Tattoos

Yeah, I'm pale. It's bad. It's my upper arm, btw.

And it's a little cliche, the sun thing, but I've been always interested in Aztec-Mayan culture. I found the image in a book on Aztecs; it's a stone carving of the sun.

I considered getting a Mayan hieroglyph but they're a little cartoony-looking, so I decided against it.

I'm pretty happy with it overall.

photo7ws5.jpg

im not sure how to approach going to a tat shop.

I know that I want a half sleeve of a Buffalo (focal point of tattoo), and a few horses in the background in a North American prairie type of back drop....how should I go about giving that idea to a artist? should I bring pictures??

I dont really have the way it should look in my head...I just know i want those incorporated in the tat some way.

Or would it be good enough to give the artist my ideas and see what he comes up with?

im not sure how to approach going to a tat shop.

I know that I want a half sleeve of a Buffalo (focal point of tattoo), and a few horses in the background in a North American prairie type of back drop....how should I go about giving that idea to a artist? should I bring pictures??

I dont really have the way it should look in my head...I just know i want those incorporated in the tat some way.

Or would it be good enough to give the artist my ideas and see what he comes up with?

bring whatever visual references that you have and then thoroughly explain what you'd like the actual tattoo to look like to the artist. they will make some sketches as ideas, then from there you confirm or disconfirm if it's what you were looking for. if it's not, they will keep modifying the sketch from there until it's what you had in mind. don't feel worried, because the artist will keep working with you until it's what you envisioned. (:

What's everyone opinion on this for a tattoo idea?

I really don't see it too often and I want it get it just like that on back of my leg.

I wouldn't get all the stars done, you'd look like you have a rash or something at first glance. If I wanted to get a constellation tattoo I'd get the stars of the constellation, with the constellation done over it in that classical style you see all the time.. like this.

http://www.novaspace.com/ORIG/Tucc/Orion.jpeg

Anyone go to Macdougal Tattoo in NY? Thinking about getting work done there, hear the wait can be pretty serious though.

i hope you dont meean all those stars...

do you just want those points on your leg?

i was thinking a zodiac picture with those points drawn on would have a better look to it.

relmandala-sternzeichen-kreis-der-astrologie.JPG

I wouldn't get all the stars done, you'd look like you have a rash or something at first glance. If I wanted to get a constellation tattoo I'd get the stars of the constellation, with the constellation done over it in that classical style you see all the time.. like this.

http://www.novaspace.com/ORIG/Tucc/Orion.jpeg

No, I don't mean that entire field of stars, I mean just the outline. I like the simplicity of the outline of the constellation, it reminds me of old star charts. I also like that zodiac tattoo, but maybe just the symbols around the circle would be cool. I don't like the way that the Gemini looks totally bad.

i was thinking of getting something inspired by the last picture/scene of the giving tree, where the old man is sitting on the stump. it would be right on my calf, perhaps instead of the old man, it could be me on there? or would it not be too great of an idea to have a tattoo of yourself on yourself? either way that scene just reminds me of how in the end, your family-in this case my mother, will always be there