Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

Guest supernoob
why people actin lyke u cannot get 8 tit sound out of reg'lar synths?

so many bit destroyers and mulchers and chewers.

i make 4 bit beats on 500000000000000000000000000000000000000ultrabit machine.

nigag u kno the whole point of usin a video game machine 2 make sound iz 2 get idiosyncraciez of machine in question.

othrwiese just wastin ur time.

last weekend was a drunken blast......

1st off to on brodway to see 22 year old steve angelo spin finishing up a world tour dude been to UK, ibiza, back to UK, back to ibiza, spain, russia, tokyo, amsterdam and now US....

IMG_0052.jpg

then went to belo to see eric prydz spin it up....

IMG_0086.jpg

then i think it was around 2 am, steve angello comes over to get some autographs from eric....

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

if any san diegans had the lucky experience last night (friday night) at belo to see Bob Sinclair spin with a suprise guest apperance by Daft Punk in full on dior homme space suits please post pics.

its not about that.

im trying to figure out how to take a mp3, an existing song, apart, so i can use each of the parts seperately. now i realize, this can't be done seamlessly, but im trying to seperate the bass and synths of a particular song. this has nothing to do with a synthesizer type or sound. its just taking apart an existing mp3.

There's no way you can take apart an mp3. The song has already been mastered into one wave form from the original tracks, compressed, then converted into mp3 encoding. You best bet would be to use envelope filters to "remove" specific bands from the track, such as cut all the treble/mid to pull the bass then use a compression filter to make the bass more pronounced. But doing so removes the warmth and introduces noise into the sample.