Stevenson Overall Company

jaspar

I honestly can't tell how much i love my 767... this denim is something. I like the cut a bit tapered with generous thigh.

The construction is absolutely perfect. Cant wait to see how it will fade.

For those who like s710 fit this is for you guys. A little more tapered and slightly slimmer rise with a little more space in the thigh area.

Oh, I would pick up a pair of Stevensons for that as I will be in Portland in August.

Sounds like we could be on to something.

727's calling my name as well.

I like where this is going!

I've got a pair of the 767's incoming (last ones left!), and looking to pass along my 727's in a size 32 to someone who is comfortable with the more tapered fit. I wore them 2-3 brief times (moments, really), then soaked them in warm water for 10 minutes, which got a bunch of shrink out. Not hemmed, no other molestations performed. Not even looking for full price, just trying to do a brother a solid on an amazing pair of (sold out) jeans that are a bit tight for my tastes/uses.

And to echo what everyone here who has gazed upon them has said, this shit a just a little bit special (no offense, Roy). A bit of magic in the fabric, the cut, the details. Now if only they made that insane fucking jacket in a 2X/3XL, I'd be set.

Hit me up and we'll talk. Face-to-face if you like in the Bay Area.

Cheers

The problem is that it IS that crazy.. wearing the jeans for a good amount of time has made me realize that you can make a non-traditional 5-pocket jean and still satisfy the guy that only wants to wear a "jean".  

I've never been into the reinvention of the jean, even though i was one of the few that bought the 7161 from Mister Freedom seven years ago, even then i bought it because i thought it was something i just HAD to do, that it was an important thing.  With Stevenson i'm buying these jeans because i feel like they're a natural progression of what we're all used to.  

Went to hang out with Tyler at SEPDX and he basically threw some 727's at me to try on. I can't stop lusting after them now. 

The problem is that it IS that crazy.. wearing the jeans for a good amount of time has made me realize that you can make a non-traditional 5-pocket jean and still satisfy the guy that only wants to wear a "jean".  

I've never been into the reinvention of the jean, even though i was one of the few that bought the 7161 from Mister Freedom seven years ago, even then i bought it because i thought it was something i just HAD to do, that it was an important thing.  With Stevenson i'm buying these jeans because i feel like they're a natural progression of what we're all used to.  

Straight up. I just got my 767's, and they are, by far, my instant favorites. Nothing woo-hoo, nothing flashy, just something deeply thoughtful and integrated about them (although the leather-backed buttons are the fucking shit). The fit is perfect from the first wear, at least for me. The pockets are the most anatomically natural, in terms of accessibility, of all the jeans I have, but the topbox is perfectly shaped (this has been a give-and-take on other pairs). And the cut (again, for me) is a dream: great taper, no pinching, and easy movement throughout a 12-hour work day. 

Waxing cheesy/poetic, I know, but these things put me there. Closest I've come before is the Roy Big Bros, but then I haven't tried on my KS's yet. Looking forward to their SOC's effort.

Oh, and my 727's are still available (size 32). Hit me up for a deal.

And thanks, Kiya, for bringing these in!

@b-sandy What did those 34's measure when you got them? Were they raw or OW?

They are actually 33s. I was in between sizes so I went with the 33 because I like slimmer fits. They were raw, measurements were pretty much identical to those listed on SelfEdge with the thigh being just slightly slimmer. After wearing them for a few hours they've also stretched a ton.

Need some sizing advice.  I had some size 34 727s shipped from Self Edge.  They fit almost perfect pre-soak.  How much do these things shrink and then stretch?  Should I keep them or size up?  My concern obviously is that a soak might shrink them too much, particularly in the thighs, and I don't care for the really tight jeans look.  

Need some sizing advice.  I had some size 34 727s shipped from Self Edge.  They fit almost perfect pre-soak.  How much do these things shrink and then stretch?  Should I keep them or size up?  My concern obviously is that a soak might shrink them too much, particularly in the thighs, and I don't care for the really tight jeans look.  

The jean shrinks an entire size with a hot soak, but if you do a 10 minute cold soak you can keep the shrinkage down to a minimum and you should be fine down the line as long as you cold wash and line dry the jeans.  By the time you do the first wash the waist and thighs would have stretched out enough to handle a little bit of shrinkage from the wash.

Kiya, do you think I should do that or just exchange for a 36?

Email me a couple of good photos if you can and we can go from there.

I got ballsy based on B-Sandy's talk of stretching and went ahead and soaked them.  What does everyone think?  My opinion is that they are good, but the only thing that worries me is the rear rise because when I sit down they fall further than I would like.  I'm relatively tall:

14kl5ph.jpg

Edited by stingray1381

In a similar boat right now trying to decide if I should size up my un-soaked Stevensons or just try to actually lose the weight I keep complaining about. As it stands, the raw waist on my 34 is "snug" but my pride is nagging me. I've never bought anything tagged 36 before and i'm not dying to start. :(

Really surprised that these are even giving me trouble, the lower 11" rise should have made these hit below the beer gut. I havent checked the actual against the SE measurements but its more likely that i'm in denial about my actual current waist size than anything else.

Seems that people are getting these to stretch back to Raw measurements pretty easy, so leaning towards sticking with the 34. Speak up if you think i'm a fool.

They do stretch quite a bit.  I have a size 34", and they stretched back out to raw measurements in the waist.  I'm 6'3" about 200lbs and they seem to fit fine other than the rise being too low for my liking.  However, I think the latter is just me not being used to a lower rise jean.