuuuck i had to take the burlington go the day of the marilyn manson+u2 concert it was the worst

Definitely. I just need to figure out whether I'm seeing them (her?) here or in Montreal.

Os Mutantes are the same night here in Toronto and I want to see both, so I was thinking about going to Pop Montreal and catching them both there on different nights. Would probably miss Nuit Blanche if I did that though. Dilemma.

i might be going to the os mutantes show.

the harder decision is kid koala or yo la tengo and then nuit blanche afterwards.

Can they do a barber-style cut? I went to Blood & Bandages but the dude did kind of a sloppy job. Can anybody recommend a better barber?

There's also an old school barber shop right on bloor, north side, between brunswick and bathurst, I used to go there when I lived in the annex a few years back, I believe the place has been there forever, 2 old dudes working the foot-pump chairs, inside the place looks probably the same is it did 30-40 years ago, cheap, fast, no fuss and all blades from what I remember...... can somebody vouch if its still there?

the milestones (i think) they're talking about is literally like a 10 minute drive from here!

don't actually wanna go to milestones...but if you want to be a good boy and put your car to good use, let's hit up pho dau bo sooooooon. i'll treat you to a salted plum milkshake.

Saw some asian white jeans leather hoodie and lanvin strapped hightops at yonge/bloor station today. Funny, I don't hate the lanvins as much when i see people wearing them as when I see people on here talking about them.

ya thats prolly just a honger

my clothes are too boring, cant compete with the crazy ballin fobs at york