the "ask an asian" thread.

mizanation

I think the whole Taiwanese thing is pretty retarded; I just say both. I mean you can say you are Taiwanese but that's just like saying you are Shanghinese or Cantonese. I doubt a canto guy would straight up deny that he is Chinese but say that he's Cantonese instead.

They certainly like the distinction.

There's that sort of unconscious superiority of say, a Shanghainese person to a Cantonese person.

yes.

1. not all asians are chinese.

2. chink itself is a slur. i don't know why it is offensive cuz literally, the word itself has no meaning, i guess we just needed a racial slur like everybody else. but, gook is offensive... while it is technically a slur for vietnamese, some dickheads use it for all asians in general. if you're gonna be an ass, at least be correct.

How about do Asians get mad when people ask them where they're from? (The person asking the question is stereotyping most Asians as "off the boat."

( Before you answer, keep in mine that you were born in America, speak perfect English, and are 1000X smarter than they are)

Guest jmatsu
what's with asians and adidas track jackets?

uuhhh, last time i checked run dmc were black. a better question would have been "what's with asians and rice?"

Guest jmatsu
Do Asians get offended when you call them chink?

so if there was a "ask a black man or white man" thread, would you ask them if they get offended if you called them "niggers" or "honkies?"

ridiculous.

why are japanesse girls so beautiful?

while i'm not going to argue that japanese girls aren't beautiful. most people fail to recognize that like all ethnicities, japan has their fair share of non-lookers. just walk around in japan for a bit.

Guest jmatsu
why are japanesse girls so beautiful?

the person above wrote an obvious truth. cliche, but beauty IS in the eye of the beholder. alot of foreigners (not all), think that the creme de la crap are gorgeous, while people that understand japanese beauty wouldn't even blink an eye. alot of times, i take a foreign (who hasn't been in japan along time) buddy to a double/triple date. the odds are in my favor that he will be happy with the ugly one.

What's with airline peanuts?

honey roasted = awesome.

are filipinos asian or pacific islander?

pacific islander, imo.

uuhhh, last time i checked run dmc were black. a better question would have been "what's with asians and rice?"

rice is the staple/center of the asian diet - just like pasta is to the italians, meat to americans, etc.

so if there was a "ask a black man or white man" thread, would you ask them if they get offended if you called them "niggers" or "honkies?"

ridiculous.

honkies doesn't seem offensive. cracker doesn't either. i can't think of a slur for a white person that is offensive.

"The word 'honkie' was also used in the early to mid 1900's to describe a rich, white man searching for a black hooker. White men would be terrified to enter the actual ghettos so they would honk their horns where they felt safe. Since only rich people drove cars then, black prostitutes knew a honking horn meant a rich payday. Therefore, the word 'honkie' came to fruition."

taken from wikipedia.

the person above wrote an obvious truth. cliche, but beauty IS in the eye of the beholder. alot of foreigners (not all), think that the creme de la crap are gorgeous, while people that understand japanese beauty wouldn't even blink an eye. alot of times, i take a foreign (who hasn't been in japan along time) buddy to a double/triple date. the odds are in my favor that he will be happy with the ugly one.

Examples?

10char.