Kicking Mule Workshop

Le Dirte

they're sanforized hence the lack of shrinking, how are they breaking in dude?

Breaking in nice. Like i said they a finally comfortable. I was getting worried there for a minute that they wouldn't break enough for me to wear them. No noticable wear though. I don't expect to see much on them for a while though. It's defititely a great classic fit and i love the way they feel now that they are more denimy and less sheet-metalesque.

Breaking in nice. Like i said they a finally comfortable. I was getting worried there for a minute that they wouldn't break enough for me to wear them. No noticable wear though. I don't expect to see much on them for a while though. It's defititely a great classic fit and i love the way they feel now that they are more denimy and less sheet-metalesque.

Hey dasman - please post up fitment pics! Mahalo!

since they are sanforized im not even gonna bother. thanks anyway.

I'm not too sure about this but I know sanforized means they're not shrink to fit BUT I think they will shrink BACK to tag size after a hot soak. Maybe a tumble dry too. I've washed and tumble dried other sanforized jeans and they've shrunk back to tag or close to it.

Won't hurt to try. Good luck.

Even if it does shrink back to tagged sized, doesn't it just stretch back out again?

That's why I told him to wear a belt. Maybe I should have been more specific - wear a belt tight enough so that I doesn't stretch out again in the waist. Can't stop the stretch in the other areas.

We recieved a shipment of Kicking Mules about two weeks ago. We recieved the 2010 in two washes and the 1980 in the rinse. We carry denim from 42 different brands in the store and I personally own over 100 pairs of jeans. I bought the 1980's in the rinse and for me they are the best fitting jeans that I have worn in years. Do yourselves a favor and check them out. This is not a solicitation and I do not have stock in the company! Literally every person who has tried them on has said the same thing and bought them.

I have heard of you guys, You guys ever going to go online??

I have heard of you guys, You guys ever going to go online??

We will definately have an online site within the next six months. I am still trying to find the perfect person to design the site and create the backend system. If anyone on this site is interested, please p.m. me. thanks, blake

Nice fit!!!

Thanks, the pic of the rear makes the ass look dumpy for some reason, but when they are pulled up correctly they look better. The fit on me is much more of a relaxed fit, not plus sizing, but relaxed. I enjoy it. Thanks for the compliment. I have a hard time finding fits that I like, because I have long legs, etc, etc. The proportions get all screwed up.... I digress. Peace.

• 2 weeks later...
blake- are you planning on getting any rockers in anytime soon?

we have the rockers coming in july. As a company they are running low on inventory. I just re-ordered what will probably be my last hit of 1980's until august. We could only get the 32 inseams for some of the waist sizes. They have basically run out of stock on a lot of styles due to there popularity. I am assuming that this site has contributed to that......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love my 1980s, perfect fit and all. I've given mine about a month of hard wear, and the creases are setting in really nice... Thing is, I'm still kind of wondering about how they'll fade. It seems they're really hard to break in, from all the testimonials about the chinese production, but I think my creasing is looking really good already in comparison. Anyone getting any good results rom their japanese production KMWs yet? Or even any iteration. KMW talk still looks few and far between.

The Japanese KMW are natural indigo, so there's a pretty good chance they'll be slow to fade. I don't think I've ever seen a natural indigo jean that faded quickly.

After about a month fading on my pair was minimal, maybe some in the crotch region but thats it... although the color it seems to fade into is beautiful.

My 1950's have minimal wear but then again I've been wearing them minimally. I need the no more denim thread cause I've bought so many jeans this year that none get worn consistently.

I can't stop staring at my AWA every time I wear them. It's doubly bad when I'm wearing my Alden Indy because I'm staring down every time I walk. The way the crease colours seem to ebb and flow on the Alden and the crazy slub and colour of the AWA. Almost walked into a pillar in my office today.