what are you eating today?

soepom

those little Heinz bottles are too expensive for a fast food restaurant to serve. If I was serving $10+ burgers, I'd give them out, but I bet they cost nearly a quarter a piece, as opposed to the thousand for a dollar plastic packets.

Too hot to eat here. Haven't had any idea what I've wanted to eat for like the past 2 weeks. :(

those little Heinz bottles are too expensive for a fast food restaurant to serve. If I was serving $10+ burgers, I'd give them out, but I bet they cost nearly a quarter a piece, as opposed to the thousand for a dollar plastic packets.

You'd be surprised how much those packets actually cost. Pretty expensive for what they are. 5-8 cents per pack---which doesnt seem like a lot, but, given the opportunity, people will grab gobs of those things. Like a couple handfuls for a single medium fry.

I'm guessing those mini bottles are closer to $2 a pop.

Adjusting to work. Having a job and SuFu apparently don't mix very well (for now at least).

A couple weeks ago, me and a couple friends had the chance to spend most of the day in Little Tokyo. Afloat on space cookies, the glare of the afternoon sun receding into blues as the day went on. I don't think I could have any happier that day. Reason/s being..

Kirin Strawberry Yogurt (was torn between this and Calpis soda).

4825612031_b3ae9fa645_b.jpg

Takoyakis, fresh off the grill (or whatever it is that you call it).

4825612285_32e1562fcd_b.jpg

4825612703_608d6bc253_b.jpg

Okonomiyaki. Toppings today, Egg, Bacon, Pork, and Welsh Onion.

4826222136_2661622a10_b.jpg

4825613011_73ef2e2b49_b.jpg

Here's something more sporadic. Still from weeks ago, here was a late, late night snack.

Siopao, or steamed bun (whatever you call it from where you come from). Left the somewhat essential hot sauce in the freezer, making for a sort of spicy popsicle number. Needless to say, my attempt at some sort of temperate (pseudo food gastro) contrast failed miserably.

4825615179_f7a2b81cd4_b.jpg

4826222296_d5bd251163_b.jpg

On the now monthly trip out of town with the lady, I forgot to bring the camera on the dinner before so.. all I've to show for the great weekend of eats was some tidbits of our post lunch, lunch. In the search for something crispy.. Chicken Skin and Chicharon Bulaklak (Pork Flower Crackling? It's the pigs large intenstine methinks).

4826223194_674c361018_b.jpg

4825613807_448ff51a6c_b.jpg

Back in town for something less fussy, Curry Beef Pepper Rice from Pepper Lunch. Probably the ideal comfort food for such a rice-o-philic culture. The acoustics on this and on the two dishes above are amazing. Some sizzle to match the snap I figure.

4825614491_76c4042db0_b.jpg

4825614905_c0c6978e01_b.jpg

I did the chef's tasting menu at Mas last week. I don't really fuck with cameras in higher-end establishments, so sadly I don't have any pics. However it was single handedly the best meal I've ever eaten. Pretty underrated in the modern NYC dining landscape of celebrity chef centric draw.

What really closed the deal was the waiter asking each diner's food preferences before the meal, which the chef used as a guideline to create a unique 6-course meal for each person. Very farm-to-the-table ethos, a la Blue Hill. Highly recommended.