Bicyclettes

canice

I also have a set of silver 165mm Sugino 75s (144 bcd, Square taper), with a 48t Chainring.

I won't be back till' monday, as mentioned, but I will ship them ASAP.

I will sell separately, but I need the other piece to be spoken for.

I'm asking $150.00 for the set.

$120.00 for the cranks.

$30.00 for the ring.

THey're used, a little blemmed, with some TS rub. but nothing problematic.

CR is almost new.

I have an old Centurion road bike from the 80's and around $700 to spend to convert it to a cool fixie. What quality components should I spend the most $ on and where can I skimp. The things I am thinking about changing are the paint, adding a Brooks saddle, riser handle bars, and deep v wheels.

Primary use will be getting around town and riding along the beach path so aesthetics are more of a priority than performance right now.

If anyone is looking for a decent cheap messenger bag (as I was):

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&navAction=jump&id=14337208&search=true&isProduct=true&parentid=SEARCH+RESULTS&color=01

The construction is decent.. definitely worth $20. Made by some military surplus-type company, Rothco (www.rothco.com). UO will honor the online price in-store, as well.

I have an old Centurion road bike from the 80's and around $700 to spend to convert it to a cool fixie. What quality components should I spend the most $ on and where can I skimp. The things I am thinking about changing are the paint, adding a Brooks saddle, riser handle bars, and deep v wheels.

Primary use will be getting around town and riding along the beach path so aesthetics are more of a priority than performance right now.

lulz @ you spending $700 for a conversion.

also, that funny bike would NOT be legal on the track. general requirements include:

• direct drive drivetrain

•*no brakes

• drop bars with bar ends (no core sampling)

•*proper track, rear facing fork ends - so you don't slam to accelarate and have your wheel shoot out in the pack

i do believe certain events will allow for other geometry and bar positioning, but usually only for pursuit.

$700?? after getting the frame?

.... wheels and powdercoating

You have $700, keep the Centurion as a beater bike (they're okay for getting around, but you have 700 fucking dollars, you can do way better!), and build yourself a baller-ass new bike. Srsly. I don't know that price range too well, but I'm sure someone on here does and can point you in the right direction.

any shops in manhattan sell merciers? just got my gov't stimulus check, it's time for a new bike.

bikesdirect is the only place to get them, i do believe. if you're on fixed.gr, check the ebay/clist thread. there is new shit on craigslist EVERY DAY and you can probably find something quite nice for 6 bills. although, you can play the lottery and cancel your bikesdirect order on a mercier, but still get the bike FO FREEZ like my homie did.

i think andyarmada was selling an iro dirt fucking cheap if it was your size.

you're not going to find a cheap bike at shops in the city. if you want to buy one through a shop, go to affinity in williamsburg. period.

You have $700, keep the Centurion as a beater bike (they're okay for getting around, but you have 700 fucking dollars, you can do way better!), and build yourself a baller-ass new bike. Srsly. I don't know that price range too well, but I'm sure someone on here does and can point you in the right direction.

Fuji track

Iro mark Vs

Surly Steamroller

you can get any of those nice rides complete for less than 7 billz

bikesdirect is the only place to get them, i do believe. if you're on fixed.gr, check the ebay/clist thread. there is new shit on craigslist EVERY DAY and you can probably find something quite nice for 6 bills. although, you can play the lottery and cancel your bikesdirect order on a mercier, but still get the bike FO FREEZ like my homie did.

i think andyarmada was selling an iro dirt fucking cheap if it was your size.

you're not going to find a cheap bike at shops in the city. if you want to buy one through a shop, go to affinity in williamsburg. period.

i like the 350 mercier price point on bikesdirect. not sure how i feel about rocking a green bike though...

pretty sick that your friend got away w/ a free bike from them. that's fucking amazing, almost makes me want to give it a shot.

thanks for the tips as usual.

They ship quick and the bike gets to you fully assembled minus the pedals being attached and the headset/handlebars. Bars come wrapped. Takes like 2 minutes to put together.

Kilo TT parts suck cack though. Pedal fell apart while I was riding, shitty quill stem, tires are K-Mart quality, and my bottom bracket is all fucked up now. Not to mention my rim shipped with a chunk of steel poking out that kept popping my tires that I had to file down.

The Kilo TT Pro coming out is supposed to have better parts, but be a bit more expensive. Honestly though, I wouldn't skimp on cost when you're already spending 350 bucks.

if the kilo tt is in stock, do it. you don't have to worry about learning a ton about parts immediately and for $350, you have a couple extra bills to powder coat it any color you want or you can spray paint it for like $15 and use the rest to upgrade your new whip.

immediate upgrades i would do on those things: tires/tubes, velox rim tape (i don't think they ship with any. you will get flats all the time), pedals (sylvan kit from ben's bike).

other than that, it'll come down to how you want to ride it and the fit - bars, stems, saddles.

i like the 350 mercier price point on bikesdirect. not sure how i feel about rocking a green bike though...

pretty sick that your friend got away w/ a free bike from them. that's fucking amazing, almost makes me want to give it a shot.

thanks for the tips as usual.

i thought the green looked fly. anyways, i cancelled my kilo order. got something else instead. maybe ill end up with two bikes! :rolleyes:

if the kilo tt is in stock, do it. you don't have to worry about learning a ton about parts immediately and for $350, you have a couple extra bills to powder coat it any color you want or you can spray paint it for like $15 and use the rest to upgrade your new whip.

immediate upgrades i would do on those things: tires/tubes, velox rim tape (i don't think they ship with any. you will get flats all the time), pedals (sylvan kit from ben's bike).

other than that, it'll come down to how you want to ride it and the fit - bars, stems, saddles.

you're the man. how much does a powdercoating run? you reco going to affinity for that?

not sure if affinity does powdercoating, but they probably have a place they use for their frames. i know t* does and its something like $150 for the strip and one color. new york is pretty expensive in general for it. i got one done in indiana for $65 with sparkles, but i just had them gang it on an order for some bass boat parts or some shit.

there's another place off bowery that'll strip your frame for about $50 (i think)... kyle from dqm had his vigorelli stripped there. i really have no idea about anywhere to paint frames up here, but i'm guessing it'd be around a bill in addition to your blasting cost.