THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

I am looking to buy a new pair of jeans that is both lighter and more slim than my IH 634S. For reference I own a pair of APC NS and I find them to be far to slim for my build. I have larger thighs due to Skiing/Snowboarding/Biking and would like something with a little room.

So far I have considered the PBJ 007, Samurai S5000VX and the Samurai S0500XX. I would like a slim straight fit, nothing tapered as I prefer a larger leg opening. I would like something with good fading characteristics which is why I am leaning towards the PBJ right now. If anyone can help me out who may own 634's and any of the jeans I have mentioned, or knows of another brand that may suit me it is very much appreciated.

i've got 0500's that you can see in old posts of mine. i have larger thighs as well,and feel these are a good choice for me.

Hi all,

I am beginner in raw denim so i would like to order my first Flat Head pair of jeans,slim fit.

After some search i fount that it faded faster from other brands.I consider the 3001 but i don't like the zip fly so is there any other Flat Head slim fit that has the same denim?

Thank you!

As told i am beginner in raw denim ,i live in Greece so please let me know if denim over 15oz will be too warm for the Greece's weather.

At first i have considered the Samurai 710xx and Eternal 811 based in the pics and their awesome fades..

Or must consider something else?

Thanks in advance!

As told i am beginner in raw denim ,i live in Greece so please let me know if denim over 15oz will be too warm for the Greece's weather.

At first i have considered the Samurai 710xx and Eternal 811 based in the pics and their awesome fades..

Thanks in advance!

I think the sammies gonna kill you in greece ;-) I visited greece last summer and it was so hot! Ande Whall make amazing jeans, maybe not as fastfading but the quality is outstanding! 13.5oz handmade by one person!

Edited by tigerstrom

The type of jean is gonna have less to do with it it, they're just bought for a much larger waist size. If you find a straight cut you like just size up a lot.

I'm trying to find a pair of loose fit raw denim with a fit similar to the ones daryl palumbo is wearing in the pic below, maybe a tad bit slimmer but not by much..any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

vkjzo.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Look into Sugar Cane SC2009 (1947 Type-II). Selvedge denim at a lighter weight of 12oz may be more comfortable in your warmer weather.

roy RN03 / Eternal 883 / samurai 710VX? <- my brother

he's looking for modern slim fit cut but not too tight at the thigh

The Strike Gold 1109 / Flat Head 1001 / Flat Head 301? <- me

i'm looking for the slimmest and good-look fit for asian skinny men :D 173cm 54kg (58,5inch 119pound)

roy RN03 / Eternal 883 / samurai 710VX? <- my brother

he's looking for modern slim fit cut but not too tight at the thigh

The Strike Gold 1109 / Flat Head 1001 / Flat Head 301? <- me

i'm looking for the slimmest and good-look fit for asian skinny men :D 173cm 54kg (58,5inch 119pound)

Somehow you managed to make yourself 10 inches shorter in that conversion (25ish cm). (you're 5'8" or 68 inches)

Anyways, the Strike Gold 1109 is considerably slimmer than the Flat Head options. I like the Strike Gold a lot because it is a little bit different than the Flat Head (which is still a niche brand but is larger afaik). The Flathead options for you should be 3001 > 1001.

The 1001 has a longer inseam than the 3001 and will therefore probably be pretty rediculous on someone your height. You'd almost definetely need to get them hemmed, whereas the 3001 will be much more manageable and still give you the option for some crazy stacks or a clean cuff.

The Strike Gold sounds like an interesting jean - but of course Flat Head's are excellent so you can't really go wrong with the 3001. Either choice will end up looking great but I think the Strike Gold is going to give you a more interesting look because they aren't seen quite as often and will be a more modern cut. (keep in mind very probably no one you know is wearing Flat Head's either but the Strike Gold is less seen on this forum).

I'd say flip a coin between the Strike Gold and Flat Head 3001 if you can't decide from what I've said.

Edited by Bradapalooza

bradapalooza

yeah maybe strike gold 1109 ftw. and i like the texture of it

when i saw se05bspo few hours ago my choice is a bit changed now x_x between se05bsp and tsg1109

whcich one is most comfortable?? because both super slimfit cut. and my feet looks good when wear superslim fit cut

i like the fabrics of TFH but sometimes TSG like a mystery i want to feel the evolution from TSG :D

bradapalooza

yeah maybe strike gold 1109 ftw. and i like the texture of it

when i saw se05bspo few hours ago my choice is a bit changed now x_x between se05bsp and tsg1109

whcich one is most comfortable?? because both super slimfit cut. and my feet looks good when wear superslim fit cut

i like the fabrics of TFH but sometimes TSG like a mystery i want to feel the evolution from TSG :D

Just in terms of the denim itself TSG has a tighter weave and will be more uncomfortable when you recieve it. It'll tighten up but the natural state of the denim will be stiffer which is both good and bad. It will probably retain more heat - although it won't be that noticeable but naturally stiff denim forms some interesting creases which is a plus imo. They will soften up with wear and the when you give them a wash the parts that aren't to worn down will stiffen back up but thats irrelavent because they'll loosen back up in the parts that could bother you and the parts that are completely unworn won't be touching you.

On the other hand I've seen some really amazing fades from TFH and lots of people attribute that to the denim itself - although this is hard to judge because there are so many more worn pairs of TFH.

Everyone has had nothing but postive comments for either brand. I personally would choose The Flat Head because I really like the overall look of the brand and the SE05bsp is a very clean look.

do you have any sizing information? my tts is 30, but it seems like a fuller fit so im thinking about sizing down one.

I think it was supposed to be somewhat slim straight - so between a slim and a typical straight fit. Sizing down one would probably be a good idea if you want a slim fit.

I found some measurements for a 30 but I can't attest to how accurate they are - it claims they are after wash.

The waist itself looks to be true to size. around 11 inches at the thigh. about 8.2 at the hem.

http://www.j-e-a-n-s.net/overseas/00666.html this is about it if you want to look for yourself

Thanks in advance!

N&F make some linen denim at 10 oz. I think, and Rogue Territory actually used to carry some 6 oz. denim. Like wearing spiderwebs for pants.