THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

APC New Standards

or

Iron Heart 634S Straight Selvage

or

Kicking Mule Workshop LE 1950 in AWA

I want some normal type of fit between these three.

HUGE price range difference between these. APC = 140, IH = 290, KMW AWA = 600. All different denim types as well. APC is 13oz (?), IH is smooth 21oz, and AWA is super streaky 17 (or 19)oz. If you want normal type (regular) fit on any of these, I think IH is the way to go, with the 1950 a close second. APC NS is tapered and most people size down 2 or 3 to get the slim look and to account for stretch. I have never seen a pair of NS look good on someone true to waist size.

I live in New Zealand and i am hesitant about buying from the USA as i heard that they measure differently from us.I am very keen to buy a pair of Levis 501s in BLACK and wonder if anyone would know where i can buy with confidence.They have to be made in the USA and i am a 36"waistline.They retail here at nz$160.00 but are made in Vietnam or Pakistan.Please help me before i top myself!!!:confused:

I don't know if Levis makes anything in the US anymore. My STFs were made in Colombia. There are always Levi's sold on ebay that you can get for cheap sometimes. In my experience, Levis shrink from tag size, so a W36 will shrink to a 34. My W34 shrank to a 33, but then stretched back out, though it took a while.

Kicking Mule Workshop Rockers vs Somet Straight fits.

Also looking for suggestions for quality denim with fit similair to skull 5010xx 6x6 or measurements(post soak) around:

Waist: 33-34in

Thigh: 12.25in

Hem: 8in

Thanks

Are you going for a really low rise or semi-low rise? Do you like low pockets? The rise on somet's straight fit is a good 1 and a half inch lower than the rockers. The pockets on the rockers are also lower than usual, however the back rise on the rockers is far from saggy. Answer these questions and you'll have a good idea about which fit you want.

I have the rockers, and I say go for them. If you can get them cheaper than $200, they are basically a steal because of the natural indigo. The denim is amazing, and so is the fit, and you get crazy stacking because of the long inseam. Go for the rockers.

Hope that helps, my 2 cents.

should I buy a slim jim in my true waist or a size up? also, im lookin for the stiffest one, which of the four slim jims are the stiffest? thanks a bunch

Buy them true to size or size down for a slim fit. The stiffest one would be the greycast.

hey guys, this is more of a to keep or not post. i just got this pair of levi x warhol factory and i have no clue what a good fitting pair of denim is. so far i own one pair of apc new standards and those are the only good denim i have so i'm a newb.

anyway here are the pics, don't be scared to tell me how bad they are, paid 40 bucks and i have 10 days to return them

warhol1.jpg

warhol2.jpg

hey guys, this is more of a to keep or not post. i just got this pair of levi x warhol factory and i have no clue what a good fitting pair of denim is. so far i own one pair of apc new standards and those are the only good denim i have so i'm a newb.

anyway here are the pics, don't be scared to tell me how bad they are, paid 40 bucks and i have 10 days to return them

warhol2.jpg

Is that thing on the back of the leg removable or permanent? The fit is nice...and they're cheap, so whatever...but that print thing is kinda ugly.

Samurai

s0500xx vs. s710xx 19 oz

I was originally going for the s710xx because it's a slim fit in 19oz, but lately ive been looking at the samurai denim contest pics and i've been pretty impressed with the results. they have me considering the s0500xx. apparently the fading on them is great, but they seem to break holes in them easily (they are 15 oz). it is not slim like s710xx but it does have a small taper in the legs.

so, which one should i get?

I have actually been debating between those two as well. I personally think the s710xx is an awesome looking jean with the black arcs and not to mention they are the slimmest pair of samurais you will find, but the reason i decided against them is because 19oz will way too hot in california. If you live in a cooler climate I'd say go for the s710.

As a side note I think the s0500xx might have more contrasting fades because it is lighter weight and might crease more easily.

Samurai

s0500xx vs. s710xx 19 oz

I was originally going for the s710xx because it's a slim fit in 19oz, but lately ive been looking at the samurai denim contest pics and i've been pretty impressed with the results. they have me considering the s0500xx. apparently the fading on them is great, but they seem to break holes in them easily (they are 15 oz). it is not slim like s710xx but it does have a small taper in the legs.

so, which one should i get?

seems like u prefer 710xx's fit...I would say go with that.

I have the option of buying acne jeans for 40% off, Dior Homme jeans, Helmut Lang, Raf Simmons, A.P.C. or Nom de Guerre. Which brand should I get? I currently wear A.P.C. only but I want to expand the denim I wear.

You get 40% off all those brands or just acne? If so, I would go with Nom De Guerre.

Do you mean you'd get a pair with japanese selvage or go with evisu, like a brand from japan. Also, do acne jeans come raw? I've never seen them like that.

I meant a japanese brand (not so much evisu...but whatever floats your boat), but japanese denim by another manufacturer is good too (like Imperial or Kicking Mule). There are raw acne jeans...not sure if they have any that use selvage denim, but they might. Are you just looking to blow some cash or are you looking for something specifically?

Im considering: either a pair of imperial blue dukes, or flat heads 3001s, or a pair of acnes (undecisive), have never tried on dior hommes before coz a bit scared of the thigh area (as mine are quite huge). Yeah i want something comfy, as right now, whenever i wear my imperial Kings, they seem to be a little tight around my crotch area lol. Cheers

Im considering: either a pair of imperial blue dukes, or flat heads 3001s, or a pair of acnes (undecisive), have never tried on dior hommes before coz a bit scared of the thigh area (as mine are quite huge). Yeah i want something comfy, as right now, whenever i wear my imperial Kings, they seem to be a little tight around my crotch area lol. Cheers

I don't understand. If Kings are already tight in the crotch, why would u consider dukes or FH3001?