Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

zzz. deadmau5 continued to fall short of his hype only to entertain his legions of loyal, filthy, raver children fans. the man should include a personal thank you to whomever was responsible for bringing mdma-based drugs into the world in his prayers.

glad he kept most of the weirdos distracted though, daedelus' performance inside blew us away and there was likely no more than 40 people on the floor. it was all a lot more aggressive and drum-n-bassey than expected.

i was impressed with a-trak's DJ tricks but wasn't floored by his set in its entirety. got me rapping along to the medley of hip hop classics he mixed together in rapid succession, respect.

beetroots put on an exciting set as usual. fuck the purists, it was fun to hear some of the relatively old electro hits on a loud system again.

and 2many yall already know, glad they brought out the new moving album artwork visuals. kept a few of my friends mostly unfamiliar with electronic music content with their characteristically eclectic track selection. acdc, michael jackson tribute, the clash, nirvana, slayer and uh, dolly parton. really.

I think it has to do with the fact that hard 09 was split into 2 nights. If Hard 09' was one night of 2ManyDJ's, Soulwax, Justice, Shinichi, A-trak, Daedelus, Zombie Nation, it would have probably lived up to 08'.

on a side note: armin van buuren was really amazing last night. not much of a trance fan, but it was one of the best sets I've seen.