Pride FC and MMA

Haz

fedor was getting worked in the first round. No one expected that. Exciting fight as was mousasi v sudajouku

i wouldnt say he got worked, he got hit with 1 jab and put himself in a bad position going for an armbar

strikeforce was good overall

i was surprised bigfoot gassed, i thought he woulda ko'd werdum

yeah im biased, i cant stand watching wrestlers just lay and lean. it was definitely close and could have gone either way just depends on what you were looking for, who controlled the fight and dictated the pace etc then randy, but i still think vera did more damage.

hardy did look good, i doubt gsp would stand with him though, so i dont think he really has too much of a chance unless he pulls a serra which im hoping for

true indeed. doesn't seem to have much of a ground game, so gsp would probably just take him down and smash him.

the few instances he hit couture, vera did more damage. it's just the rest of the time he was getting smashed against the fence.

the next ufc card is so not ppv-worthy. shame that most of their champions are injured.

tell you what, i'd like to see him fight nick diaz or jake sheilds.

those would probably be good fights.

I'm not really a big fan of nick diaz for some reason. But jake shield on the other hand would be a pretty good fight for gsp. I don't think he lost a fight in since like 2005? Plus i would love him to win so he can bring the belt to the bay. (shields lives in sf)

wooo jokerface won me some money

i seriously didnt expect mtb to get outclassed like that. that was pretty crazy, i cant even imagine what he would do to faber.

manny is still super boring, funny when garcia dropped his hands and was pleading to be hit

good card though, but who the hell can challenge aldo now, if faber wins at 46 he'll prolly get the next shot, but i don't know what he can really offer. hes quicker and more creative than mtb and will want to stand, but doesnt have the power and has a weaker chin. maybe hell get lucky

• 3 weeks later...

What does everyone think of tonight? I don't think Diego has a chance against Penn. Diego has an amazing mental game and good conditioning but he doesn't have near the talent or athleticism BJ does imo. And Mir looks like an animal now. He has gained 20lbs since his loss to Lesnar. I know a lot of people don't like him because of his attitude but I think he's funny. He said something along the lines of "I want to permanently cause physical damage to Check and mentally scar him for the rest of his life." And in a super serious tone lol. Guy is nuts. He said he only wants to do it to send a message to Lesnar too. Check has a chance if he can catch him with a good punch but Mir is far superior and I don't think Check will be much problem for him.

What does everyone think of tonight? I don't think Diego has a chance against Penn. Diego has an amazing mental game and good conditioning but he doesn't have near the talent or athleticism BJ does imo. And Mir looks like an animal now. He has gained 20lbs since his loss to Lesnar. I know a lot of people don't like him because of his attitude but I think he's funny. He said something along the lines of "I want to permanently cause physical damage to Check and mentally scar him for the rest of his life." And in a super serious tone lol. Guy is nuts. He said he only wants to do it to send a message to Lesnar too. Check has a chance if he can catch him with a good punch but Mir is far superior and I don't think Check will be much problem for him.

At first i was most excited to see penn vs diego too. But after seeing how big mir got, i can't wait to see what he can do in the octagon now.

At first i was most excited to see penn vs diego too. But after seeing how big mir got, i can't wait to see what he can do in the octagon now.

Yea I think that Mir made a huge improvement in his game just buy gaining that size. He's obviously really motivated to get the belt back and I would love to see him walk over Check and get another rematch with Lesnar. I can't stand that guy.