new common projects ss07

Guest jmatsu

Most of my shoes are 9 and i have a 41 and 42 in CPs - I don't know what that converts to, but the 42 fits well and the 41 is a bit snug.

Also a suggestion - don't buy expensive white canvas shoes. Mine are so dirty I barley ever wear them. CPs look better crisp

thank you.

9 usually equals 42 and 41 are snug on you. so this implies that they run true to size (at least for smaller cp).

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bags!

At Blackbird we also received dark grey suede lows. The color is amaaaaazing! The suede part is a super dark charcoal while the sole and laces are a lighter shade of grey. It seriously looks beautiful. I really want to buy a pair but it's just too similar to my black suede mids to justify... I keep trying to take pictures of them but I just can't get the colors right.

thank you.

9 usually equals 42 and 41 are snug on you. so this implies that they run true to size (at least for smaller cp).

Shoe sizing in general is pretty whack since all brands run a little bit different, but I believe that a US9 is usually closer to a 43 (just check with chucks, Adidas, Nike or any other brand that has all the sizes listed in the shoe). I'm a 45-US11 in chucks, and a 46 2/3-US12 in Adidas, and take a 44 in CP. They run a size bigger than chucks and two sizes bigger than Adidas, at least in this big size bracket.

They're not THAT expensive.. 350 CAN for the grey mids is what I paid and it was worth it. I'm going to pick up a black pair this spring..

hmmmmm....350 CDN...is not expensive....whoa you must be from Rosedale, or Richmond Hill or something...I'm not so sure about these shoes, although they are made of nice materials....that's apretty hefty price tag for some sneakers, it's not like they're visvims or anything...IMHO, these shoes look like vans/keds etc, but I bet they'd look sharp in a business casual situation. I like the slip on ones best

They're not THAT expensive.. 350 CAN for the grey mids is what I paid and it was worth it. I'm going to pick up a black pair this spring..
i usually wear size 9.5-10 in most other brands... but when i tried on the size 43 in CP lows, it fit long and roomy, more like a 10.5 or 11.

Sizing is always tricky, but for me 43 is a 9.5 US...I guess the look of the shoe and the "mode" of the moment dictate the sizing compliance....do these shoes fit narrow?

I love the movie fallen Angels...it's my favourite...the reason why I moved to Hong Kong!

hmmmmm....350 CDN...is not expensive....whoa you must be from Rosedale, or Richmond Hill or something...I'm not so sure about these shoes, although they are made of nice materials....that's apretty hefty price tag for some sneakers, it's not like they're visvims or anything...IMHO, these shoes look like vans/keds etc, but I bet they'd look sharp in a business casual situation. I like the slip on ones best

and what does Visvim offer over CP that they can charge that price?!

don't get me wrong i own both brands, love them both as well. yes both are comfortable, if thats how you justify the price tag. qualiy are both good. um.......yeah so what does Visvim have over CP that they can charge that price i know you are just throwing a name out there but im curiouse. a lot of visvim models can be said they are just converse, clarks, etc etc.

Can anybody school me on why these shoes go for much it? Is it for the name? Are they really comfortable? I don't mind paying ike 280 for Visvim b/c I find them really comfortable.

most shit has to cost less then 20% of the retail price to manufacture in order for everyone to make money.

i bought mine at retail and only cringed once.

and what does Visvim offer over CP that they can charge that price?!

don't get me wrong i own both brands, love them both as well. yes both are comfortable, if thats how you justify the price tag. qualiy are both good. um.......yeah so what does Visvim have over CP that they can charge that price i know you are just throwing a name out there but im curiouse. a lot of visvim models can be said they are just converse, clarks, etc etc.

Oh i agree whole heartedly on your last staement, but take for example the Polk lo, coming from a manufacturing point of view the differences are quite apparent,

outsole, visvim: injected eva and rubber custom sole

outsole, CP: rubber existing molds

Interiors, Visvim: leather with special harnesses and technological materials

Interiors, CP: Leather..no tech.

it might not be a fair comparison as say the Polke is definitely not in the same class of shoe as most of CP products...if comparing Visvims "Converse style" shoes to CP "Converse style" shoes i would say that CP has got visvim on both quality and value for money...I don't like any of the visvim "basic" shoe types I like the high-tech constructed ones, but over all, as a range, I just don't believe that people should pay a huge premium for something that they are supposed to get anyway...quality should be a given...not a luxury.

most shit has to cost less then 20% of the retail price to manufacture in order for everyone to make money.

Damn straight, but I still think these are a litle high, the main issue is probably where it's manufactured: italy, and i would'nt exactly say that these are complex designs...so i stand by the issue that these are a little pricey, but hey: they have to add in their "branding" and marketing strategy too....if those shoes were 95 USD...would you really believe that they're a quality shoe...would you feel "special" or exclusive...would high-end shops stock it...I doubt it...

Oh i agree whole heartedly on your last staement, but take for example the Polk lo, coming from a manufacturing point of view the differences are quite apparent,

outsole, visvim: injected eva and rubber custom sole

outsole, CP: rubber existing molds

Interiors, Visvim: leather with special harnesses and technological materials

Interiors, CP: Leather..no tech.

it might not be a fair comparison as say the Polke is definitely not in the same class of shoe as most of CP products...if comparing Visvims "Converse style" shoes to CP "Converse style" shoes i would say that CP has got visvim on both quality and value for money...I don't like any of the visvim "basic" shoe types I like the high-tech constructed ones, but over all, as a range, I just don't believe that people should pay a huge premium for something that they are supposed to get anyway...quality should be a given...not a luxury.

point taken and pretty fair.

again consider this, comparing these with their molds counterpart these are a lot cheaper than them. i'm not sure if they come from the same factory or anything liek that but a lot of high end shit uses that mold as well. i.e. Neil Barrett, Rafs?, and others along this line.

point taken and pretty fair.

again consider this, comparing these with their molds counterpart these are a lot cheaper than them. i'm not sure if they come from the same factory or anything liek that but a lot of high end shit uses that mold as well. i.e. Neil Barrett, Rafs?, and others along this line.

yeah I know man...i wish i couild get that mold....I LOVE those niel Barret low -tops in the brown suede...like love them...I would shell out the money for those....I guess for me...the CP products don't make me swoon for thier quality...but those niel barret con style shoes in the brown suede...I'm like those are perfect...I guess my mind is warped from looking at shoes all day....but if looking for a high-quality converse style shoe definitely can't go wrong with the CP stuff, as we both know cons are'nt exactly high quality...

peace man

Visvims are waaaaay more comfortable and with more attention to detail than CP, this isn't even debatable.

i own both brands, i love both, but i think the visvims are worth the money much more.

besides,most visvims are only slightly more expensive than CP's at japanese retail price

I switched to a 41 after reading over the sizing several other people before me have gone through. I hope it works.

homie you are fucked. seriously. all brand size run different (it's my opinion that cps run true), but you went ahead and got a 41 when you're a 9.5??? you are fucked.