Skincare recommendations

2000dB

Malin & Goetz FTW!!!! Andrew Goetz is a homie, and his shit is on point. I think I own every single product they sell (even a candle!) They are my Robert Geller of Skin/Hair care.

a.s.

I've got nothing but good things to say about Sharps for men. I started with their toner and it left my skin feeling great for the majority of the day. I figured I'd go with their concentrated face wash after using cetaphil and not being happy with it. The face wash does a great job for me and since it is concentrated, the small tube goes a long way. I think I've had mine for about 4 months now.

I tried their deodorant after using MenScience, and I found it to work just as well, if not better. I use it conjunction with a crystal stick, and I could go all day without any trace of body odor. It's a little pricey at $12 or so. I tried an all natural stick for half the price and after about 7 hours, I can notice a faint body odor if I stick my nose right in my armpit.

My daily routine is:

Bodywash with Arpege pour homme by Lanvin (came in a gift set)

Face wash with the Sharps concentrated

If I need it, I use some cheap Nivea face scrub

Shave with Proraso shaving cream

Tone with Sharps

Aftershave lotion with Arpege pour homme aftershave which is surprisingly non-oily and pretty hydrating.

The best thing I've found for deodorant is a crystal stick followed by an unscented deodorant (not antiperspirant). If you keep your armpit hair short, it does a lot to prevent sweating and the hair doesn't hold any bacteria that causes a bad smell.

I have sensitive skin that gets dried out in the winter. I've been using some cheap Nivea creme but it makes my skin oily. Any advice? + rep will be issued.

the Shea Butter stuff from L'occitane

Guest on-display

Anyone in sufu use retin a micro for acne? My dermatologist prescribed it to me recently and my face becomes sunburned the second I go into the sun and it gets unbelievably dry. Any recommendations for a good moisturizer + sun screen combo? (preferably higher then 15spf)

Anyone in sufu use retin a micro for acne? My dermatologist prescribed it to me recently and my face becomes sunburned the second I go into the sun and it gets unbelievably dry. Any recommendations for a good moisturizer + sun screen combo? (preferably higher then 15spf)

I haven't used Retin-A, but if from what I've heard you definitely only want to use it as a spot treatment. The less is more philosophy of application would definitely be your best bet also.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Malin & Goetz FTW!!!! Andrew Goetz is a homie, and his shit is on point. I think I own every single product they sell (even a candle!) They are my Robert Geller of Skin/Hair care.

a.s.

i'm slowly becoming a Malin & Goetz convert -- a couple months ago, i figured a test run of their grapefruit facewash and vit E cream was worth a shot, especially since my skin is on the more sensitive side...the face wash was an instant hit for me, very gentle but effective at the same time. the vit E cream was also great, it took me a bit of time to adjust to the scent but i love it just as much now, it goes on great and works w/o turning my face greasy. breakouts and blemishes are down too...just purchased a new batch of goodies off their website today!

any thoughts on their rice bran eye cream? as well as the detox face mask? i opted not to get those ones...yet...

second question for the day...anybody out there ever try the Boots Expert line? Specifically, the anti-blemish products? Thoughts? I was just browsing through the Boots aisle @ Target when the products caught my eye...

In my opinion, before buying anything I would probably find out what your skin type is (dry, oily, normal) then looking into whether or not you have sensitive, normal, or rough.

I usually use Nivea or shiseido for men.

acne.org I have heard very good things about..

Also, jojoba oil (or mixing some with your moisturizer) is also good for people who get dry skin who are acne prone because it doesnt clog your pores.

I swear by this stuff. My skin gets really dry when I shave/shower.

i need advice on a good soap, my skin on a whole dries out and it drives me nuts, i heard things with oatmeal were good but i have no idea what to do.

Try Fresh, all of their soaps smell bomb,last long, work well, they are kind of expensive but worth it.They have a site to order.

or Santa Maria Novella which you can order from lafco ny online

i'm slowly becoming a Malin & Goetz convert -- a couple months ago, i figured a test run of their grapefruit facewash and vit E cream was worth a shot, especially since my skin is on the more sensitive side...the face wash was an instant hit for me, very gentle but effective at the same time. the vit E cream was also great, it took me a bit of time to adjust to the scent but i love it just as much now, it goes on great and works w/o turning my face greasy. breakouts and blemishes are down too...just purchased a new batch of goodies off their website today!

any thoughts on their rice bran eye cream? as well as the detox face mask? i opted not to get those ones...yet...

I own all of those items you listed. The eye cream is great, the face mask is great, and actually pretty fun to use. My favourite is the replenishing face serum, and the new cellular renewal cream.

a.s.

I'm using a prescribed cream with Chloramphenicol (2g) and Salicylic Acid (2g) for 100g of cream. It worked a bit for about 6 months but right now i'm not in belgium, i dont have access to it, and it doesnt work so i'm thinking i might as well move on to something else. i also occasionally use the differin cream but it's expensive as fuck and doesn't work so i barely bother anymore. I looked around a bit and the malin+goetz products look interesting but they don't seem to have a cream i could use every night for acne. what's an overall good cream for my acne that i can put at night before going to sleep?

I also have a ton of blackheads on my nose and a bit around.

could you guys recommend something good for blackheads?

a lot of people's acne is caused by their long-term constipation. from personal experience, i can tell you that my skin looks horrible when i havent gone a certain ammt of times. if you're not shitting atleast every day, get more fiber.

I own all of those items you listed. The eye cream is great, the face mask is great, and actually pretty fun to use. My favourite is the replenishing face serum, and the new cellular renewal cream.

a.s.

I second the detox face mask. It's really foamy and keeps foaming and tingling for 5-10 minutes. Not sure if it's been advertised, but in store at Blackbird they offer a 3 for the price of 2 on all malin and goetz cleaning/grooming products. They just give you the cheapest of the products for free. It's worth an inquiry.

I second the detox face mask. It's really foamy and keeps foaming and tingling for 5-10 minutes. Not sure if it's been advertised, but in store at Blackbird they offer a 3 for the price of 2 on all malin and goetz cleaning/grooming products. They just give you the cheapest of the products for free. It's worth an inquiry.

that's pretty awesome. i wonder if they do it for online purchases. i'm assuming not...but it can't hurt to ask...

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

i am pretty cheap on the skincare front, cuz i got no nastys on my face n shit

pretty much just use 3 things:

-dr bronner's peppermint soap for my hair, body, face in the shower

-some sort of apricot/grape seed scrub, (any brand) to exfoliate

-thayer's rose water witch hazel with aloe vera

none of this stuff has super harsh chemicals or anything.

-dr bronner's natural oils in the soap make my skin babbly-soft, to the extent that my gf envies my superior softnezz.

-the apricot/grape seed shit clears up any dead/nastys on your face, leavin it soft and clean. preference: whatever has the least 'added-bullshit' ingredients

-thayer's witch hazel is amazing. unlike other brands, it doesn't have alcohol, so your skin doesn't get harshly dried out. the aloe vera is an added plus. the rose water makes me smell like a baby, which is awesome. :o

most importantly, the best skincare rec. is a good diet. no fried foods. avocados, and that omega stuff is all good for your skin. you can even get all hardcore and rub cucumbers and avocados on your face or whatever gets you off. egg-white face-masks work too if you got bad nastys and acne on your face

Resurrecting this thread.

Any deodorant recommendations? I have pretty sensitive skin, and my pits seem to start reject anything I put on them after a while.

don't use anything with aluminium-based shit in it. you usually find that in antiperspirant deodorants. that aluminum is bad for you.... :(

there's 'natural-brand' deodorants, but thats too naturehippie for me..

i just use a scented YSL l'homme deodorant

don't use anything with aluminium-based shit in it. you usually find that in antiperspirant deodorants. that aluminum is bad for you.... :(

there's 'natural-brand' deodorants, but thats too naturehippie for me..

i just use a scented YSL l'homme deodorant

yeah but the alu. is an anti-perspirant.

only when i sweat do i smell.