macbook info

rabka

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, all the new Macbooks have LED-backlit screens but the 2.0 doesn't have a backlit keyboard.

Info:

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/shop_mac/family/macbook?mco=MTE3MjE

Also you can find lots of people confirming/complaining on the macrumors forums:

http://forums.macrumors.com/index.php

A new 2.4 Macbook or cheap old white Macbook seem like the best deals. Firewire (or lack of) is the biggest issue I think.

I ended up buying the 2.4 MB- there simply wasn't enought of a gap b/w that and the pro. had the pro come with more ram / matte screen / something besides just a bigger screen and 2nd gfx card, I would've bitten...

IMO, apple is biting into their pro sales by releasing this baby.

anyway, I FINALLYYY have a computer :]

according to some reviews, there are still some subtle idiosyncrasies between the 2 respective to the originals. such as the keyboard on the MB is softer where as MBP is more clickier. Also the Macbook pro has better contrast ratios and viewing angle. I think I missing something else but all in all performace is about the same, and people who need pros will still need pros.

Cool thanks, How long do you figure your battery lasts?

I just watched the Simpsons movie (1 hour 27 minutes) on full brightness and my battery meter is showing a little over 2 hours remaining.

Actually, now that I dimmed the screen and turned up my keyboard backlight, the time on the meter is slowly climbing...

P.S. had the laptop on my lap the whole time, and it didn't bother me at all :D

All in all, very happy with the purchase.

Any info on how hot the new macbook pros get and how long the battery life is?

The battery on my mbp lasts about 8min on a full charge and is always very hot.

I just bought a used mb pro. and after charging it fully, once it drops to 95%, it automatically shuts down. No problems when its plugged in though. Sounds slightly similar to what you're experiencing. I just bought a new battery anyway