favorite airlines

Gabriel

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't fly much but I agree that (almost) all NA airlines suck. I think they are using the same planes I flew in 15 years ago. Back then, it was actually nice. I am not if that's because I was younger an enamored with flying or the planes were new?

Anyway, Lufthansa is nice.

Also, I recently flew on a new Virgin America plane and it was really cool!

Emirates, fantastic but you get what you pay for, KLM you actually get a lot more than what you pay for, great Staff as well..Singapore's up there + it set the benchmark in making economy passengers flight actually enjoyable by bringing in the personal entertainment system..instead of the one screen 20 seat rows in front of you playing "Operation Dumbo Drop"

BA and Qantas are up there, Qantas staff can occasionally be bitches or get caught smiling into your eyes a little to long after they pour you your rum and coke (Stewards or Stewardesses (not sure if you heard about that story ) I'm not bias) But they did have Australian celebrity chef, Neil Perry work over their menu recently..

But yea theres quite a choice

Emirates is my number 1 choice now. I was treated like some grandaddy sheik during my Dubai trip.

I tried Silkair (subsidiary of SIA) and was quite impressed. Never experienced SIA but if their 2nd-rate staff can cut it, will expect better from the higher tier.

I haven't messed around with any high class flights to Europe or Asia, but the best experience I've ever had was with LAN Chile. Free drinks, nice planes (seats were small though).

As for domestic american carriers, I personally prefer Alaska Airlines. They frustrate me least.

I also like the deals I've scored on Virgin. I went LAX to Heathrow round trip for 530 with 6 days notice. The plane was haggard though.

I hate the following Airlines: American, Iberia, United, Southwest

i'd like to fly emirates.

singapore has always been good. cant go wrong with free cognac and vintage super mario.

what are cathay (malasian based right?) and JAL like??

Cathay is Hong Kong. Malaysia has Malaysian Airlines, which is right up there with SIngapore Air in my experience. Even the crew was better looking last time I flew MAS, but maybe I was just lucky. I'd say MAS is underrated.