Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

haha i remember trying this a while ago me and my friend thought i'd help us pretend we know shit about wines to pick up girls. i remember it didn't change anything and we passed out before even going out.

seriously, my mom knows stuff about wine and like a lot of things, it takes a lot of experience.

but if you're in your twenties it'll make you look like a tool and those wine reviewers don't even drink it they spit. just read some general knowledges and remember some impressive words and talk like you know everything when you drink it and you'll look like a conoisseur to noobs.

haha i remember trying this a while ago me and my friend thought i'd help us pretend we know shit about wines to pick up girls. i remember it didn't change anything and we passed out before even going out.

this made me lol.

yeh whenever i go anywhere nice and want wine i always pull the "what do you reccomend that goes with dish X?" to the waiter so it doesnt look like i am a complete cretin.

But seriously, guys that know shit about wine in their 20's are usually assholes (or have worked as waiters).

anyone ever smoke the ganja and then drink wine?

turns into a new experience

is this wine reviewer's secret? how else do they come up with all those words to describe this rotten grape drink

Not that I know a thing about wine, but you know there are plenty of people who can be creative without any drug use, right?

yep i'm usually more creative when i stop drinking and smoking, or say actually creative, not writing or scribbling random stuff that doesn't make any sense.

finally saw american psycho

its shit. book is way better, well only if you skip through the pages and pages...and pages and pages of sartorial minutiae.

what i came here to post before reading freecat's post was that modest mouse is the shit. one of the few guitar-based artists i like.

its shit. book is way better, well only if you skip through the pages and pages...and pages and pages of sartorial minutiae.

i actually quite enjoyed reading through those parts. just showed you how anal he was about certain things. what i couldn't stand were the exhaustive analysis of the bands that really made no sense to me because i either a) never heard any of their music or B) didn't even fucking know who he was tlaking about

Cant fucking....wait...almost ...time...

1Sd0ff1sbJU

The guy who did the score for this film deserves major repect.....

This and Tron may be the only 2 movies that I will actually go and spend $12 to go see

but if you're in your twenties it'll make you look like a tool and those wine reviewers don't even drink it they spit. just read some general knowledges and remember some impressive words and talk like you know everything when you drink it and you'll look like a conoisseur to noobs.

But seriously, guys that know shit about wine in their 20's are usually assholes (or have worked as waiters).

i know what i did last summer...

i dated a guy that dropped knowledge about wine when we were ordering and i was like hmmmm twat

the next day we are heading to the beach but first he has to empty the boot of his car, full of not only really nice wine but cases of it from one of my favorite wineries... turns out his dad owns it

...still a twat though

1Sd0ff1sbJU

This and Tron may be the only 2 movies that I will actually go and spend $12 to go see

Zimmer's scores are always good. Can't wait either.

All the crap I talk about not trying to pick up girls at work. Cute girl with a little bit of freckles just around her nose (weaaaaakness) just gave me her number. In my defense, I didn't ask...

interestingly, bret easton elis literally just made up the outfits. He went through catalogues randomly and just picked tops and bottoms and ties and whatever. That was part of the joke to him.

As far as wine goes, knowledge of wine is like anything else. If you drop knowledge on people and expect them to immediately worship you, it makes you a tool. If you just know wines and don't make it a big deal, it contributes massively to how awesome you are.

It's like that sig I see sometimes about how jeans are great until they become a symbol of how much money you have. knowledge of wine is the same thing, with the handicap of being an exceptionally tertiary item to most of your life.

lol @ wine – i just know the basics (chardonnay/merlot) and the golden rule, reds with meat and whites with fish

but i'm more of a beer w/ dudes, wine w/ beezies kind of guy.

------------

on another note, major life decision is turning out badly. your move, destiny :\

Not that I know a thing about wine, but you know there are plenty of people who can be creative without any drug use, right?

well yeah. i was being facetious, i'm not that stupid

not trying to look like or be a connoisseur, nice to have something outside of franzia once in awhile

1Sd0ff1sbJU

See it on acid, somebody, please.