Samurai 510XX 21OZ

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

i havent checked this thread in like 6 months, but to respond to the self-edge questions: a certain AUTHORIZED samurai salesman asked me to find out if i could find out how a certain UNAUTHORIZED seller was getting them, since his is the only store that has express consent to sell them, and nogami-san said he didn't know how he was getting them, or why he would sell them so haphazardly with the arcs and tabs. keep in mind that this was when the levis-ban was threatning to put samurai out of business. for anyone who has the new-year's samurai postcard, check the back: self edge is not on the list of retailers, hmmm...so thats what i meant. i dont know kiya personally, so i cant say i actually dislike him, just some of his business tactics. as anyone can see, he doesnt sell sams anymore. good. i dont like why he basically endangered nogami-san directly, and snatched crumbs from BIG's table, when there were, and still are plenty of brands that choose to do business with him. and to add insult to injury, on the SE website(which i check out periodically for info's sake) he has the unmittigated gall to claim that his store is the ONLY store in the us that is authorized to sell samurai's...sounds like a page from bill bellichick playbook(sorry, im a die-hard jets fan). if my information is incorrect, please correct me, and ill be more than happy to post my humble apology...(PS: i only entered the SE contest to try to snatch a free flat head jacket, if i'd won i still wouldnt tell people what store it came from...

who cares. i have bought from se once or twice before. but i never will buy anything from them again, not that they give a shit anyway, but because BiG, at least to me, has the best brands and doesn't plague these pages with advertisements. i hate that shit.

Wait, you won't buy from Self Edge because they fund Superfuture? I don't get it. Do you like superfuture being funded enough to exist, but you'd rather we paid out of pocket for it? Or would you rather Superfuture died? I'm not suggesting you should buy from Self Edge, but your argument doesnt' make much sense to me. I'll freely admit that I've bought from BiG, SE, and straight from Japan as well. It seems like it makes more sense to buy what you like than anything else.

Wait, you won't buy from Self Edge because they fund Superfuture? I don't get it. Do you like superfuture being funded enough to exist, but you'd rather we paid out of pocket for it? Or would you rather Superfuture died? I'm not suggesting you should buy from Self Edge, but your argument doesnt' make much sense to me. I'll freely admit that I've bought from BiG, SE, and straight from Japan as well. It seems like it makes more sense to buy what you like than anything else.

Actually, your argument is a fallacy.

Superfuture will not die just because selfedge stops annoying people with advertisement. It is not as simple as you make it out to seem either. Salaami, i assume, doesn't like the constant advertisement not the funds they provide superfuture. Also other advertisers fund superfuture without been nearly as annoying.

Actually, your argument is a fallacy.

Superfuture will not die just because selfedge stops annoying people with advertisement. It is not as simple as you make it out to seem either. Salaami, i assume, doesn't like the constant advertisement not the funds they provide superfuture. Also other advertisers fund superfuture without been nearly as annoying.

Errr, maybe I'm blind, but what ads?

I think some people don't like the constant pumping selfedge does everytime they get a new product.

Fair enough. Though they should complain elsewhere. Sounds like they don't like the way self edge uses the sponsored thread they pay for. My argument is an oversimplification, but not a fallacy. The argument is basically sound but unsophisticated because I made it over simple. Regardless, this is a generally worthless handful of posts starting with Salaami's that adds nothing to the discussion, so I'll stop.

i havent checked this thread in like 6 months, but to respond to the self-edge questions: a certain AUTHORIZED samurai salesman asked me to find out if i could find out how a certain UNAUTHORIZED seller was getting them, since his is the only store that has express consent to sell them, and nogami-san said he didn't know how he was getting them, or why he would sell them so haphazardly with the arcs and tabs. keep in mind that this was when the levis-ban was threatning to put samurai out of business. for anyone who has the new-year's samurai postcard, check the back: self edge is not on the list of retailers, hmmm...so thats what i meant. i dont know kiya personally, so i cant say i actually dislike him, just some of his business tactics. as anyone can see, he doesnt sell sams anymore. good. i dont like why he basically endangered nogami-san directly, and snatched crumbs from BIG's table, when there were, and still are plenty of brands that choose to do business with him. and to add insult to injury, on the SE website(which i check out periodically for info's sake) he has the unmittigated gall to claim that his store is the ONLY store in the us that is authorized to sell samurai's...sounds like a page from bill bellichick playbook(sorry, im a die-hard jets fan). if my information is incorrect, please correct me, and ill be more than happy to post my humble apology...(PS: i only entered the SE contest to try to snatch a free flat head jacket, if i'd won i still wouldnt tell people what store it came from...

you're full of shit, plain and simple. there really isn't more i need to add other than that. maybe you should ask kiya how it works really. neither gordon nor kiya are holding knives to each others throat as you imagine in your fantasy world. both are great businesses.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm just going to assume that this is all bullshit. Not because it's impossible, but because Self Edge says nothing about Self Edge selling Samurais and Kiya always directs people to Gordon. Also, because you're a longwinded moron.

to be correct, SE was selling samurais, and during that time they claimed to be the only authorized seller in the US. also note the online link , which was a sam button. unlike most, i only speak with facts, and truthful information, which may or may not sound outlandish to those without proper background info. with all of the seething remarks i withstand to tell the truth, i usually explain myself@length, to dispell misconceptions. i have nothing to lose or gain by putting dude on blast, i just know what i know. i dont care how or how much he advertises the products/items he is authorized by the original manufacturer to sell. i never claimed he was selling bootleg sams, i said he shouldn't have been selling them period without express consent(verbal, written, or otherwise) consent from nogami-san( if you dont know who he is, dont ask). and i never said it was gordon, and the person i was referring to is japanese, not that it matters. so get your shit straight before making a futile attempt@correcting someone who knows better than yourself, instead of asking for elucidation to suspend your ignorance. dude even pm's me saying he doesnt sell sams...motherfucker you did, and when you did( for those 6 weeks) you were making those claims, or the cats who do your site did, with approval. i hate smart-dumb motherfuckers...done.

I do remember SE selling Sams, but I don't remember them claiming they were the only authorized seller of Samurai in the US.

I do remember SE selling Sams, but I don't remember them claiming they were the only authorized seller of Samurai in the US.

cosigned. saw them in store, in person.

though i only remember BiG claiming to be the one authorized dealer..

in regards to those 19 oz, does anyone have pictures of the ones owned by the guy from surface2air (jameir?)? the set of photos that were up on the big website seem to be blocked at the moment.

small, but still a shot..

image090706b.jpg

are they 510s though? it doesnt say in the article. i guess itd make sense though. looks they could be the 19oz bootcuts though too maybe..

• 2 years later...

reviving an old thread. just because someone else also did it with the S5000-thread.

Came today

Samurai S510XX 21oz.

21oz is really something crazy and def not for everyone. They are in the bathtube right now.

Some pics I took.

P1060685red.jpg

P1060686red.jpg

thick selvage

P1060687red.jpg

denim close-up

P1060691red.jpg

and finally pre-soak fit pics

21ozpresoakfitpicred.jpg

edit:

to make this post more usefull. pre-soak measurements:

waist: 34

front rise: 12

back rise: 16,5

thigh: 14

knee: 10,125

leg opening: 9

inseam: 38,25

all in inches

X-post from Samurai-thread

Fit pics after a hot soak/handwash in the bathtub. They would surely slim down after wear and a hot wash. But I like it, it's something different from what I usually wear and it matches well with the 21oz

21ozpostsoakfitpicred.jpg

measurements size 34x36

waist: 32,5

front rise: 11,5

back rise: 15,75

thigh: 13,5

knee: 9,75

leg opening: 8,75

inseam: 37

thanks bf for the picture and also for bumping this thread with that argument above, i allways wondered why selfedge had a samurai button on their webpage to

take it were not going to see much progress with them are we with the denime contest on?