Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

hahaha - I actually think that thread is rather funny and interesting in a way. It started off innocuously enough, but now it's basically rendered rep worthless. Case in point - there's no way I should have as much rep as I do.

Anyway, thanks for the tunes J ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jmatsu

omc, this is your fuckin thread. do your part and keep it alive.

"silver fountain" -glass candy track downloadable at their myspace page.

don't fret, it ships out from New Jersey... Mr. Jorge Velez, the man behind PG, ships them out himself. he has nice handwriting.

if you're really anxious i can zip up the files and send them to you tonight.

speaking of Glass Candy, did i mention that i'm shitting my pants excited that

they're playing in new york this summer? they haven't toured beyond the west

coast since they've gone through their terror disco metamorphosis; i saw them

back when Love Love Love first came out and they were a fun but sloppy mess.

if only they'd bring the Chromatics along with them...

Guest jmatsu
don't fret, it ships out from New Jersey... Mr. Jorge Velez, the man behind PG, ships them out himself. he has nice handwriting.

if you're really anxious i can zip up the files and send them to you tonight.

speaking of Glass Candy, did i mention that i'm shitting my pants excited that

they're playing in new york this summer? they haven't toured beyond the west

coast since they've gone through their terror disco metamorphosis; i saw them

back when Love Love Love first came out and they were a fun but sloppy mess.

if only they'd bring the Chromatics along with them...

thanks homie, but i'll just wait. man, i would love to see them. maybe farah will be with them.

this is a awesome thread... ive really been into house/french touch/disco house etc etc lately and ive only made it 3 pages in and i found the presets and the avalanches who id never listened to before. and they kick ass

some recommendations of cool stuff i love:

Ian Pooley - Since then --- fuckin brillant record

all that Ed Banger stuff is awesome

Miami Horror

Cut Copy

Young Love

Les Rhymes Digitales

Cassius

ill have to go home and look at my collection for more obscure stuff.

big ups to this thread tho, i just heard The Avalanches - Since I Left You for the first time and i think im in love. i get so happy when i hear a new song that is amazing!

and august 9 - daft punk NYC. cant get much better than that!

Guest jmatsu
what cd is this off of?

they were all good i want 2 cop.

the latest one was jean nippon. i don't think any of the artists i've linked have full albums out yet.

if you guys like kap bambino, i'm pretty sure you'd like dandi wind (pretty old, but still good). they have a couple full lengths out.

if you don't have it, too lazy to track it down, or are too cheap, i may consider uploading.

let me know.

Guest jmatsu
um, all 3 of those fully apply to me

pleeeeeeease?

tommorrow or day after tommorrow.

your homie still never mailed me anything...not that it's your fault or anything.

yea im not surprised, last time i talked to him he seemed mad busy, apparently hes putting out an ep and crystal castles are going on tour and blah blah blah... next time i get a chance ill remind him

plus, you can never really trust a hipster can you

don't know if this has already been mentioned here but you guys should check out the Institube label, headed by my good mate Teki Latex of TTC. It's home to Para One, Bobmo, Das Glow...etc basically your french booty-acid-getto-electro-techno with a lot of cool chopped up vocals. But here in Pari$ the scene is shifting more towards the dirty space disco sound, the Tigersushi label is at the forefront with artists such as Joakim, Poni Hoax, Pilooski & the D.I.R.T.Y bass system. NYC heads should check out Poni Hoax @ PS1 on Bastille day ( myspace.com/tigersushirecrods )

don't know if this has already been mentioned here but you guys should check out the Institube label, headed by my good mate Teki Latex of TTC. It's home to Para One, Bobmo, Das Glow...etc basically your french booty-acid-getto-electro-techno with a lot of cool chopped up vocals. But here in Pari$ the scene is shifting more towards the dirty space disco sound, the Tigersushi label is at the forefront with artists such as Joakim, Poni Hoax, Pilooski & the D.I.R.T.Y bass system. NYC heads should check out Poni Hoax @ PS1 on Bastille day ( myspace.com/tigersushirecrods )

i have heard some of that tigersushi/-esque 'space disco' (i love that name) stuff going around, it seems to be what the cool kids are getting into over here too

its interesting, i gotta say its a lot more interesting than the (hypothetical) new ed banger mix