Samurai 510XX 21OZ

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my 21's... that I've just sold. They're among the undersized batch it seems, and after a wash I don't think I'd get into them.

They don't shrink that much, only half an inch in the waist and maybe an inch in the thigh and 2 inches in length. But the waist stretches out fast, leaving it nice and snug everywhere else. Mine fit similar to your raw pics pre-soak and I had no trouble with them post-soak.

thx IJ. I was thinking the same actually... that with the weave this heavy and tight that there couldn't be much shrinkage.

BUT I decided even then there's no way I need two pairs of such similar looking jeans as Zero's and the 21's. I'm no collector I've discovered. Might get some black arc 19's instead.

after hot soak

i think they look fine from the side

img4872hh8.jpg

just a bit big fron the front. one leg cuffed one leg not

img4881hn1.jpg

not sure if getting them hemmed will make them sit better or at least good enough to keep? love the denim. beyond beautiful.

the hot wash feels like they got a little more shrinkage out of them than just the hot soak. not sure if it was enough though so they might be for sale. input?

side before hot wash

img4872hh8.jpg

after

img4894py9.jpg

front before hot wash

img4881hn1.jpg

after

img4888al4.jpg

Exactly what I was thinking..these don't look like they experienced a hot wash...

a hot wash they received. after the hot soak the water was just yellow from the starch, but after the hot wash the water was blue and to make sure that the water was hot enough i added some boiling water before the wash itself. not sure why they look the way they do, but they do.

you guys wont believe me when i say these wont shrink or stretch out a lot...

i think im a believer

not stretching a lot is cool with me as these are a bit big but the not shrinking part is not working well with me at the moment...

Indigo Junkie,

How much did they shrink in the legs, lengthwise and widthwise? If it ain't much I may need to trade somebody. Anybody out there need a size 33 who has a size 32?

So if anyone would like to buy a size 33 give me a holler or trade.

fit pics pls IJ after like 2 weeks wear?

No change. Because I've been rotating them with my SDA 103. I'll post pics in a few months.

Indigo Junkie,

How much did they shrink in the legs, lengthwise and widthwise? If it ain't much I may need to trade somebody. Anybody out there need a size 33 who has a size 32?

So if anyone would like to buy a size 33 give me a holler or trade.

The length did shrink, I'd say about 1 1/2 inch or so. I had them hemmed to 35 raw and they're about 331/2 - 34 now. The thigh shrank a little, not much. Didn't measure, but it definitely feels a little tighter, though it stretched out to the raw size straight away. I got a size 33 (same as my other sams) and the only problem I have with them was the waist, which I stretched out with a bakertowne to 33in (came as 32 raw and shrank to about 31.5 post 3 hour soak).

I tried the jeans on again and they actually aren't that large. I have been looking for a pair of jeans that are baggy fit. The waist fits fine, but the legs are quite poofy. A lot of that goes away with wear anyways.