coffee anyone?

xcoldricex

spilling arabic/turkish coffee on self is considered good luck.

its too strong for me tho and wayyyy bitter.

but had 2 cups of reg coffee today, gna live on it for this week tho.

make me one too please.

black

no sugar

thanks

well... i did and now its sitting there cold... i duno what you want me to do now? reheat it and wait??

ps. my method is as follows - pour the ground beans in the press, pour enough water in to cover up the beans and maybe 1cm more, then stir it until a nice foam forms, then pour the rest of the water in. after 30 seconds, plunge maybe 2-3cm down and wait. depending on the roast i might plunge and serve from 2:45 to 3:45. and thats my cup of coffee!

i have to disagree with brewing your own is lower class...for me, personally, its the only way i can get a strong cup of coffee

since places like starbucks brew weak ass coffee

i, too, disagree versus toto. is a man not entitled to the drip of his own bean?

Had a light roast Jamaican cup at a place in Santa Monica called Funnel Mill rare tea and coffee. It was pretty damn epic. Super fruity and complex. They brew their coffee in this crazy way where they vacuum it through a syphon with a microfilter and it only gets the best aspects of the beanz, aparently.

I used that process to remove benzoic acid crystals from a solution in my organic chemistry class, haha.

n30901258_30626762_5268029.jpg

Any of you on that Turkish coffee tip?

yo my old roomate was turkish i learned to make a good cup from him. theres an eastern euro market out on atherton where we can get it. hit me up this weekend, we can make turkish coffee over a fire in the forest. were having a weekendlong festival in the woods.

Had a light roast Jamaican cup at a place in Santa Monica called Funnel Mill rare tea and coffee. It was pretty damn epic. Super fruity and complex. They brew their coffee in this crazy way where they vacuum it through a syphon with a microfilter and it only gets the best aspects of the beanz, aparently.

I used that process to remove benzoic acid crystals from a solution in my organic chemistry class, haha.

n30901258_30626762_5268029.jpg

That sounds awesome.

when i was at art school people kept breaking the presses so we ended up just brewing the coffee in our cups and sieving it through our teeth, cowboy styles, our tutors used to come and have coffee with us and asked if it was the new hip way of drinking

sorry lorry

Unfortunately I don't have a press anymore. When I visit my dad we make drip coffee.

I need a new press.

Went back today. Branched out and tried a latte this time, and my friend got the cappuccino again. I will be going back to the regular coffee tomorrow, it was just too good.

They bring this all on a silver platter and set it up for you. There is no tip jar.

n30901258_30627123_7702644.jpg

Does that place use those fancy clover machines?

My regular place (cafe grumpy, nyc shoutouts yaaaallllllll) uses em. Loves how they taste. Definitely different than drip/stove/etc. coffee. More pure tasting if that makes sense. Brew is usually more clear even if it's black, but not exactly watered down. Really amazing stuff. It definitely pulls the flavor through like nothing else.

edit: also, that's a huge latte/cappucino