Kicking Mule Workshop

Le Dirte

this is all incredibly confusing

short answer: rockers are tapered, and will fit more like the NS (though the rockers have a lower rise)

1980s are straight leg, and will fit more like grifters

and, like every pair of raw denim ever, both will stretch

the tighter they are when you buy them, the more they'll stretch

Sorry if I confused you, thanks for the prompt answer....

Aren't the 1980's also a bit tapered though? I'm a true sz 31 waist, and looking from sale threads, it appears the hem is 8", which is .5,.25" a little over than what I want.

However, the rockers seem to have a 7.25" hem, and that is probably way too tapered down the leg for my type. I'm not trying to pull off the skinny jean but merely the slim jean look.

I sized down two on my APC NS (I'm a true 31 waist so I got sz 29 APC NS) , and I'm just looking for the model that best represents this kind of fit. I'm wondering whether I should get a sz 30 rocker , or get sz 29 1980's to get a pair most similar to the APC NS.

I've been looking at fit pics online but it seems as if the 1980s are on the verg of being a little too much like the Grifter (not fitted enough down the leg and the back), while the Rocker seems too skinny-jeanish

Just looking to get any type of feedback here, preferrably from someone who has had the likes of APC NS and Grifters.

Thanks again-

(also, I think i'm comparing jeans in a faulty way... to check how skinny it is, i'm basically just looking at the hem measurement and pictures... should i take into consideration thighs and knee widths too?)

^ any input?

sorry for bumping it up , but really going to be buying a pair of either these jeans or imperial dukes very soon but unsure of the fit

think im leaning more toward the rockers, but im sort of afraid it may be too skinny

Hey I have got a pair of grifters and a pair of rockers. The rockers are defiantley noticably tapered in comparison to the grifters. The rockers have a higher rise than the grifters, larger pockets, and a lower yolk. For my pairs 32's the opening on the grifters is 8" and the rockers 7.5". If you are worried about them being to tight why not upsize one? The rockers are not the baggier compared to the 1980's. From what I can tell the 1980's would be similar to grifters, just upsize to a 32 of the rocker, you won't be dissapointed. Your comparing sizing on the context site right? Anything else you would want to know?

• 3 weeks later...
can someone answer this? i really love the fit of nudie slim jims and i'm looking to get some kicking mules. which fit is more like the jims? the rockers or the 1980s?

I dont think that either are really, the Rockers are more tapered and have a higher rise and the 1980's are a straight leg with a regular rise. That is just my opinion but you should goto context's site and compared measurements to come up with a decision, they have all those jeans.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What do all y'all think of the 1950's? I'm looking for something maybe a little fuller cut than NS, to mix it up a bit, but nothing really baggy. Hands on impressions?

Also, what about sizing? I'm a 35 (33 in NS and Somet straight, 36 in PBJ one wash). Do they run big? Stretch a lot?

What do all y'all think of the 1950's? I'm looking for something maybe a little fuller cut than NS, to mix it up a bit, but nothing really baggy. Hands on impressions?

Also, what about sizing? I'm a 35 (33 in NS and Somet straight, 36 in PBJ one wash). Do they run big? Stretch a lot?

bonjin -- The 1950s are my primary jean right now, and I love the fit. Definitely not baggy fit. It's a very classic straight leg jean.

They do stretch a lot, but not insanely. The waist stretched to about .5"-1", but I always wear a belt. The thighs were snug, now they're roomy. You could safety go down one size from your natural waist. I went with my natural waist, but I could have gone down a size easily. However, I am still very happy with the fit.

So it's up to you. Natural waist for a classic fitted jeans or one size down for a superfuture fit.

I think that you'll love the KMWs, the denim is beautiful with a great hue. And the quality and details of the jeans are top notch.

Thanks a lot for the informative repsone. I think I've decided on these now. So you're saying - since I'm in between 34 and 36 - that I rather should size down to 34 than size up to 36? I'd rather buy true size but since that's not an option...

I'd size down before I would size up.

Why can't you buy your true size? My 1950s are 31/32, so KMW does make odd sizes. Maybe check another store.

I went to Denim bar today and tried on a pair of 31's. They are beautiful jeans. The construction of them justifies the pricetag not as slim as I had hoped for. I Think I would nead a 30 because I would want them to fit like 31 after they stretch. Also they felt very lightweight to me.

my rockers are one rinse as well, got em in 28s and basically fit the same as my 28 acne mics but with a taper and higher rise, so not slim as "rocker" would make you believe. i have worn them for a month so far and they have not stretched at all.

• 3 weeks later...

why are you selling those? they look good.

As far as wear goes with KMW's, I think its a long process. My 1980's haven't gotten a whole lot of love but after maybe a combined month of wear i'm beggining to see some change.

No one, to my knowledge, has washed a pair every month or so...that could make for interesting results. Hell, i don't think ive ever even seen a properly worn in pair of KMW's...