macbook info

rabka

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my mbp lasts 3 hours on full charge with full brightness screen. running photoshop, final cut or in design tends to drain the battery but that's obviously going to happen. my mbp is from june 2007.

revoked: i personally dont use them but i know some who have silicone keyboard covers. the biggest complaint i hear is that they change the feel of typing too drastically but i've typed on it and it doesnt seem too bad.

check these links for more info:

http://www.sonnettech.com/product/carapace.html

http://www.iskin.com/product_kbrd_macbook.html

significant benefit in waiting 6 odd months for the first update? i'm always weary buying first release products, but my current laptop is almost dead.

fuck, i wish there was a matte screen option.

edit: is everyone who has already committed happy with their purchase? any disappointments?

I cant believe they got rid of firewire on the macbook

Why is it only available on the pro? im glad i got my white 2.4ghz macbook just in time with the student discoutn and free ipod....

I paid 1249$ CAD for the 2.4 with a free Ipod touch which was part of the student deal. I then sold the Ipod for 250$. So I got my white 2.4Ghz for 1000! The new 2.4 is 1750!!! I know the new model is much prettier and a bit faster but meh...

just received mine this morning... 13.3" 2.4 -

macbook_keys.jpg

initial thoughts - i am really impressed with the build quality. it's pretty amazing how they carved the entire bottom half out of a solid block of aluminum and the finish on it is something else. i mentioned earlier that i've been working on a 12" powerbook g4 for the past 3 and a half years so i know that i'll notice the performance bump almost immediately. i'm still transferring files and installing software so i have yet to put it thru its paces but so far, aesthetically i'm very pleased. it's much thinner than i anticipated and it feels very solid in hand.