Missed Connections - SuFu edition, no homo

kauflust

dude you should have turned around and said what's up. although easy for me to say, there is little to no chance of me meeting anyone here on the street in Rio so i guess i'm all talk, no action.

i guess it would have been even weirder if you had been with another friend, a non-sufu-er. becaue then you would have that additional weirdness of explaining "fashion forum" to an uninitiated person.

i was at the Barney's Co-Op in Chevy Chase, Maryland (DC) over Christmastime and the salesdude walked up to me and started grilling me (in a flattering way) about my raw denim . . . he wanted to know if they were raw (yes), where they were from (a store in Sweden), what brand (MTWTFSS; motherfucker knew about the Weekday store from that brand, has to be SuFu), how many times washed, etc., etc. i was kind of in this embarassing/awkward place between acknowledging all of his questions and some kind of residual adolescent behavioral tendency to pretend i'm "too cool to know." add to that that my MOTHER was with me in the store.

anyway if said barney's salesdude sees this, show yourself. or were you just a lurker?

time: all the time

city: toronto

place: all over the place

you: everyone

ed the noob didnt say anything to diamonds and timber cause it would be really hard to say "hi im ee-zero-dee-nine-enn-zero-bee-five from the superfuture" it's like a science fiction (horror) movie, also he was probably wearing lifetime

dude you should have turned around and said what's up. although easy for me to say, there is little to no chance of me meeting anyone here on the street in Rio so i guess i'm all talk, no action.

i guess it would have been even weirder if you had been with another friend, a non-sufu-er. becaue then you would have that additional weirdness of explaining "fashion forum" to an uninitiated person.

i was at the Barney's Co-Op in Chevy Chase, Maryland (DC) over Christmastime and the salesdude walked up to me and started grilling me (in a flattering way) about my raw denim . . . he wanted to know if they were raw (yes), where they were from (a store in Sweden), what brand (MTWTFSS; motherfucker knew about the Weekday store from that brand, has to be SuFu), how many times washed, etc., etc. i was kind of in this embarassing/awkward place between acknowledging all of his questions and some kind of residual adolescent behavioral tendency to pretend i'm "too cool to know." add to that that my MOTHER was with me in the store.

anyway if said barney's salesdude sees this, show yourself. or were you just a lurker?

ummm sounds like just some random guy who takes interested in denim? and wat the fuck is MTWTFSS Weedday store?

time: all the time

city: toronto

place: all over the place

you: everyone

ed the noob didnt say anything to diamonds and timber cause it would be really hard to say "hi im ee-zero-dee-nine-enn-zero-bee-five from the superfuture" it's like a science fiction (horror) movie, also he was probably wearing lifetime

well i would have except that devlin stonewalled me when i tried to buy a corpus shirt off him so I don't think he really wants to have to meet me. we do have mutual friends as I found out recently, but still. and i wasn't wearing anything interesting i was just out for dinner with my madre and brother.

diamonds and timber got seated at the table beside me at a noodle house the other day... was quite weird.

WEIRD. I remember having this feeling that I recognized someone there. I must have sort of glanced over in your direction.

I remember that night well...

Haha -- actually Diamonds came to have dinner with my Dad and I because my sister ditched. I ate veggie soup and the waitresses ignored us. There was also this family with all of these plates of food on this lazy susan, and I really wanted one, and I pointed, and they all looked at me.

ummm sounds like just some random guy who takes interested in denim? and wat the fuck is MTWTFSS Weedday store?

http://www.weekday.se, click on "Weekday Brands" for info. it's where my jeans are from; as far as i know they're not sold in any other stores. they were the first stores to sell Cheap Monday too. i was surprised any American, even someone who works at a "specialty" store like the co-op that carries raw denim, would have heard of that store unless they're actively involved in something like SuFu.

Haha -- actually Diamonds came to have dinner with my Dad and I because my sister ditched. I ate veggie soup and the waitresses ignored us. There was also this family with all of these plates of food on this lazy susan, and I really wanted one, and I pointed, and they all looked at me.

I was eavesdropping on their conversation, juicy stuff. Allegedly the dad was asking his kid too many akward questions and alienating him. I don't know what compelled me to type all that out, but I think it was necessary. Also you work(ed?) with sam h. i have known her for a little over a decade

I was eavesdropping on their conversation, juicy stuff. Allegedly the dad was asking his kid too many akward questions and alienating him. I don't know what compelled me to type all that out, but I think it was necessary. Also you work(ed?) with sam h. i have known her for a little over a decade

creeper statusss

I always see this guy downtown who is like the asian version of Keagan... the hair, deep v's, AA, white pointy shoes... and i remember once he wore an Anne D. waistcoat. I don't think he's sufu though.

well i would have except that devlin stonewalled me when i tried to buy a corpus shirt off him so I don't think he really wants to have to meet me. we do have mutual friends as I found out recently, but still. and i wasn't wearing anything interesting i was just out for dinner with my madre and brother.

did you still want that tee

i kind of forgot about it

i saw you today in front of Chapters

i know him, asian dude, around 6ft tall, facial hair? if so he used to work at denim bar with me back in the day his name is tim.

nosferatu_83.jpg

i know him, asian dude, around 6ft tall, facial hair? if so he used to work at denim bar with me back in the day his name is tim.

yeah, the dude was asian, i believe with facial hair. i think he had even stevens but i'm not sure, they were some sort of nudie. nice guy.