coffee anyone?

xcoldricex

• 2 weeks later...
I'll say sorry in advance for stupidity..

I've been wanting to get a French press for a while now to make a few cups in the morning. How is the quality on bodum? Theres a press for sale on gilt right now, is it worth buying?

with regards to the quality of the cup you get out of a french press, while the flavor profile will be on point (assuming you grind properly, promptly and use the proper dose) you still wind up with a mouthful of sediment at the bottom of each cup. If you want a cleaner cup, get an aeropress.

I bought a burr coffee grinder. Used it once. Moral of the story. Spend more than $26.30 on a burr grinder.

Burr grinders can be expensive but you CAN get a decent one for very cheap.

Personally i think the Breville version is great and is built well, especially for the price. Anything higher in cost and you might as well spring for a mini mazzer.

The Breville:

http://www.amazon.com/Breville-BCG450XL-Conical-Burr-Grinder/dp/B000MDHH0Q

• 2 weeks later...

Extensive testing has the virtuoso beating the maestro in every measurable, both in terms of consistency, and also results in the cup. I recently picked up a virtuoso for home use, and have been ecstatic with it. Plus, the customer service from Baratza is tops. There's not another grinder in the price range that comes close for brewed coffee.

Mazzer mini is designed specifically for grinding for espresso, though you can definitely use it to grind for french press. That said, there are grinders on the parket that I like better for brewed coffee (virtuoso, vario, mahlkonig pro m), and the vario is also good for espresso, if not as robustly built as the mazzer.