TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

holt renfrew last call, it's in vaughan mills. the men's section is, as usual, way smaller than the women's, but last time I was there they had some pretty cool stuff for guys (like a grey dior trench). serious discounts

Anyone been to last call recently?

Last time I was there was about a month ago, want to know if new mens stock has arrived, sadly the odd time that I get an answer on the phone the SA's are no help anyway, they just say "oh we get stuff all the time"

btw- I'm looking for boots, pants and jackets.

yeah those guys are extremely unorganized.

they don't even know where their brands are located.

"excuse me, where are your cdg, comme des garcon items?"

"it's... over there." *points*

can't blame them though, they get a shit load of "leftovers" from all the HR's,

hence the name Last Call

OH I went there once with a girl....I wanted to kill myself. It was like wal-mart but with more asians with nicer hand bags.

If you go to vaughn hills mall you should just go to that nascar thing and ride the track.....shit is way to fun.

Anywho...I want to say i went to gio rana's really really nice italian restaurant and it was amazing. Best I-TY food i've had in the city.

goin to toronto for the first time. Anyone got any ideas of what I should do as far as bars go, I have done most of my research on the shopping but have no clue what areas to chill in at nite.

Lookin for that crowd who is in between hipsterish and the high end fashionistas???

YO want to hang out with high end fashinoista's?

the toronto girl thinks acne and dior are the gold standard. Diesel is still worth its weight, mang. Believe me you dont want That type of girl...unless your young and brash.

go to a fucking pumpkin patch, the dames are much nicer..

moon dog, you're right, I dont want that type of chick. Probably more into indie type fashion, like the type of chick who goes to a toronto art school or some shit. thanks for the suggestions yall.

Also looking for a hotel right in the area of all of the more indie areas of town, so I will look into queen west and ossington I guess thanks.

Anymore suggestions??

moon dog, you're right, I dont want that type of chick. Probably more into indie type fashion, like the type of chick who goes to a toronto art school or some shit.

Yo good call dude, you don't want to base who you hang out with on stuff like personality, temperament, intelligence, bullshit things like that. Way smarter to go with what you hear on the internet about what Toronto beezys are wearing.

In other words, what skiniks said.

your right, I should have asked where to hang out to find women with a quirky sanguine disposition, but on occasion also share a phlegmatic personality such as mine, whose intellect breaches worldly realms and who enjoys reading, bicycling, fashion, and the sciences. That probably would have gotten me more responses.

this really suggests that you raped a thesaurus for the rest of your little rant.

hey! punctuation and diction don't always share a synapse.

go easy on him he,s out here tryna set pussy appointments.....i dig

Can't believe I just found this thread!

If anyone is interested there's the 70% event at TNT Concept. Checked it out the other day and they've got some nice Kato Flannels, KMW's, Jean Shop's, Margiela Cardigans and T's, Some CDG and a whack of other stuff. Still not cheap but not astronomical like the regular prices.

Also anyone tried Poutinis in parkdale? Want to know if it's worth a try.

@lak; I don't think they do slices... it's more of a sit down type place. Also they have pretty weird hours if I remember correctly. I would give em a call to make sure thet're open and order a pizza to take out. The carmelized onion and house made sausage pizza is money. Also the traditional ones are unbelievable.

Those poutine trucks are pretty great as are the ones on U of T campus. Definitely the best I've found in Toronto so far I tried Smokes Poutinerie after the bar the other week and it was ok... I feel like all the toppings saved it but at the same time made it less of poutine.

real talk best poutine is the fries truck on queen w, just past yonge, the blue one farthest east lined up in front of city hall

I'm always getting the poutine Lakeview in the early morning drunken hours. It's not even that good, yet I continue to get it. I'm an idiot.

so did syds upstairs open yet?

heh.

Libretto is definitely worth the trip, and it's a short walk from J+O anyways. Went on a Tuesday and had a 40min wait for a table though.

Decent discount at Nomad? More than what they've already knocked off? Talk to Zeb, he's always good.

Finally back on a PC. Have to DJ tomorrow, and I've never done it before. This should be interesting.

It's a beach day out there today!!!

Yeah the wait at Libretto can be a bit of a bitch... last time I went I got there and hour before I wanted to eat, gave the hostess my # and went across the street for a pint.... worked out nicely. It's funny because once you actually get a table, you are eating within 5 minutes.