what are you watching today?

red

lol who watches the tour in a bar anyways.

its for kicking back on a nice saturday and watching passively while you do other things. and then when you hear the announcer yelling about a crash or sprint or something you rush over and watch for a couple minutes.

Tjtv8tVtVRw

I remember seeing previews for this and it kind of vanished in the theaters. It was much better than I expected and the soundtrack was fucking amazing. I want a copy on wax but there's only 1000 of them out there :(

Kind of a random mix from the 4th weekend.

My favorite part of this film was the animated sequence. It's kind of genius. This is probably my favorite film from the series, but maybe that's because I don't remember the books well anymore. I do want to see the Cuaron again though.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. I, 2010:

harry_potter_7_poster-535x793.jpg

I've seen Bay talk a couple of times now and think he's actually really smart so I might be a little biased. I didn't really think the plot was that convoluted and regardless, the visual choreography is incredible. Bay really uses 3D to his advantage here.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon, 2011:

transformers-dark-of-the-moon-movie-poster-yahoo.jpg

Totally different vein, but totally awesome. I forgot how much I liked this film and how well directed it is. Speaking of a plot that nobody can figure out, but that's kind of the point. I just love how this film basically starts with the answer and then just gives us a bunch of questions. Also, that soundtrack.

Picnic at Hanging Rock, 1975:

230988.1020.A.jpg

Another Weir film. It's kind of incredible how he just can transform his stylistic approach to fit any film. I had never seen this before but had heard so much about it. It's probably a text book script but I thought Weir's direction on Picnic was better. That said, there are some scenes really well done. Plus, the whole contrast between the visual look of the city vs the country (obviously).

Witness, 1985:

witness-movie-poster-1985-1020206603.jpg

An American independent film that I really liked a lot. Reminded me of Fish Tank given the way it was shot, but the story is completely different. The director really created such a solid world both within the narrative and through the shot choices. Recommended.

Ballast, 2008:

ballast_poster.jpg

July 4th movie. This dude does the same thing every time. Plans taking off right before the runway blows up/falls away; president of the USA saves all of humanity; science comes to the rescue and is accepted by the politicians, etc. Whatever. All the New York extras and Harvey Fierstein make this movie. Their dialogue is too funny.

Independence Day, 1996:

191935.1020.A.jpg

Birthday movie. Sucker for melos. What can I say? Sirk is one of the best.

Written on the Wind, 1956:

504177.1020.A.jpg