waywt? saved my life

sycamore no more

somehow I could tell this guy was autralian before i even looked at his location. is it even possible to buy anything besides tapered/skinny jeans in australia at the moment? Seems every aussie poster now either has CMs / Tsubis / nudie johns/finns / 19cms.

I guess jpgm is an exception though

well what do u expect...

most everyone who digs fashion wear a skinny/tapered jeans in aus these days..

but thats just my opinion...

Lucky cloud you should try to borrow a suit for the interview. Even if the office is pretty casual you should always dress up for a first interview, check out what everyone else is wearing and then if there is a second interview dress more in line with what others are wearing but even then i would still wear trousers and shirt.

this is solid advice... suit is not necessarily a must but the least i would do is nice slacks/chinos + navy/charcoal jacket.

i didnt know if this was true

"Seems every aussie poster now either has CMs / Tsubis / nudie johns/finns / 19cms.

I guess jpgm is an exception though"

i know CM, tsubis and Nudies are popular downunder, but i've rarely seen a pair of DH on the streets of Syd (okay, maybe once but i am not sure cos it was abt 10 meters away) and what proportion of the aussie population does the aussie posters here on sufu represent?

this pic is dopeness.

seksu: shit is hella dope...u need 2 show dat illionaire tee them shitz are nice. yo u kno were i kan get illionaire pants y all dese aussie brands not do da online deal???

agreed about illionaire. their stuff is fucking awesome. i know pitbull mansion will be stocking the summerstock of illionaire; but at the moment its just "coming soon".

ill do a waywt showing the shirt sometime..

gave lots of rep to you people, but ran out. good stuff all around.

ooh, seven.homme, that is a nice one. I particularly like the jacket, but everything looks and fits great. i'd rep if I could.

and thanks for the advice, everybody. thankfully, the job is neither corporate nor really all that serious, so I' not too concerned, but I'm going to try and pick up some nicer threads/shoes before I go in tomorrow.

i didnt know if this was true

"Seems every aussie poster now either has CMs / Tsubis / nudie johns/finns / 19cms.

I guess jpgm is an exception though"

i know CM, tsubis and Nudies are popular downunder, but i've rarely seen a pair of DH on the streets of Syd (okay, maybe once but i am not sure cos it was abt 10 meters away) and what proportion of the aussie population does the aussie posters here on sufu represent?

Am I on the same forum? None the Aussie posters I've noticed had nudies.

I've never liked the way tsubi looked on me. Didn't buy nudies because I hated the N patch, the tall narrow back pockets, and the colour seems a little off. I like the back pocket stiching tough. Haven't had a chance to try on DH to see how it fits, its one of those fits that will either work or look horrible so I'm not willing to risk it. I've been a strict Levi 501 wearer until I tried on a pair of Imperials, and because of sufu now own a pair of S5000VX and next will be PBJ-005s. No tsubi or nudie for this Sydneysider.

Of the sufu denim brands.. I've never seen a pair of DH in Sydney. Tsubis are more common than Nudies. The tsubi look... slouched skinny loosely stacked jeans to the knee, has been around a loong time in Sydney. I've seen less than 10 pairs of Evisus on anyone, and one pair of Edwins. Until recently when (especially women) started wearing darker one wash denim all I saw was the poorly faded front and back jeans on everyone.

Nobody really cares either, we are talking about a place where wearing trackiedacks with thongs is still normal and until the last few years women would do their shopping while wearing hair curlers... although I haven't been out west in a while.

jemook, way better than your last post. nice (subtle) fades and fit on the CMs and I like the colorway on the onitsukas. some folks here are down on the brand, but I like 'em.

Hey lucky, thanks for your comments mate :) I like the Oni's, although quite mainstream, they are heaps comfortable. Also regarding the fit of the CMs, it's something about the low rise and the stiffness of the denim that makes it look great on everyone. Alot of my friends have bought CMs after they saw mine and they look great on all of them. I think the rigidity of the raw denim allows it to crumple heaps at the knee and stacks without loosening up.

Am I on the same forum? None the Aussie posters I've noticed had nudies.

I've never liked the way tsubi looked on me. Didn't buy nudies because I hated the N patch, the tall narrow back pockets, and the colour seems a little off. I like the back pocket stiching tough. Haven't had a chance to try on DH to see how it fits, its one of those fits that will either work or look horrible so I'm not willing to risk it. I've been a strict Levi 501 wearer until I tried on a pair of Imperials, and because of sufu now own a pair of S5000VX and next will be PBJ-005s. No tsubi or nudie for this Sydneysider.

Of the sufu denim brands.. I've never seen a pair of DH in Sydney. Tsubis are more common than Nudies. The tsubi look... slouched skinny loosely stacked jeans to the knee, has been around a loong time in Sydney. I've seen less than 10 pairs of Evisus on anyone, and one pair of Edwins. Until recently when (especially women) started wearing darker one wash denim all I saw was the poorly faded front and back jeans on everyone.

Nobody really cares either, we are talking about a place where wearing trackiedacks with thongs is still normal and until the last few years women would do their shopping while wearing hair curlers... although I haven't been out west in a while.

Hey Napoleon, personally I've never owned a pair of Ksubi's and I never will. I refuse to give in to the hype of what is IMO an overhyped piece of shit brand for many reasons. I think alot of people are also catching on to the shiteness of that brand and that's why we are starting to see alot less Ksubis and heaps more Nudies.

As you said, the reason we don't see DH here is because there's nowhere to bloody buy / try on the stuff. I'm risking it and buying a pair of DH MII 19cm from a member on this forum in a size 28 if your interested in trying em on when I get 'em.

CM is great for the price, the fit is great, the raws fade great in all the right spots. I also just bought a CM jacket too.. I took the label off the jeans though so they just look like a generic raw pair now.

I bought a pair of Imperials in size 29 and I really hate the fit on me. I've even given it a hot wash / tumble dry and it shrunk heaps but I'm just too skinny for them. It pisses me off too because the quality of the construction and denim is out of this world.

I think Nudie is great. Especially for washed jeans - they have heaps of variety and lots of different cuts too but the prices can be quite outlandish ($350 for the long johns I posted earlier is just not worth it.)

Anyway myself and 2 others are in the process of starting our own denim label. It's still in its humble beginnings but we just want to make great jeans for a decent price and sell mainly to friends.. If it takes off then fine, if it doesn't then who cares - it's all for the fun of it really!

lot of people i know did this....also my friend friends...

any particular reason for this? i dont think CM tag is that bad...:confused:

Personally I found it to clash with the raw denim, it's so unorganic. I'd love to see what it looks like after it has been washed a couple of times.

lot of people i know did this....also my friend friends...

any particular reason for this? i dont think CM tag is that bad...:confused:

I'm not sure how you feel about branding in particular but personally, having gone through lots of different brands and logos I really, really prefer items that have minimal or no labeling whatsoever. Take for example a s/s polo shirt that has a gator (Lacoste) or moose (abercrombie logo) on it. For young people some may think that it's cool but it definitely can look "douchey" for lack of a better word from my perception and can disrupt an otherwise clean look (btw I 'm not going to talk shit about the polo logo b/c it's pretty classic). Recently I found some sweet polos at uniqlo that seem to be great quality with no logo whatsover, I plan to buy a few more next week.

Anyways to get back on topic, see how this pic (from waywt post 35694) would look 10,000X better w/o the CM tag?

so1337sosexy hi2.JPG

btw seven.homme, I'm usually not a fan of your fits as I think your lower half always seem too, too skinny and thus out of proportion but I'm digging your last fit, the jacket and duffle look classic, cheers