Samurai 510XX 21OZ

OK these are excruciatingly tight in the waist but the thing is the waist will stretch out. I sized down one on these because of the loose cut and I really like the way they fit in the legs. I will measure the waist when I take them off but my fingers nearly bled trying to get them buttoned LOL.

uber tight before a soak?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think this is going to be deadly after the 1st soak.... but better ut something n the wait area while they dry after the soak to prevent shrinkage on that area...

The pics of me wearing them are post-soak, but I knew they would be tight so I stretched them when they were still wet. I'm pretty sure in a couple of days or weeks it will stretch out OK. overall I'm totally happy with my choice.

The pics of me wearing them are post-soak, but I knew they would be tight so I stretched them when they were still wet. I'm pretty sure in a couple of days or weeks it will stretch out OK. overall I'm totally happy with my choice.

cool good luck mate! hope mine is not too tight post soak..

If you dont like branding then I imagine you remove all stitching from all your jeans then LOL

Supporting big is stupid, hello, they are made in japan. Why not support wrangler at least they are made in the US still.

Screw Levis, its a big (no pun intended) world out there, maybe they sould concentrate on making something of quality and less on trying to stop someone who does.

stop being wack, gordon & yuji have more denim know-how in their pinky-toe nails than you do. they have done ALL of us a huge service just by starting the store, and unlike self-edge, they have respect for the brands they carry, not just selling pirated jap repros.

if i could get a pair of wranglers that were better than the samurai wrangleresque repros, i would. some people are assholes...you my friend are a whole ass:mad:

they have done ALL of us a huge service just by starting the store, and unlike self-edge, they have respect for the brands they carry, not just selling pirated jap repros.

if i could get a pair of wranglers that were better than the samurai wrangleresque repros, i would. some people are assholes...you my friend are a whole ass:mad:

A huge service maybe in getting the different brands in, but in customer service compared to SE? SE has free worldwide express mail and I can do all the communicating with them via email. International phone calls to NY from AUS is expensive, that and shipping on top. It adds up.

And what are you talking about pirated Jap repros? What about the SExIH? What about all the work Kiya's done in collaborating with companies like SC? Plus I like repros.

So who's the ass?

no i didn't get that either. Obviously has issues with Kiya.

Yeah, what's his beef with Self Edge?

I think the world is a certainly better place with both stores, as they both have done a great service for the brands they carry by expanding their customer base exponentially. Ultimately I think that's the most important thing. I think the argument about whether or not to buy from them vs. direct from Japan is annoying--people should just do whatever they want. They will anyway.

Now back to the Samurais. More pics!!

more pictures fade!!!!!!

Do you really want more pics or do you just want people to stop arguing the merits of certain retail stores in this thread? I have bought from SE before and they are great. I also buy from Japan when that suits me.

Anyway what really strikes me about these is the thickness of selvage. Just incredible.

more21oz001uc4.th.jpg

more21oz002er1.th.jpg

more21oz003hf4.th.jpg

oh come on now guys please stop it.. just give each other some negative rep and just call it a day anyways mine will be arriving soon! it already landed on the airpost as what the japan post ems tracking site said... hmmm....

err fade.. do they stretch out fast? i mean how fast in like 2 hours of walking?

DSC01343.jpg

DSC01344.jpg

DSC01345.jpg

DSC01346.jpg

DSC01347.jpg

DSC01348.jpg

DSC01349.jpg

the denim on these guys feels almost the same on my 19 0nzers bu when you look at the thicknest of the selvedge you will see the difference.. i think the denim will become 21 oz. after the soak from what i understand these will be my bulletproof denim... yes im happy i bought one

the denim on these guys feels almost the same on my 19 0nzers bu when you look at the thicknest of the selvedge you will see the difference.. i think the denim will become 21 oz. after the soak from what i understand these will be my bulletproof denim... yes im happy i bought one

Yeah, thick denim is good. I don't need to wear leather pants and jacket anymore, thick denim is almost as good in knife fights.

I'm always happy when buying denim (or knives) :rolleyes:

for me these jeans are worth having a pair.. their color is somewhat different from my 19 oz.. dunno why the streaks maybe. as you can see on the 6th picture... its like having a parka for winter

That denim looks almost streaky. Doesn't look like the 19ozers at all. Fk me, they look good. Daaaaaaamn. Have to wait at least two weeks before I have the money for these... Curse you PBJ XX-007 for looking so damn tasty! Curse you Samurai for putting these jeans out 1 month early! <runs off to cry in a corner>

and yeah 1 more thing indigo junkie.. size down 1 i repeat size down 1 people who are getting this pair pls size down 1 people !!!!!!!!!!

Do you mean size down one only because they are too small (as opposed to sizing down two), or size down one because regular waist is too big?

Post soak pics, please? You and I have similar dimensions, Edmond.:o

+ rep for the piccies you've got up already.

To the guy who called me an ass - what about cars. For you "support local" people, imagine if no one bought japanese cars in the 70's or 80's in their blind faith to support local. Then the big 3 would have had no reason to change with the times and we would all be still driving boats.

The analogy doesn't quite work here. Look a little deeper. We are still buying Japanese denim just from an american distributor. Much like the people who bought Japanese cars in the 70s and 80s. They bought Japanese cars from American retailers... not from Japan. So BIG and SE are helping Levis change in the sense that they have brought high quality denim to a market that wasn't really open to Japanese denim... BIG and SE are increasing competition with Levis causing Levis to up their quality... I hope.