Kicking Mule Workshop

Le Dirte

i just got to try on my rockers in size 27x32 which i ordered from revolve clothing for $275. its awesome and it fits perfectly on the waist and its inseam is 34 instead of 32 as stated.

i just realise the buttons and rivets are from the same company company which provides for dior homme jeans too which i'm not too sure if it's a good or bad thing because most of the rivet caps on my dior homme have dropped off.

anyway i'm 5'7 and weigh 125lbs. i'm gonna take some pictures which i get my hands an a decent camera.

mine came in yesterday from denimbar, i was SO lucky cause i ordered mine the day before the sale end. here's pics, please critique and enjoy!

KMW ROCKERS 28x34

CIMG0326.jpg

CIMG0327.jpg

it felt wierd cause i never had a tapered pair of denim before, it was all tight around the ankle and loose against my balls, but yea these are definitely my FAVORITE pair of denim, WOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!! so what'd you guys think?

i have read about the denim stretching bout an inch, and i was wondering how much bigger would it affect me? cause i like the fit i have up there lol, my first raw denim was APC, and i didnt know anythin bout raw denim at the time, so i bought true to fit on the waist, and they turned HUGE! to the point where i sold it to a buff friend of mine and it fit him good, so iuno lol. i dont wanna make the same mistake like last time

fit question! About to bite the bullet on the 1980's. but i was wondering what size to get. im hoping a 30 will do, as i kind of want that size knee/leg opening.

anyways. i usually buy 32's in regular pants. 33" actual waist, and i bought some apcs NS in a 29.

so a 30 or a 31?

oh also, this will be my first "expensive" pair of denim, should i soak them or something? hot? cold? just put them on and stop worrying about it?

fit question! About to bite the bullet on the 1980's. but i was wondering what size to get. im hoping a 30 will do, as i kind of want that size knee/leg opening.

anyways. i usually buy 32's in regular pants. 33" actual waist, and i bought some apcs NS in a 29.

so a 30 or a 31?

oh also, this will be my first "expensive" pair of denim, should i soak them or something? hot? cold? just put them on and stop worrying about it?

I would advise going against the size 30 KMW, since KMW 1980's run true to size. if your true waist is 33'' I'd go with a size 32. You might be able to size down to size 31, but it will probably be too tight to button up ;) . You can check the measurements here: http://www.contextclothing.com/brands/kicking_mule/1980.php

my fault, maybe i should restate that. my HIPS are 33" and i wear my jeans around there. but i have always bought size 31-32 shorts/khakis.

my waist, as in right below my belly button is 30.5".

EDIT: of course revolveclothing is out of the 30x34. what other sites can i get a first time buyer coupon from?

I just got my first pair of KMW Rockers ordered online. I LOVE the jeans, and the construction is hands down the best I've ever seen (being kind of a newbie, I only have experience with APC, LVC and Ande Whall in raw denim).

I wear a 29 in New Standards/New Cures and ordered the KMW in 31x34. I have to say I should've gone with a 30. My problem with APC are the tight thighs - the waist, ass and rest of the legs have never been an issue.

Since the Rockers have slightly more relaxed thighs they fit a bit baggy. Anyways, I have a lot of superskinny denim - I guess it's time I got something more comfortable.

It looks like they're going to be a hard nut to crack. Have worn these new babies 24x7 the last week, and I know breaking jeans in is a long process, but these don't have any sign of wear at all. Not even in the crotch where I always get bike wear almost immediately. Will def post pictures when the time comes.

I have had my 1980's for about a year now and they have stretched 2 inches in the waist and only a little in the thighs. Plus on top of that, I lost 15 pounds and now they look huge and baggy on me. But, I plan on washing them for the first time very soon.

i love my rockers. love the fit. but im not wearing the crap out of them hoping to get some good wear. cause i know that even if i wore them 24/7 for a year there probably wouldnt be much wear. these are like my weekend jeans. i like them how they are, and not for what they might be after a ton of wear.

How much do the thighs on the KMW 1980's stretch?

I tried on the jeans and liked the fit and the construction was incredible, but the thighs were killing me. My thighs might be getting bigger with all of my biking, too. Thoughts?

Not much. I got mine on sale, one size down, and they fit, but barely. The thighs don't stretch out. I think it's to do with the weave. It's more tightly woven than say a pair of Sams which would stretch a fair bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hey,

thinking about picking these up

how do the 1980s and rockers fit compared to APC NS? I wear a sz 29 APC and my true waist is sz 31.

I really love the fit of my APC NS right now. Are the kmws very similar?

I've had ande whall grifters, but those just make my ass and thighs look too big and its not tapered at all, instead total straight leg. I find its leg way too striaght for my liking and want it tapered like the APC NS. I really want the hem to be ~ 7.75ish like my APC, becasue I liked the stacking. If its 8.5 like the sz 32 1980's are, i don't think i'll be able to get that look

so basically, im wondering whether i should go for the larger, baggier ROCKER , or tighter, slimmer 1980s??? any opinios?

and do these stretch? when i got my sz 29 ns, i couldnt even button them up all the way. to clarify, i just want the APC NS fit but just a higher quality of denim/construction

appreciate an answer! thanks

this is all incredibly confusing

short answer: rockers are tapered, and will fit more like the NS (though the rockers have a lower rise)

1980s are straight leg, and will fit more like grifters

and, like every pair of raw denim ever, both will stretch

the tighter they are when you buy them, the more they'll stretch