Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

not full metal jacket?

I've only seen up to the end of bootcamp though

nah not really a fan of kubrick's output post strangelove. although 2001 and the shining are obviously good, i feel kubrick relied too much on visuals in the latter part of his career. it makes sense coming from a photography background, but it seems lazy especially compared to his early films ie killer's kiss and the killing especially. anyone can shoot a 'pretty' picture.

nah not really a fan of kubrick's output post strangelove. although 2001 and the shining are obviously good, i feel kubrick relied too much on visuals in the latter part of his career. it makes sense coming from a photography background, but his early films ie killer's kiss and the killing especially, were legit.

you didn't like A Clockwork Orange? I thought he did well adapting it. Barry Lyndon is boring as fuck though. Visually great, but boring.

the only 3 war films i like are apocalypse now (non redux), the thin red line and paths of glory

haha combat shock, that shit is directed by buddy giowhatever

just watched life is hot in cracktown a couple weeks bcak

yeah, Staten Island Community College alum

how was Life is Hot in Cracktown ? The only other film besides Combat Shock I've seen by him was No Way Home which was shitty but decent on the whole

not full metal jacket?

I've only seen up to the end of bootcamp though

I've got real mixed feelings on Full Metal Jacket. I think everything up until they go to Vietnam is really good and then once they're over there it's just tedious and overly long.

I'll check it out

Clockwork Orange to me is a well executed film with great visuals and does the best possible job of adapting a tricky yet simple story. My aunt was Anthony Burgess's book agent from the late 80's till his death and he even talked about how much he liked the film for it's linear quality, but decried it for making everyone who read it miss the whole point of the book.

I still like the movie though.

currently watching Star Wars episode 6 for the first time in like a few months. I really dislike the special edition versions, but my god, I've seen this movie at least a thousand times and I still get excited even when I know what's coming.

I fucking love Star Wars. shame what became of it when they made the prequels.

Guest Phrost

you can overlap them too. favorite one to start with is r.kelly or spike lee then follow up with pusha/malice or reggae guy to right of left most jimmy