coffee anyone?

xcoldricex

Its the best grinder out there. They have almost no problems and the grinding quality is amazing. I came across the Mazzer Mini when i was looking to buy a grinder of my own (unfortunately I don't have the money for it :/).

wouldn't say best, but certainly up there with the rest. Certainly one of those I considered but didn't go with because the Iberital is a better option in the UK.

Have you tried it through a chemex or as espresso?

The ultimate test- try it in a Clover

clover-coffee-maker.jpg

Although, Starbucks now owns the company, so fuck them. The independent shop near me (which I have yet to profile on this thread) uses one, and they were telling me a funny story about how all the Starbucks regional managers came in to 'learn about how it works'. The shop owner's response was "we'll sell you a cup of coffee from it, but otherwise, fuck off." :D He also told me a story about how Starbucks is opening up coffee shops that look independent near a Starbucks to trick people who want to buy independent into buying from Starbucks.

Assholes.

delicious, although the interior feels like a electronics store so not inclined to sit long. have to stop by abraço sometime this week...

Just went there last week - very enjoyable. Small spot, so don't expect to spend much time there (standing room only).

i've tried three different beans from the roasting plant and wasn't a huge fan of any of them. i stopped by the new blue bottle in wburg yesterday, which is now apparently a ride i will have to do once a week.

to the point of starbucks, i can see why people hate them but they raised the bar of your average cup of coffee by an order of magnitude across 99.9% of this country.

to the point of starbucks, i can see why people hate them but they raised the bar of your average cup of coffee by an order of magnitude across 99.9% of this country.

I don't know if I agree with this as I think their coffee kinda sucks. There is a diner in town that has better coffee than the local Starbucks.

I don't know if I agree with this as I think their coffee kinda sucks. There is a diner in town that has better coffee than the local Starbucks.

^what he said. It sure beats the local gas station coffee though.

Anyone take advantage of the free Dunkin coffees this month on Mondays? Not chill local coffee shop goodness, but it's something.

well, exactly. the mediocrity of starbucks made the previously mediocre look terrible. or, if you like - they turned this level into previous level without being next level

Yeah it's all relative. But I'm glad they came out with the new trenta, now I can pee my pants/get more of a caffeine high in one container!

Still enjoy a bit of sbux though, no lies.

an intelligentsia espresso a day, last two days so far, quality and enjoyable but not remarkable?

where are they from?

they're from chicago but have a nationwide presence... my buddy from chicago was telling me he went to a place on the east coast that was supposed to be the best coffee in town and it used intelligentsia beans.

chicagoans are always full of stories like that.

Just picked this up at my local gourmet coffee roaster. The blurb says it is a blend of beans from Africa and the Americas, recommended for those looking for a change from their preferred Campos blend. Hahaha...

Pretty damn tasty coffee though! Just had 3 strong cups.

img2981m.jpg

^Nah... no grinder.

I know how you coffee purists are about fresh grinding, but I have vacuum-sealed bags to store coffee in. I go through a bag that size in less than a week, so it's not like the coffee loses much of its character.

I honestly couldn't be bothered to grind fresh just to make plunger coffee that always tastes inferior to the espresso, ristretto, or machiato, made by a barista, that I usually dirnk.

• 1 month later...
Intelligentsia Coffee anyone?

just had a trad cap made with Black Cat espresso at Wicked cafe the other day. Coffee was on, it tasted amazing....not AS good as the special reserve they've got at JJ Bean, but pretty damn good none the less.

i'm not sure. i'm not much of a coffee enthusiast, but i had this at Sugar Rush Cafe in Walnut, California. and it seriously changed the way i view coffee. i used to think Trung Nguyen coffee was good.

gourmet-blend300.jpg

i actually really like trung nguyen. I had it in vietnam last summer and man, they brew it really fucking strong.