Glasses for looks

bm1117

Hey everybody question for you. Is it weird that I want some glasses even though I don't have to wear them. Any ideas on what I should do or how to get them. A website maybe or should I just go to a store that sells glasses and see if they will make a pair with clear glass. Thanks.

But then you feel like uber goof when the person you are with asks to "check out your prescription" and grabs your glasses of your head to look at them.

the only people who would grab them off my head are people who already know they're not prescription...i like glasses. they can completely change an outfit for the better.

i think a quality pair of eyeglasses can be very fashionable and add to a look.

with that being said i dont think those with poor vision should be "rewarded" and those with perfect vision should be restricted from wearing them.

if i had the funds i think i would get some frames with non prescription lenses to wear casually or with certain looks.

i dont think doing this would be accepted by everyone, but i just look at it as another accessory....with the right shape and style, glasses can accentuate one's face and be much more effective accessory than a necklace or watch

i have been forbidden to use my contacts for a while as i am curing a corneal infection.. i FUCKING HATE having to use glasses, i look like a librarian. even though the frames are nice i hate hate hate having to use them so much. fuck bad eyesight. (end rant)

i think a quality pair of eyeglasses can be very fashionable and add to a look.

with that being said i dont think those with poor vision should be "rewarded" and those with perfect vision should be restricted from wearing them.

if i had the funds i think i would get some frames with non prescription lenses to wear casually or with certain looks.

i dont think doing this would be accepted by everyone, but i just look at it as another accessory....with the right shape and style, glasses can accentuate one's face and be much more effective accessory than a necklace or watch

exactly.

p.s who said anything about bulky frames? not me. sleek please.

I believe that people used to wear glasses "just for looks" in the 80's. Particularly, New York Kids, and in particular Cazal (607's) or whatever. I believe they are "just for looks" because they still have the dispay Cazal-etched glass lenses.

a0007384_0162743.jpg

I guess there's two of these threads..

Hah! I don't deserve to be "rewarded." Shit. If I lost my glasses or a contact in say a fight I'd be down for the count. If they fell off while riding mah whip I'd be fucked. It's compensation for being helpless without them.

Unrelated: I gave up contacts a long time ago because I love my frames so much.