Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

"If you don't like me fuck you." Gold. I get the idea this chick isn't actually as much of a complete piece of human garbage as she comes across, and is a little more of a puppet of the label. How many of us wouldn't do what she has in her place though?

So I just found out about this fool Dan Deacon, who it turns out is my friends brother. I myspace it up, and I'm sitting there listening to a bunch of bleeps, thinking: "what is this pretentious bullshit", but then the beat drops, and I start thinking: Whoa shit! Grime....this is like grime!.

In conclusion, from the brief bit I heard, I kind of liked what he was doing. I'll also say that I kept thinking about how live it would be if Tempa T, Terminator, or anyone from Slewdem Cru got on the Mic during one of his sets. SSSWWWWWWWWIIIIINNNNNNNNG, BANG EM!!!!!!!!!!!.

I'm going to see him for free at studioB tonite. You should too.

Now is the part where I wait for you all to tell me that he:

A. Sucks

B. Doesn't belong in this thread

C. Is ok...but no where near as good as the underappreciated heroes of the genre...[insert band/artist here].

GO!

Uffy = 100% flake! We booked her @ Sonar last year and she did a horrid show. She pretty much just stood there in one place, she couldn't even sing along with the music.

Whaaaaa??? She didn't sell sex? THat's fucking false advertising right there.

Whaaaaa??? She didn't sell sex? THat's fucking false advertising right there.

Word.

If I paid for Uffie I'd want something like this:

UffieBathtub.jpg

Man I love stupid ass cute indie girls.

Plus her track on the Justice album is half hot.

Oh right, actual contribution...

Goose and !!!

http://www.myspace.com/goosemusic

http://www.myspace.com/chkchkchk

So I just found out about this fool Dan Deacon, who it turns out is my friends brother. I myspace it up, and I'm sitting there listening to a bunch of bleeps, thinking: "what is this pretentious bullshit", but then the beat drops, and I start thinking: Whoa shit! Grime....this is like grime!.

In conclusion, from the brief bit I heard, I kind of liked what he was doing. I'll also say that I kept thinking about how live it would be if Tempa T, Terminator, or anyone from Slewdem Cru got on the Mic during one of his sets. SSSWWWWWWWWIIIIINNNNNNNNG, BANG EM!!!!!!!!!!!.

I'm going to see him for free at studioB tonite. You should too.

Now is the part where I wait for you all to tell me that he:

A. Sucks

B. Doesn't belong in this thread

C. Is ok...but no where near as good as the underappreciated heroes of the genre...[insert band/artist here].

GO!

Dan Deacon doesn't suck, he can certainly fit into this thread,

and I don't have anyone else to really compare him to, except

for this dude Simon Bookish, which is kind of like Dan Deacon

minus the heavy beats and turning up the "avant-garde" knob.

Deacon's got some good tracks, and some shockingly good tracks,

and I definitely had that same reaction as you did when I first

heard his shit.

Enjoy the show...

"name?"

"Raised B. Wolves, plus one"

Guest jmatsu

can someone provide me with mp3's or links (not today's two tracks from bigstereo...) from the dgenetics musics label?

will rep. thanks.

Guest jmatsu
Clopek wasteman dun speak de tongue.

Professor Murder are boring as hell...

Professor Genius is where it is at

ITALIANS DO IT BETTER- 'AFTER DARK' COMPILATION OUT NOW!!!!!

seriously don't you have every single track on mp3 already? the only difference is that some tracks are the long 12" versions are on it, right? i'm still shelled out the astronomical 8bucks though...

seriously don't you have every single track on mp3 already? the only difference is that some tracks are the long 12" versions are on it, right? i'm still shelled out the astronomical 8bucks though...

every last one, yes, but i'm a sucker for 12'' mixes and don't want to wait

until some kind soul proliferates them across the world wide web.

plus, for the first time in god knows how long, i fully believe in and want to support a record label with my money.

the packaging looks kind of nifty, too.

Guest engteach

I doubt Merge Records cares too much, and I'll buy this one too, like always. Regarding the thread transgression, I saw indie and was under the impression that it was an umbrella under which all are welcome and you'd be my friends. So it goes. :(