Glasses for looks

bm1117

What the hell is wrong with wearing glasses? I don't really need to, but I do have some slight astigmatism so I do. And they look awesome. And you can get lenses without a prescription (since, you know, that's how they're all made before they hit the lab). What I really don't understand: contacts. I feel sorry for people that think putting plastic on their cornea is a better idea than wearing a pair of frames that could actually improve your aesthetic.

What I really don't understand: contacts. I feel sorry for people that think putting plastic on their cornea is a better idea than wearing a pair of frames that could actually improve your aesthetic.

well... not all sunglasses can be prescribed... so in order to rock them... gotta put on them contacts...

SO I'm thinking of getting some clear lenses made for my stussy sunglasses. just for wearing at night or whatever, not to block the sun.

is this expensive? and how hard is it to swap the frames if i wanna use em for sunbaking?

fuck phony glasses....you would look so hot wearing an eye patch...and a singlet

I wonder if half these people who say it's retarded to wear frames when you dont need them are really as square as they claim to be. Anyone familiar with this site will know that there are far more outrageous lengths people will go to in the name of fashion. I dont think non-prescription frames are that trivial -- it's not like a belt or a watch, it's an item that sits on the face, something that gets looked at constantly. Frames can really change the way you look. At work, because I get there so early and my eyes have barely woken up, I dont like to wear my contacts so I wear frames. The few times that I wear my contacts, my colleagues don't even recognize me. Vice versa with my friends because later in the day at the gym etc. I wear contacts and they can't recognize me in frames. So go ahead and get non prescription frames if you're interested in altering your look. The results can be significant enough to justify such a frivolous act. Just tell anyone rude enough to rip them off your face that they're a very light prescription for reading.

i have been forbidden to use my contacts for a while as i am curing a corneal infection.. i FUCKING HATE having to use glasses, i look like a librarian. even though the frames are nice i hate hate hate having to use them so much. fuck bad eyesight. (end rant)

- how did you get the infection?

i take horrible care of my contacts:p

i got it because of excessive contact wearing... the doc explained it to me but basically my cornea was scratched and it's really dangerous if the scrape gets infected. it wasn't actually infected but i had to stop using contacts and start using antibiotic eye drops to prevent anything. he told me that when I start using contacts again i should use them as less as possible (i used them ALL day).

i got it because of excessive contact wearing... the doc explained it to me but basically my cornea was scratched and it's really dangerous if the scrape gets infected. it wasn't actually infected but i had to stop using contacts and start using antibiotic eye drops to prevent anything. he told me that when I start using contacts again i should use them as less as possible (i used them ALL day).

it happens more often than not, especially if you wear them ALL DAY AND NIGHT. I haven't worn contacts regularly in years, but both my brother and i had stye's (sic?) in our eyes due to excessive contact use. kind of a double edge sword. might need to consider lasik.

• 3 months later...

Glasses aint that cool when you have such bad vision that they magnify your eyes. I have them. I'll wear them when I'm trying for a nerdy look but besides thats glasses can only look good if your vision isn't so bad that your eyes will look twice as big.

I think it's a bit overdone now... I personally have a thing for geeky guys... I mean the real one... who wear prescription glasses, skinny, langky and a bit awkward... so it's a pet peeve of mine to see men wear fake reading glasses especially since too many pretentious guys nowadays wearing them

I have a prescription for glasses, I need them for distance.

I used to wear my glasses all the time in high school, cause I could never see the board. But since I don't do any work in college, I haven't worn them much the past couple of years.

I might pick up a new pair of frames if I find something that looks good on me. I've found some on the net that I like, but I really don't want to buy anything without trying them on first.

this happened to me too

I like my frames I have now alright, but I need to pick up another pair just for diversity.

*edit -- post 420 WHEEEEEE!!!!!1

it happens more often than not, especially if you wear them ALL DAY AND NIGHT. I haven't worn contacts regularly in years, but both my brother and i had stye's (sic?) in our eyes due to excessive contact use. kind of a double edge sword. might need to consider lasik.

um wow, i didn't know that. I've been wearing glasses 17 hours a day EVERY day for like 3 years. I guess I gotta start wearing glasses again.