THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Thanks for the warning. Longevity is definitely something I care about with $200+ jeans. So does PBJ make jeans in sizes less than 28?

Also, how are the quality on Flat Heads? I was also considering the 3001.

Quality of FHs is definitely one of the better brands around imo. So if u decided to take the plunge, you prolly won't regret.

I personally like wearing slimmer jeans, so I would go with the Nudie SJ organic. Also, the color of the organics is really nice; a nice blue color that has an interesting texture (slightly slubby).

the organic dry denim used by nudie is reminiscence of their greycast in color.

Hi

I'm looking into getting some classic style 1947 501raw denim. I'm trying to stay below $230. For those that have one of both of the above, what's the difference in feel and quality? I understand that the canes are japan shuttle loomed denim and a bit heavier than the LVCs but are they worth the $60 price diff? Also, is there any other brand I'm missing in this price range?

Thanks for the feedback

Hi

I'm looking into getting some classic style 1947 501raw denim. I'm trying to stay below $230. For those that have one of both of the above, what's the difference in feel and quality? I understand that the canes are japan shuttle loomed denim and a bit heavier than the LVCs but are they worth the $60 price diff? Also, is there any other brand I'm missing in this price range?

Thanks for the feedback

Its really a personal preference...I'd go with the SC's as well. Keep in mind that all the companies that do a 47 repro have different "interpretations" of the cut. You'll get different answers on quality/cut from the LVC fans and the SC fans.

lucky for me, everyone is sold out of 30x34 KMW 1980s.

can anyone recommend another pair of jeans?

im looking for...

slim cut, around 8" leg opening. basically a APC NS, but slightly less tapering or none at all. maybe a little looser in the thighs (although not necessary, as i did size 3 down for my APCs)

preferably not over 250$.

ive thought of julian red calis, maybe the KMW rocker (i know its tighter, how much?), imperial dukes, and ive heard somethings about skulls, but i dont know anything about them.

lucky for me, everyone is sold out of 30x34 KMW 1980s.

can anyone recommend another pair of jeans?

im looking for...

slim cut, around 8" leg opening. basically a APC NS, but slightly less tapering or none at all. maybe a little looser in the thighs (although not necessary, as i did size 3 down for my APCs)

preferably not over 250$.

ive thought of julian red calis, maybe the KMW rocker (i know its tighter, how much?), imperial dukes, and ive heard somethings about skulls, but i dont know anything about them.

Studio D'Artisan SDA-103 is always my first recommendation...they're perfection.

skull 5010XX or sam 5000BK?? the thing that slightly puts me off about the sams is the 9" leg opening on a 30 but i really like the look of how they wear in...

Definitely the sams. BiG's website says the 30 has a 8.5" leg opening (not that its a big difference). Do you normally wear a 30? If so, you may want to size down one on the sams anyway.

Definitely the sams. BiG's website says the 30 has a 8.5" leg opening (not that its a big difference). Do you normally wear a 30? If so, you may want to size down one on the sams anyway.

im a waist size of 32" but it says on the chart to buy a size 30" i suppose because they stretch... are you saying to go with a 29"?

Nope...30 is good if you're normally a 32. Did you see the pics of poly's in the evolution thread?

yeah they're something else... crazy. i suppose im questioning it because i dont want them too big at the bottom i.e too big for a pair of authentics. what do you reckon?

my mind is telling me that my first pair of sams should be these though...

yeah they're something else... crazy. i suppose im questioning it because i dont want them too big at the bottom i.e too big for a pair of authentics. what do you reckon?

my mind is telling me that my first pair of sams should be these though...

My personal opinion - super-skinny jeans aren't very attractive, and I have the feeling a lot of those who are wearing them now will be looking back not long from now thinking...wft was I thinking??? The S5000's are a good cut, slim, but not stupid skinny. You can't go wrong with sam's quality either...I was told recently that skulls are notorious for tearing, etc. I'm also not a fan of black jeans with gold stitching...but that's a personal preference.

My personal opinion - super-skinny jeans aren't very attractive, and I have the feeling a lot of those who are wearing them now will be looking back not long from now thinking...wft was I thinking??? The S5000's are a good cut, slim, but not stupid skinny. You can't go wrong with sam's quality either...I was told recently that skulls are notorious for tearing, etc. I'm also not a fan of black jeans with gold stitching...but that's a personal preference.

sold! cheers!

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a new pair of jeans to work on and I'd like to hear some of your opinions. I have some pretty big thighs so I'm either going to purchase the Flat Head 3003, Oni Denim Blue, or PBJ XX-006. I'm leaning towards getting the Flat Heads, but I wouldn't mind hearing what you guys have to say about it, thanks a bunch.

I have the 006's. Great for summer...very "roomy" fit for your big thighs. Denim is very soft and not likely going to get sharp fades, if that's what you're looking for.