Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

Well, as they are onewash I got them with pretty good roping already. The rest just simply occured. I'm not sure what determines the roping effects, but on Samurai I never get much of it. I assume the thickness of the fabric, its shrinkage and the frequency of the washes are most important.

Love how the momo denim fades, now I really wanna grab some 0805s in january when i go back to school, but I have two other near new pairs :( I think im gonna do it once i see some serious evo on another pair so my closet isnt all dark blue.

Edited by jmfr

Well, as they are onewash I got them with pretty good roping already. The rest just simply occured. I'm not sure what determines the roping effects, but on Samurai I never get much of it. I assume the thickness of the fabric, its shrinkage and the frequency of the washes are most important.

No roping on any of my jawns.  Imma cuffer.

Honestly the only thing that keeps me from momos is the pink inseam stitch. It's too loud on the grand indigo 0702 and upcoming BOM006. I owned the 0702 for a week then realized its too much for me.

Honestly the only thing that keeps me from momos is the pink inseam stitch. It's too loud on the grand indigo 0702 and upcoming BOM006. I owned the 0702 for a week then realized its too much for me.

I like that, but coupled with the war stripes, I just cant wear them to work, and I wear jeans almost every day. More incentive to wait until im done here in january and save i guess lol.

Edited by jmfr

I understand your problem, still it's all part of the momo aesthetic. If you want traditional they have that too with their vintage series. The pink inseam is part of their brand identity. If all you want is the denim minus this or that detail, then I would just say look at a different brand. Not trying to sound all high and mighty but I always read post like, "man the denim!" or "love those but..." if that is the case you don't love them you like small selective portions of it but as an entire product you would probably be happier with something else. 

...it's all part of the momo aesthetic... I always read post like, "man the denim!" or "love those but..." if that is the case you don't love them you like small selective portions of it but as an entire product you would probably be happier with something else. 

+1

I love how those are coming along, what a great shade of blue! what size are they, and would you say the measurements on OD.com are accurate?

Hey Josh,

I can tell you I had a hard time stretching them to my actual waist size. I bought them in s29 which is supposed to be 76,5cm on OD.com. I remember the dude at Take5 told me something similar about measurement when I bought them. I couldn't button up the last two buttons though. Now they're 79,5cm.

I've read a few times stretching Momos is impossible. Well it's difficult but it can be done. My 0805SP and ER007-2B can testify, more than one inch on both of them

Edited by vgadjo

Well said, Rightyow77. If the pink inseam thread is all that keeps you away - keep in mind, that it will stick out less and less as the jeans get lighter. I think noone ever talked to me about the inseam or selvage colour, as people mostly don't pay attention to the details.

One thing I noticed when I took my old Momotaros out is, that the threads are pretty week. I saw a lot spots that I already had restitched and 3 more that could have needed it. It's a small minus in my book, but I suppose they use cotton thread and it is part of the aesthetic of the brand.

Can anyone help identify what model of Momotaro's these are...

http://www.yoox.com/uk/42300059RF/item?dept=men#cod10=42300059RF&sizeId=

It's all a little vague. I've tried to have a look around on the web to see what models have donut buttons, no branding etc but have drawn a bit of a blank.

In eagerness I've already pulled the trigger and they're on their way to me. At that amazing price it seemed too good a deal to pass up but now i'm wondering what i've bought :)

**Edit. Have done some better digging around. they seem to be some form of lower grade diffusion line. will have to see what they're like when they arrive.

Anyone got any experience of the fading on these?

These are JB x Momo's. A collab designed to put JB onto the map, riding along on the popularity of Momotaro.

JB's see not easy to fade though, mostly due to the use or sulphur mixed dye.

These are JB x Momo's. A collab designed to put JB onto the map, riding along on the popularity of Momotaro.

Thanks M1, didn't know about the sulphur mix. 

Mr. Black, don't worry about fading..there is a pair of JBs a page or so back that had some decent fades and the owner said it was one of his favorite denims.  Get some fit pics up on the board when you get your jawns.

Do you have any idea what fit these are? Slim straight, slim tapered or slim. resp. JB070x, JB040x or JB020x?

Thanx!

Annoyingly the website didn't specify the model number. They just detailed them as a slim straight. They'll be with me in a day or so, so i'll update then.

Wondering if I was a bit too quick on the trigger :)

Must check their returns policy.

Just arrived. They're the JB0701. Look nice, but nothing special.

Undecided what to do as i've got at least 3 other pairs of jeans that need wearing in.

Hmmm

Just arrived. They're the JB0701. Look nice, but nothing special.

Undecided what to do as i've got at least 3 other pairs of jeans that need wearing in.

Hmmm

I have the JB0706 and I love the way the fabric softens up with wear. Very comfortable pair of jeans! And I am tempted to pull the trigger on the JB0701 as well...

Is anyone else as stoked as I am about this Momotaro X Blue Owl Workshop 15.75oz Denim Jacket that is dropping in the Fall?? I've been on the hunt for a good denim jacket and I really like the deep indigo on this one. Can't wait to see it in person in a couple months!

IMG_1146.jpg

Unless you are throwing them in the dryer I agree you aren't going to see much shrink, even then it is only temp.

My 1cm shrinkage was referred to inseam!

Waist did not shrink at all, respectively only temporary.

Do you have any idea what fit these are? Slim straight, slim tapered or slim. resp. JB070x, JB040x or JB020x?

Thanx!

Should be, but not 100% sure, on JB modelnumbers are 07xx, tight straight, 04xx slim tapered, 02xx skinny. Last I'm not certain, they revamped the skinny cut and renumbered them.

Well, a decision was made to pass these on. While they're nice enough jeans, I don't really think there was anything 'special' about them. The denim was a bit too smooth & featureless for my liking. Luckily they exactly fitted the bill of a colleague who has taken them off my hands.

Instead I shall concentrate my efforts on breaking in some new Allevols, 2nd pair of Red Cloud R400, bit more work on my Sam 710's and possibly bring back into rotation some LVC 47 & 67's that haven't had much love yet.

Should keep me busy for a couple of years :)

Im looking on OkayamaDenim at a few of these and they're listed as sanforized. How much more shrinking can I expect out of these? And is sizing TTS? Im a true 30.

Edit: I've narrowed it down to either the 1005SP or the 0205SP

The measurements look very similar, with slight varying differences in rise and hem. which is usually my two biggest areas of concern. There's nothing about the knee measurements. Any comments or experience with them? 

Edited by PhillyFresh

Im looking on OkayamaDenim at a few of these and they're listed as sanforized. How much more shrinking can I expect out of these? And is sizing TTS? Im a true 30.

Edit: I've narrowed it down to either the 1005SP or the 0205SP

The measurements look very similar, with slight varying differences in rise and hem. which is usually my two biggest areas of concern. There's nothing about the knee measurements. Any comments or experience with them? 

No real experience with the SP models, but... SP models are one washed, so is Copper Label, which I do own. They wash them in the sea and let them hang dry in the sun. Most shrinkage should be out, but since it's a cold wash, some shrinkage should remain. I reckon Max Power washed his 0905SP's and had some shrinkage left.

Anyway, the weave on Momotaro's is quite tight, which means that, while they won't shrink much, they aren't easy to stretch eiter. I would suggest a size that fits snug of the rack, no need to downsize or upsize (the cuts you mentioned are the more generous cuts, when it comes to measurements)

If I'm not mistaken, the 0205SP should have a little taper going on from upper thigh to the knee, while the 1005SP is a regular straight cut.

No real experience with the SP models, but... SP models are one washed, so is Copper Label, which I do own. They wash them in the sea and let them hang dry in the sun. Most shrinkage should be out, but since it's a cold wash, some shrinkage should remain. I reckon Max Power washed his 0905SP's and had some shrinkage left.

Anyway, the weave on Momotaro's is quite tight, which means that, while they won't shrink much, they aren't easy to stretch eiter. I would suggest a size that fits snug of the rack, no need to downsize or upsize (the cuts you mentioned are the more generous cuts, when it comes to measurements)

If I'm not mistaken, the 0205SP should have a little taper going on from upper thigh to the knee, while the 1005SP is a regular straight cut.

Knowing that they have a tight weave and shouldn't be subject to much stretch or shrink helps me make a better decision. Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

According to Okayamadenim, the 0205 have a wider thigh but a but a smaller hem (slim straight) while the 1005SP has a higher rise and a slight taper from knee down.

The only thing that gets me is that the tagged size is a smaller waist than what the measurements charts show, So I was curious about the shrinkage. A loose waist has been annoying me this past year since I've been losing weight(cant even wear my FH3009 anymore) and I'd hate to have another pair of denim with a loose waist but tight legs.