Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

-Is thinking positively just a lie to your self? Then which is better?

This presumes there's no reason to think positively. Why would it be a lie to be happy?

-When does one ever stop wanting to achieve? Can one ever WANT to stop achieving and be happy?

This presumes accomplishment (in any sense) is the key to happiness. What do you mean by "achieve"?

@sam- I love being a hair model! Apparently I have great hair lines (or so I was told) and have done it a few times for a couple awesome salons while I was living in Seattle. The last spot had a dj spinning, served chocolates and lattes, and provided full blown robes so I wouldn't get hair on any of my clothes...

Nothing like a free haircut at a place I would never even think about paying for!

ojjairus oh sick! glad to have helped you out man :)

skistar i know right? it's pretty awesome. i feel like my last haircut a few weeks ago hella sucked and i paid like $30 for it. i hope this one is gonna come out really nice, what would be a $120 hair cut. woopwoop!

This presumes there's no reason to think positively. Why would it be a lie to be happy?

This presumes accomplishment (in any sense) is the key to happiness. What do you mean by "achieve"?

#1 If you have the mindset and you're thinking to yourself im going to pass this class to stay happy and composed, but yet fail to study. In this case one can say that not thinking positively is better?

#2 Basically i mean a goal in general, sayyy weight loss. People often say i will be happy if i lose 10 pounds. When the 10 pounds are lost, most people aren't satisfied with their achievement and create a new goal. Never ending cycle.

I know its all relative, but it was my random thought haha

Dum: that dream is amazing.

#1 If you have the mindset and you're thinking to yourself im going to pass this class to stay happy and composed, but yet fail to study. In this case one can say that not thinking positively is better?

Sure. It makes sense. If failing the class will result in less happiness/more suffering than thinking positively all semester and not studying, the net (assuming you can quantify it in some way) will be more suffering. Seems like an easy question not a philosophical quandry.

#2 Basically i mean a goal in general, sayyy weight loss. People often say i will be happy if i lose 10 pounds. When the 10 pounds are lost, most people aren't satisfied with their achievement and create a new goal. Never ending cycle.

Is the question "can people be happy without a goal" or "can humans ever be satisfied?" They're very different questions.

I've posted this before, but the only recurring dream I remember having goes like this:

Bat flying through the air at night straight across my line of sight, then it goes into a church where Bill Cosby is speaking. The bat's still going straight down the middle and finally hits Bill in the nuts and he lets out a grunt.

when my dad was dying

he had visions of bats flying around the room

one time he saw hooded figures looming above him

ghost dad concept

H&M is alright, so is american apparel. those are the cheapest interesting ones I can think of

i really dislike the h&m ones. the rise is so fucking low, i either show way too much happy trail or my balls hate me.