Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

i dont know...i kind of didnt like justice (dont flame please)... i enjoy vocals in songs more than merely instrumentals...

yeah, i prefer music with vocals as well, though songs with merely instrumentals work better in some situations. The knife is my personal favorite, try them. uffie is okay, some of her songs are weak though. M.I.A. is embracing the whole "neu-rave" music scene with some of the newer songs leaked from her upcoming record "kala"

there's a lot out there, it's all a matter of personal prefererence i guess

Fuck, I'm completely burnt out on trying to find a track, and need some help. It's a relatively recent house track (not older than a year i think). The title is "The One". The artist has "funk" or "soul" or something along those lines in his name. I've been searching google without any results for half an hour now.

If anyone could just tell me the entire name of the artist, I'd be really thankful.

maybe this http://www.moonbootica.com/ - audioplayer -track 59

yeah, i prefer music with vocals as well, though songs with merely instrumentals work better in some situations. The knife is my personal favorite, try them. uffie is okay, some of her songs are weak though. M.I.A. is embracing the whole "neu-rave" music scene with some of the newer songs leaked from her upcoming record "kala"

there's a lot out there, it's all a matter of personal prefererence i guess

who are you? do you write for Spin?

first, i've got ask if you're really serious about Dangerous Muse? please tell me you're joking. are you a member of Dangerous Muse?

secondly, MIA isn't embracing the neu rave scene- that whole scene is just catching up to her now, a full three years or so after she set the stage. back when nobody knew who Cassetteplaya was, maya and carri were carousing around town, complaining about the lack of good club nights, and maya was wearing CPlaya clothes during her shows. now, every club plays a mish-mash of sounds and everyone is wearing neon.

MIA needs more credit, this scene didnt burst into existence because the klaxons said so- its been steadily growing into the limelight for years.

thirdly, really now, fucking Dangerous Muse?

maybe this http://www.moonbootica.com/ - audioplayer -track 59

Nope :(

The track had a very "summer" feeling to it if that makes any sense.

Also, it had female vocals, but I can't remember any of the lyrics.

Searching is driving me crazy, there are a billion things that apply to the filters "the one", "*soul*", and "*funk*" but none of them seem to be the song I'm looking for.

who are you? do you write for Spin?

first, i've got ask if you're really serious about Dangerous Muse? please tell me you're joking. are you a member of Dangerous Muse?

secondly, MIA isn't embracing the neu rave scene- that whole scene is just catching up to her now, a full three years or so after she set the stage. back when nobody knew who Cassetteplaya was, maya and carri were carousing around town, complaining about the lack of good club nights, and maya was wearing CPlaya clothes during her shows. now, every club plays a mish-mash of sounds and everyone is wearing neon.

MIA needs more credit, this scene didnt burst into existence because the klaxons said so- its been steadily growing into the limelight for years.

thirdly, really now, fucking Dangerous Muse?

my goodness talk about hostility! he said he wanted someone to "recommend me some artists/songs/cds to get me started, ease me in maybe" excuse me for helping the guy out. i personally don't like dangerous muse, but as i stated before, it's all a matter of personal preference, and whether they have talent or not, DM is generally categorized as electro

my goodness talk about hostility! he said he wanted someone to "recommend me some artists/songs/cds to get me started, ease me in maybe" excuse me for helping the guy out. i personally don't like dangerous muse, but as i stated before, it's all a matter of personal preference, and whether they have talent or not, DM is generally categorized as electro

you've got to be either a student at Fordham University or a member of the

NYC gay community to know who Dangerous Muse is. 'fess up, which are

you?.

i'm not trying to be hostile, its just that i was surprised to see them mentioned.

as far as i know, the only reason i have to suffer with the knowledge of knowing that horribly shitty group is that a friend of mine went to school with a supremely closeted member of said group, where said member of said group is the motherfucking laughingstock of the entire campus community, professors included.

i mean, there is this entire "electro" community here in NYC that has no fucking clue about anything, filled with thirty year old dipshits and young twinks who have no frame of reference for good music.. they hang out at cut-rate clubs and listen to people play Madonna and Le Tigre's "Deceptacon" off of an ipod and think that's edgy...

at the very least, if i ask the right hipster, they'll know that electro was originally

a subgenre to hip-hop. all these other weirdos talking about how they make 'electro' music will blink and ask me if i have any crystal meth and want to get fucked in the ass.

haha are you kidding me? you're getting worked up over a simple list, nobody was out to get you.

calm down

re-read my edited post, i'm not trying to be a jerk,

it just seems to happen naturally.

you're honestly saying that youre neither a student at Fordham University nor a member of the gay community, and yet, you still know about Dangerous Muse?

how is this fucking band getting so much attention?

it is boggling my mind.

re-read my edited post, i'm not trying to be a jerk,

it just seems to happen naturally.

you're honestly saying that youre neither a student at Fordham University nor a member of the gay community, and yet, you still know about Dangerous Muse?

how is this fucking band getting so much attention?

it is boggling my mind.

i know about dangerous muse through websites and such, and by the looks of it you've heard of them as well. Does that make someone gay because they've heard a couple songs from a "gay" band?

I don't live anywhere near new york by the way

i know about dangerous muse through websites and such, and by the looks of it you've heard of them as well. Does that make someone gay because they've heard a couple songs from a "gay" band?

hey now, don't misconstrue my words. i was just operating under the impression that the band was still pretty much confined to their little gay club scene here in nyc.

hey now, don't misconstrue my words. i was just operating under the impression that the band was still pretty much confined to their little gay club scene here in nyc.

well my friend, you learn something new everyday. i can see where you're coming from though, about electro's beginning as a sub-genre of hip hop. not too many people know that now, seeing as alot of these trendy bands with "cool" haircuts label themselves as electro and poison what the genre really is and where it derived from

you've got to be either a student at Fordham University or a member of the

NYC gay community to know who Dangerous Muse is. 'fess up, which are

you?.

i'm not trying to be hostile, its just that i was surprised to see them mentioned.

as far as i know, the only reason i have to suffer with the knowledge of knowing that horribly shitty group is that a friend of mine went to school with a supremely closeted member of said group, where said member of said group is the motherfucking laughingstock of the entire campus community, professors included.

i mean, there is this entire "electro" community here in NYC that has no fucking clue about anything, filled with thirty year old dipshits and young twinks who have no frame of reference for good music.. they hang out at cut-rate clubs and listen to people play Madonna and Le Tigre's "Deceptacon" off of an ipod and think that's edgy...

at the very least, if i ask the right hipster, they'll know that electro was originally

a subgenre to hip-hop. all these other weirdos talking about how they make 'electro' music will blink and ask me if i have any crystal meth and want to get fucked in the ass.

guh.. this made me feel kinda weird. letigre??? people listen to taht??? god jesus that shit is terrible...u managed to basically identify the kind of people i fuckin hate...

btw afrika used to have a pretty badass mohawk.

guh.. this made me feel kinda weird. letigre??? people listen to taht??? god jesus that shit is terrible...u managed to basically identify the kind of people i fuckin hate...

btw afrika used to have a pretty badass mohawk.

I bet he fucking worked that Mohawk, too.

The only Le Tigre track I can even find on my computer is an LCD Soundsystem remix which isn't terrible once the vocals kill themselves. It certainly isn't all that good, for that matter, either.

Guest jmatsu

my opinion of le tigre is that their popularity is based more upon their image rather then musical ability. bikini kill lineage and feminazi dyke propoganda that is.

let's face it, while lcd's remix of deceptacon was pretty good light years ago, it can't really compare the onslaught of newer production that has emerged. it just hasn't aged gracefully. i certainly hate it when a dj gets the notion to throw some le tigre into their set.

dangerous muse? seriously they are mtv material. they have like 1 semi listenable song. like clothing/brands people often randomly namedrop certain dj's or bands (to sound knowledgable or hip to a certain scene's standard) that have certain connotations to people who just "know." omc know's!

most people in the "know" come off like elitists/assholes, but too me this is totally natural. they (i feel the same as well) don't want something that they hold sacred to turn into a laughable/trivial commodity.

on another note:

i just got the new blackstrobe album "burn your own chuch."

it seems pretty good, but i don't understand what part ivan smagghe played in it's production, because he's not even listed as a band member. he get's some credit for lyrics. what's the 411. ivan smagghe IS blackstrobe. can someone elaborate on this? is the album insert accurate or vague? c'mon omc...

le tigre sucks.

Blackstrobe is cool- I thought it was two guys and a girl? The only record I have by them is their shinning bright star remix, and some white label- i've been meaning to pick up more of their stuff up. Obviously, a industrial influence in there, which fucking awesome in my book.

Guest jmatsu
le tigre sucks.

Blackstrobe is cool- I thought it was two guys and a girl? The only record I have by them is their shinning bright star remix, and some white label- i've been meaning to pick up more of their stuff up. Obviously, a industrial influence in there, which fucking awesome in my book.

black strobe was ivan smagghe and that one other burly frenchman whose name i can't recall. never a girl credited.

now it's the burly guy and two others minus smagghe.

The hell is "Dogglounge" or whatever, Keagan? You DJ over there? Or are you just making advertising revenue off of your sig?

Because if that's the case I want in.

second one. I don't know enough about deep house (yet) to dj with the stuff. And I am not spanish or black.

I was about 10 seconds away from photoshopping Keagan into a black person, but then I realized it wouldn't be that funny.

What the hell was with that rash of shows turning people into black / hispanic / fat people a while back there? Those shows were hilarious for all of the wrong reasons.

The Rich-Liberal-Whites had some of the best "revelations" I've about ever heard.

I was about 10 seconds away from photoshopping Keagan into a black person, but then I realized it wouldn't be that funny.

What the hell was with that rash of shows turning people into black / hispanic / fat people a while back there? Those shows were hilarious for all of the wrong reasons.

The Rich-Liberal-Whites had some of the best "revelations" I've about ever heard.

oh man, Ice Cube's Black/White?

too funny.

the white to black couple wearing dashikis to church? classic.

Who said electro spawned from hiphop? Maybe its inspired from it a bit but I would imagine it spawned from post punk with all that syth shit.

I like queer electro - i.e tiga.

I also now declare myself a scenster - I bought 2 of the Justice tee's. I don't even really like D.A.N.C.E that much.